Heaven Cent

James Johnson 2016-2017 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, Mad Luke said:

Yeah, well, this information is pretty useless to me right now as I can see it myself. But thanks anyway.

You mad, bro?

18 hours ago, VitorSH said:

You mad, bro?

Just saying as politely as I can. I mean, I was interested two weeks ago how you guys see Winslow coming back affecting Johnson's minutes and production, but telling me that now when he already came back is just pointless. :)

3 hours ago, Mad Luke said:

Just saying as politely as I can. I mean, I was interested two weeks ago how you guys see Winslow coming back affecting Johnson's minutes and production, but telling me that now when he already came back is just pointless. :)

nice post

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

So.....has he just totally given up on the defensive side of the ball?

he had a block

Yeah low stocks but at least there are some positives. He's had three 6-assist games in the past 5. Double-digit scoring in 5 of the last 6. And the minutes are still there. With consistent minutes hopefully the stocks will come.

Anyone have any idea what's going to happen to the rotation once Waiters and Ellington return? This team seems to have loaded up on SG/SF types with JRich, TJ, Winslow, Ellington, Waiters, Mcgruder and for some reason the PF minutes contain Mcbob and Babbitt. Is his role safe ROS for 25 mins?

seriously, how is 0 steals in the last 8 games or so even possible?  Even the worst player in the league could manage a steal in 8 games.  This guy is supposedly good at it.

11 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

seriously, how is 0 steals in the last 8 games or so even possible?  Even the worst player in the league could manage a steal in 8 games.  This guy is supposedly good at it.

He also used to be super aggressive which lead to picking up tons of fouls. He's not as frenetic as he used to be, on both ends of the court, which means less stocks, but it's also earned him more minutes, consistently. 

1 hour ago, KaanYeez said:

With McBob likely out a long time, and a team ridden with Injuries, is JJ a must own in 12 teamers?

As long as he's getting at least 22 minutes, I would say he is. He just provides in every category.

Who would you rather have ROS this guy or Luol Deng? Someone dropped Deng, similar players but Deng looks to be more productive with steals/blocks. The assists and FG% from Johnson is nice though. Decisions...

39 minutes ago, KrunK said:

Who would you rather have ROS this guy or Luol Deng? Someone dropped Deng, similar players but Deng looks to be more productive with steals/blocks. The assists and FG% from Johnson is nice though. Decisions...

AC forum

but johnson

deng will take a backseat after the ASB

Wish he could make at least 3 more of those free throws

If this ft% is a new trend I seriously have to think about cutting him. 2/7 from the line and 3 TO are pretty rough.

He's a career 68% FT shooter so I'd expect something near that number the rest of the way.  After last night he's at 66% on the year.  I love JJ's fantasy upside but if his minutes are gonna be held below 25 every night I'm not sure he's worthy of being owned in 12 teamers.  I usually don't like bashing coaches but if you think Luke Babbitt should play more minutes than JJ then you're outright crazy. 

Last 5 he's still averaging ~13 pts 7 reb 3.5 ast and 1.4 threes. Still looking like a solid low-end play to me, definitely a cut option if you have to, but not really a clear-cut case imo. He's still contributing.

Edited by s-kayos

Surprised nobody's commented on tonight's game yet. The hype is all in the Josh Richardson thread right now I guess.