Heaven Cent

James Johnson 2016-2017 Season Outlook

I've been a fan of his fantasy game since his Toronto days when it was frustrating that he posts a good line then sees no minutes the next game. It's good he finally gets a chance to prove himself.

How many mins we looking at here, PF is as shallow as it gets with the Heat, he starting? 

Anyone wanna drop projections? This dude has fantasy goldmine written all over him, and now he might be getting consistent burn.

I agree with poster above too. Def remember he showed flashesof this production in small stretches during his stint in Toronto. 

3 hours ago, blob2004 said:

I've been a fan of his fantasy game since his Toronto days when it was frustrating that he posts a good line then sees no minutes the next game. It's good he finally gets a chance to prove himself.

not just toronto.

He was fantasy relevant in memphis 3 years ago for any stretch that he was getting minutes.

His stocks had faded for a while but lately, they've been back, esp blocks and his ft% has been better.

I'm so glad I picked him up last week.  If only yahoo would give him C eligibility

2 hours ago, tesla said:

not just toronto.

He was fantasy relevant in memphis 3 years ago for any stretch that he was getting minutes.

His stocks had faded for a while but lately, they've been back, esp blocks and his ft% has been better.

I'm so glad I picked him up last week.  If only yahoo would give him C eligibility

James would actually have too start at center for that 2 happen for at least 5 games. Harrell in Houston doesn't even have C eligibility yet which is ridiculous.. 

mid round stud Ros.  projections are 12.5 ppg,  5.5 Rb , 1.2 steals,. 8 blocks.  1.3 3s,  3.5 apg

Edited by swaggyp

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

James

would actually have too start at center for that 2 happen for at least 5 games.

Harrell

in Houston doesn't even have C eligibility yet which is ridiculous.. 

Hmm.. not entirely true. Did Brogdon start 5 games before getting PG, did Richaun Holmes and Jarrell Martin start 5 games before getting C or did Embiid play 5 games at PF before getting PF (assume he only had C before Dec 20) etc etc...

But agree that Harrell's eligibility should be updated.

2 hours ago, happymedium11 said:

Wait why is that? Isn't sweet to my Lou the leading 6th man off the bench with like 19 pigs? Also who is this James Johnson guy and is the depth chart now basically him at pf with ud backing him up?

james johnson is a fantasy stud. sweet lou will eventually lose out on min due to log jam.  you got to look at the bigger picture. this is a no brainer.

Happy I got this guy.

i remember when he was on Toronto and one Rotoworld blurb said at one point in the season that "he was the best fantasy player on the team" even with demarr and lowry 

i think we gotta pump the brakes on the hype train a lil' bit especially with spo spo's inexplicable man crush on luke babbitt. (I dunno why) but until this dude gets 30+ mpg i'm not entirely sold. I think the talent is there though....  honestly if this dude can pop some treys and get me some consistent STOCKS I'd be happy.

hmm debated whether to pick this guy up or aaron gordon or m. harrell, decided to roll with this stud

if he explodes tonight, this thread will f***in explode. i know theres this rotoworld columnist who is crazy bout him too. every single article has to mention him in some way or indirectly in some way. 

20 hours ago, happymedium11 said:

i think we gotta pump the brakes on the hype train a lil' bit especially with spo spo's inexplicable man crush on luke babbitt. (I dunno why) but until this dude gets 30+ mpg i'm not entirely sold. I think the talent is there though....  honestly if this dude can pop some treys and get me some consistent STOCKS I'd be happy.

probably because they had a lot of struggles shooting the ball,and that is about only thing Babbit can do good

5 minutes ago, Kicker said:

probably because they had a lot of struggles shooting the ball,and that is about only thing Babbit can do good

eh, i'm not sure babbits that much better of a shooter than james johnson. i mean also babbit can't guard a f***in chair.  

any opposing sf/pf would be drooling if they were guarded by babbit all night. 

Babbit is great shooter i think around 40% for three in last few seasons you cant compare Johnson to him..and yes you are right he is black hole in defense and in my opinion shouldnt be a factor once those young players start hitting their shots consistently