urban2014

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

Did anyone hear Donaldson after he popped up? I think he's going to cuss every at bat he doesn't hit one out, I like it, that energy hasn't been there all year. He'll hit one tonight, I know it.

33 minutes ago, austinrbreeden said:

Did anyone hear Donaldson after he popped up? I think he's going to cuss every at bat he doesn't hit one out, I like it, that energy hasn't been there all year. He'll hit one tonight, I know it.

An extremely strong 0-4

I like this optimism...

This guy is back. He's at his best when he's using the big part of the field and launching opposite field HRs. For H2H owners, enjoy the first round production from here on out and into the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Man, JD really is back. Two DONGS and 4 RBI. 

For as bad as he was for what seems like 80% of the games he's played in, his massive hot streak has him at 18 homers and 50 rbi over 76 games. Basically exactly the homer/rbi pace you expected him to play at. Those that hung on are being rewarded and then some right now. When he's going his swing is as pretty as any right hander. 

Is he working the Ragnar Lothbrok again?

On 7/25/2017 at 8:50 PM, SuperJoint said:

I've been benching for a long time now waiting for a turn-around. It's not happening. He looks as anxious for this season to end as I am. It will give me a lot of pleasure to finally drop this turd. Not sure why I've waited so long. I guess it's because it must be heresy to drop someone who not long ago was annually an MVP candidate. I don't see him pulling out of this - why should anyone.

Some of these posts have not aged well.

He picks up the MVP mantle while my current MVP (Harper) is on the shelf.  Good timing.

Edited by borindia

So this is what it's like to own Josh Donaldson when he plays like a MVP.  I like it.

20 hrs and 52 RBI in 78 games.  That's an MVP ish pace. Now we need that average to creep up 15-20 more points and his runs scorers total to soar and we get what we thought we were getting in an injury plagued season this year. 

4 hours ago, chud12 said:

20 hrs and 52 RBI in 78 games.  That's an MVP ish pace. Now we need that average to creep up 15-20 more points and his runs scorers total to soar and we get what we thought we were getting in an injury plagued season this year. 

He has a higher ops then he had last year man.