urban2014

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

I can satisfy a lot of inquiring minds - I have some hard info here so listen up:

1. He will be back within the next 100 years.

2. If he comes back and aggravates the calf again he is candidate for injury bust of the year because his season will be in jeopardy.

Jays had the day off...so they didn't even DL Happ,  Just that he had a "positive report"

Probably won't get an update for a few more days

Standard procedure

Minor strain:  3-4 weeks

Severe: 6 weeks

13 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Any updates on an estimated timetable? 

Ugh... guess it could have been worse

Edited by OrangeCrush

13 hours ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

yea 10 day DL and he'll be back

He's not gonna be back in 10 days.

17 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

He's not gonna be back in 10 days.

He better not

Might as well sit for a bit now while the whole team slumps. Hopefully he returns to a better situation. 

In h2h, you're not so hurt by this guy being injured so long as he's around for the playoffs. But having him in roto right now kinda sucks. Of course, the impact of it on the standings is kinda magnified since it's so early. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the rest of the year after this.

I guess MadBum might be the only worse situation right now in terms of early draft picks. But he's a lower ADP. Miggy looks like he's just going to come back after the minimum.

Edited by Fiveohnine

Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said Thursday that he's hoping to have Josh Donaldson (calf) and Troy Tulowitzki (hamstring) back from the disabled list on Monday. 
src: Toronto Sun

The Blue Jays are pretty damn pathetic when he cant play.

1 hour ago, borindia said:

Don't bring him back unless he's 100%

Same here. We don't know exactly the condition of his calf, but I wouldn't mind him sitting out one more week just to be safe rather than sorry.

Zach Britton just demonstrated why it is better to be fully healthy than to rush back to help the team (if you believe Britton's commentary that it's not something more serious).

Well, the O's are right there in first/second place. With the Blue Jays' situation if he waits too much longer they could be like 15-20 games back before he even takes the field again. I mean it's early, but the Jays are already in semi-dangerous territory.

It sounds from the blurb like he may be back as early as Monday.

Edited by Fiveohnine

He's not coming back this coming week and it looks like May is looking murky...

This was posted yesterday:

Blue Jays third baseman Josh Donaldson has been on the DL since April 14 with a calf injury, and it seems he’ll remain on the shelf past the originally reported four-week window.  Donaldson is making progress in his recovery, though he revealed Saturday that it’s coming along “slowly” (via Jeff Odom of MLB.com). The 2015 AL MVP is currently using an anti-gravity treadmill at 60 percent body weight, writes Odom, and won’t resume running the bases until he’s at 100 percent.

Edited by Picard56

4 hours ago, Picard56 said:

He's not coming back this coming week and it looks like May is looking murky...

This was posted yesterday:

Blue Jays third baseman Josh Donaldson has been on the DL since April 14 with a calf injury, and it seems he’ll remain on the shelf past the originally reported four-week window.  Donaldson is making progress in his recovery, though he revealed Saturday that it’s coming along “slowly” (via Jeff Odom of MLB.com). The 2015 AL MVP is currently using an anti-gravity treadmill at 60 percent body weight, writes Odom, and won’t resume running the bases until he’s at 100 percent.

So the manager expected to have Josh back tomorrow yet he's not close to a return?? Smh, the communicaton skills suck in Toronto. 

They said they hoped he'd be back on the homestand which is 3 series through the 16th. I would think not likely til the tail end of it if at all which would give him a bit more than 4 weeks to recover

9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

So the manager expected to have Josh back tomorrow yet he's not close to a return?? Smh, the communicaton skills suck in Toronto. 

I don't really think its even that. Gibbons said in earlier in the week that he was hoping that Donaldson would be back, he didn't guarantee anything. I kind of figured this was going to happen, that we'd have to wait longer for Donaldson to come back

At least there are no set backs.  Take take the chance for it to happen again.

The 2015 AL MVP is currently using an anti-gravity treadmill at 60 percent body weight, writes Odom, and won’t resume running the bases until he’s at 100 percent.