Heaven Cent

James Johnson 2016-2017 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

To be fair he never got a fair shake on those other teams. When James actually got run he would always stuff the stat sheet. So him having a career year is because he's getting consistent run finally ya know. His coach actually trusts him, will he have that trust on another team?? No way but in no way do I think this is a contact year special.  Agree to disagree there. 

Why do you say that?  From my understanding he had a lot of opportunity for court time especially during his first tenure in Toronto and then in Memphis.  Both of those teams gave him plenty of run with seeing at least 20+ minutes with a lot of starts too.  He's had injury niggles so that might have cost him some continuity.  Potentially his versatility might have cost him too.  If the coaches liked him off the bench playing different spots it can be hard to get a good roll going.  Having said this while he may have been used in different positions and roles he nevertheless still got used, whether as a PF or SF.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:53 PM, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Why do you say that?  From my understanding he had a lot of opportunity for court time especially during his first tenure in Toronto and then in Memphis.  Both of those teams gave him plenty of run with seeing at least 20+ minutes with a lot of starts too.  He's had injury niggles so that might have cost him some continuity.  Potentially his versatility might have cost him too.  If the coaches liked him off the bench playing different spots it can be hard to get a good roll going.  Having said this while he may have been used in different positions and roles he nevertheless still got used, whether as a PF or SF.

why do you say this? This season has been by far and away most consistent run and trust he's seen in his career. 

2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

anybody watched the game?

what's with the low minutes?

Everybody's healthy now, Waiters was the WW pickup for the rest of the season. I see JJ having some good stat games and some duds, just hard to trust someone off the bench with a healthy team now unless a big goes down. 

Don't drop fools. He's a jackknife can play several positions. top 80 player on the entire season and ppl always get hurt. 

2 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

Don't drop fools. He's a jackknife can play several positions. top 80 player on the entire season and ppl always get hurt. 

This..If you do drop JJ will karate chop your throat. Only legitimate badass in the NBA

13 hours ago, VelvetMerkin said:

This..If you do drop JJ will karate chop your throat. Only legitimate badass in the NBA

lol haha

it was one bad game, should hold, folks

1 hour ago, FBPro said:

lol haha

it was one bad game, should hold, folks

He's a second degree black belt. He's 20-0 as a kickboxer and he's undefeated in MMA fights. No one wants to f--- with him.

wow. I might have to take it back. He's looking terrible. early days though

Edited by VelvetMerkin

4 hours ago, VelvetMerkin said:

wow. I might have to take it back. He's looking terrible. early days though

I didn't watch the game but 15, 7, and 8 with a triple 2. I could care less about the turnovers as I don't stand a chance at winning that cat unless I face Westbrook or Harden.

Still looks like a solid play in 8-cat, as the potential 6th Man OTY.  I'm not reading too much into a couple of bad games around the break.  Seems irrational to panic over his ROS outlook.  This guy was just being touted as many peoples best WW pickup this season, with good reason.  

Even with a healthy roster, Spolestra shouldn't have any issues giving JJ 28+ minutes.  Any injury on this team opens up more opportunity - ie; even as a small ball 5, if he has to back up HW when Reed's out. 

On 2/24/2017 at 10:38 PM, mmcc1029 said:

told ya'll

James Johnson PF MIA is OUT Monday at CLE - elbow

8 minutes ago, Parcour83 said:

crossing my fingers it's just precautionary, if he's out for an extended time I'm done

Spo on J. Johnson's injury: "We just want to make sure that elbow doesn't get infected."

I appreciate the 4 blocks and 2 steals but this dude needs to stop chucking it up hoping it goes in, it's playoffs time for us

3/14 shooting and 3/6 freethrows good grief 

11 hours ago, Parcour83 said:

I appreciate the 4 blocks and 2 steals but this dude needs to stop chucking it up hoping it goes in, it's playoffs time for us

3/14 shooting and 3/6 freethrows good grief 

The blocks are actually saving me. I'd be losing that cat if he wasn't matching gobert

What do you think of James Johnsons this year.

It is projected that he will start at PF would you consider him for a late 6th round choice- early 7th for 12 times 8 cat?

33 minutes ago, paokmaniak said:

early 7th for 12 times 8 cat?

So 96 cats? Wow those are some crazy settings.

On 9/28/2017 at 5:17 AM, paokmaniak said:

ΗΑΗΑΗΑ 12 teams stupid autocorrector

On 9/27/2017 at 7:08 PM, LuSamSiam said:

So 96 cats? Wow those are some crazy settings.

lol