Heaven Cent

James Johnson 2016-2017 Season Outlook

I didn't see a thread for him this year

Is this guy being slept on? quietly putting up solid numbers, including at least one three in each game

These are his numbers from the last five games (including tonight versus Atlanta)

MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

Last 5 Games 24.0 4.0-7.0 .571 1.4-2.8 .500 2.2-2.4 .917 4.6 1.2 1.2 0.8 3.2 2.2 11.6

I think i might dump Knight for him

More of a wait and see. The Heat have played 0 games with everyone healthy and in the lineup. First it was Richardson, today it was Dragic and Winslow. I'd wait to see how the minutes shake up once everyone is back and ready. Of the follow players to suffer significantly; Tyler Johnson, Dion Waiters, Derrick Williams, or James Johnson, Tyler is the only one I'm willing to bet on going forward. The rest, including JJ are wild cards.

With that being said, he's been on my radar for years. He's always been a  stocks teaser. 

Is there any date on the return of Justise Winslow yet? This guy has been a nice 1/1/1 guy with the increased role...

32 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Is there any date on the return of Justise Winslow yet? This guy has been a nice 1/1/1 guy with the increased role...

no date, sounds like at least another week

5 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

Minutes are going to take a hit when Justise returns.

But what about the starting PF spot? Luke Babbitt was trash and Derrick Williams is falling off and his minutes are steadily decreasing. McBob doesn't seem like an option right now either.

I think JJ is making a claim for the spot right now.

3 hours ago, s-kayos said:

But what about the starting PF spot? Luke Babbitt was trash and Derrick Williams is falling off and his minutes are steadily decreasing. McBob doesn't seem like an option right now either.

I think JJ is making a claim for the spot right now.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. The thing is that James Johnson only needs 20-25 minutes to consistently push for a 1/1/1 and I feel like the situation has enough opportunity for those minutes.

He could push for a starting PF gig, but also could simply get some run as a backup for either spot.

Realistically too, I don't think he can stay on the court that much longer even if he started (like a 24-28 MPG role) because he has a history of making mental mistakes and playing outside of himself.

17 points off the bench with 2 blks and 1 stl. He got 27 minutes while starter D. Will got 17. Definitely a deep league add for me with standard league monitoring. 

Edited by s-kayos

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Justice comes back, but I'm on board now. Love his game for fantasy when he gets the minutes.

2 hours ago, sameerm1029 said:

Only got 17 minutes even with justice out yesterday. Is he worth holding onto in 16 team leagues?

Who is going to get you better value than JJ's games recently in a 16-team league?

Over the past 5 he's averaging 11 pts 5 reb 1.2 blk 0.8 stl and 1.4 threes. I'm not saying he's not droppable but The game before this he got 27 minutes also without Justise so I'm wondering where this comes from or if you see a hot FA you want to add

Edited by s-kayos

Every year he puts up versatile stat lines and every year he disappears. I don't think ROS PT is there for him so enjoy while you can but I wouldn't get expectations high at all.

6 hours ago, s-kayos said:

Who is going to get you better value than JJ's games recently in a 16-team league?

Over the past 5 he's averaging 11 pts 5 reb 1.2 blk 0.8 stl and 1.4 threes. I'm not saying he's not droppable but The game before this he got 27 minutes also without Justise so I'm wondering where this comes from or if you see a hot FA you want to add

Alan Williams is a feee agent that looks nice but yeah I get what you mean. I might hold for another game.

42 minutes ago, sameerm1029 said:

Alan Williams is a feee agent that looks nice but yeah I get what you mean. I might hold for another game.

Well yeah that's different, I consider Alan Williams a hot FA. I might make that move, depends on how much you like him. 

15 pts 2 stls 2 blks tonight. Another productive night, good for streaming stocks too it's looking like.

Edited by s-kayos

Ive got no idea what to make of his minutes. 17 minutes the previous game with Babbitt and Williams and McBob getting run. 35 tonight in a lot of garbage time, but he had the most minutes at half time as Miami worked there way out of a hole.

Hopefully theres just 27 minutes for him out there on a regular basis.

Hard to believe but it looks like this might finally be the year JJ has a consistent role. If so, he's worth owning in all leagues.

Edited by LuSamSiam

4 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Hard to believe but it looks like this might finally be the year JJ has a consistent role. If so, he's worth owning in all leagues.

Because spoelstra is actually a good coach.