Heaven Cent

James Johnson 2016-2017 Season Outlook

40 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Does any1 have any idea if this could be a long term injury??

This!

19 minutes ago, dorwell said:

This!

Well here is a link for all info. on a right rotator cuff strain..

http://blogs.bmj.com/bjsm/files/2008/05/patient-information-sheet-4-rotator-cuff-strain-and-impingement.pdf

The big take away though is the timetable to heal..

Recovery time Average recovery time is 2-6 weeks, but recurrences are common

Johnson said he suffered his rotator cuff injury in the second quarter of Thursday’s win over the Jazz while stealing the ball from Shelvin Mack. He tried to play through it against Portland on Saturday and finished with two points and four rebounds in 17 minutes before being ejected after picking up two technical fouls.

“I knew it was hurting, but I played through it (against the Jazz) and I thought I could play through it in Portland,” Johnson said Monday.

Johnson, who Spoelstra called “day-to-day,” said he’s dealt with rotator cuff injuries in the past.

Link

Ruled out for the next four games. Damnit this was a perfect opportunity for him...I have no other choice but to cut him unfortunately. I have five players out of 15 that are injured now. This is insane.

3 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Source?

Rotoworld front page, Eric Spoelstra, and this guy:

Edited by lbjames6

James Johnson PF MIA  is expected to miss the next 4 games  - right rotator cuff strain

Just now, chud12 said:

James Johnson PF MIA  is expected to miss the next 4 games  - right rotator cuff strain

Is there an echo in here? 

lol just saw him running point in the 4th quarter for some possessions.  Did he do this before?  

Glad to see him picking up where he left off. 14 pts 5 reb 3 ast. 

3 hours ago, ccsae said:

lol just saw him running point in the 4th quarter for some possessions.  Did he do this before?  

He has played some minutes in a point forward role during some of the games I've seen this year yeah.

4 hours ago, s-kayos said:

Glad to see him picking up where he left off. 14 pts 5 reb 3 ast. 

Surprisingly no stocks but you know they're coming

Why is ESPN so damn slow to give him PF eligibility....

taking a hard look at this guy, 30 mins nightly seems reasonable with full lines most games.....

I'm thinking about picking him up, but I'm looking for someone for long term value. Will he be worth owning when Winslow comes back?

Goran Dragic had some nice things to say about JJ after the game: "He's unbelievable, you know. His presence on the floor defensively, offensively...I mean, he gives this team so much...he can handle the ball, make passes, make shots...a hell of a player."

I know Dragic isn't the coach, but that's pretty encouraging to hear. If this really does turn out to be the year JJ finally gets a consistent 30-minute role, I'll be so happy for him (and my fantasy team).

Just picked this guy up for one game to get one steal.  He gives me 5 TO's instead and I just lost my match up now.

Jesus.

On 12/13/2016 at 5:45 AM, Mad Luke said:

I'm thinking about picking him up, but I'm looking for someone for long term value. Will he be worth owning when Winslow comes back?

Winslow has been back and the minutes are still in the 20s, most off the bench besides TJ and more than whoever starts at PF.

Pretty satisfying line last night. Would hope for at least 1 stock, but the 2 3s and 6 assists make up for it.

Edited by kd35durant

1 hour ago, s-kayos said:

Winslow has been back and the minutes are still in the 20s, most off the bench besides TJ and more than whoever starts at PF.

Yeah, well, this information is pretty useless to me right now as I can see it myself. But thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, Mad Luke said:

Yeah, well, this information is pretty useless to me right now as I can see it myself. But thanks anyway.

nice post