urban2014

Josh Donaldson 2017 Outlook

Seems  like calf injuries are pretty bad, Beltre could  miss 2 months when all is said and done with his and JD 6 weeks

He was at running on 60% of his body weight on the anti-gravity treadmill the last time he returned.  We all know how that turned out.  That is why Gibbons thought he would be back this week.   Donaldson himself says he is not returning until he is running 100%.        I am sure they want him healthy come the trade deadline if the season comes to that as well.

Just now, azeri98 said:

Seems  like calf injuries are pretty bad, Beltre could  miss 2 months when all is said and done with his and JD 6 weeks

Speaking from experience I can tell you I tore both of my hamstrings in the same run to first base but it didn't compare to tearing a calf muscle which I did running to first in another occasion.  Yes I feel old.  I was about 3 to 4 weeks more with the calf muscle than the hamstrings, granted I am not a professional athlete or have the equipment to recuperate faster.

Donaldson (calf) continues to rehab in Florida, but he's still at least a couple weeks away from returning, Laura Armstrong of the Toronto Star reports.
Spin: 

Manager John Gibbons noted that his star third baseman is behind Troy Tulowitzki (hamstring) in the recovery process. The latter is hoping to return by the middle of next week for the series against Atlanta. Based on Tulo's timeline, fantasy owners can figure a best-case scenario would be to have Donaldson back late May.

Blurb is now saying "at least a couple more weeks" away. This guy is absolutely killing me in roto. I wish I had him in h2h instead.

I think you have to consider selling on name recognition alone at this point.

2 minutes ago, Squeeealer said:

I'm not finding any good info on his progress.  Anyone know?

An update from last indicated indicated that he's at least 2 weeks away.  I imagine we won't have another update until later in the week.  I don't have a very good feeling about this situation.  

Hazel Mae‏Verified account @thehazelmae  14m14 minutes ago
 John Gibbons says Tulo should be back in Atlanta & Donaldson "by the weekend..we'll see" #BlueJays

37 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Hazel Mae‏Verified account @thehazelmae  14m14 minutes ago
 John Gibbons says Tulo should be back in Atlanta & Donaldson "by the weekend..we'll see" #BlueJays

"We'll see"

My confidence isn't high for this weekend. When Gibbons talks he sounds clueless. He's fooled me once, I won't let him fool me again.

On 2017-5-15 at 5:06 PM, DonaldsDucks said:

"We'll see"

My confidence isn't high for this weekend. When Gibbons talks he sounds clueless. He's fooled me once, I won't let him fool me again.

Point proven. Tulo won't return tomorrow as was said previously, and JD won't return this weekend. Gibbons is climbing the charts as one of the worst fantasy managers.

Good thing he has time to troll Braves fans on Twitter. As far as real life, still waiting for that first round production 

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Good thing he has time to troll Braves fans on Twitter. As far as real life, still waiting for that first round production 

I admit I'm impressed, he brought out a lot of Braves fans' tears using only two characters.

1 hour ago, PremiumPlus said:

I admit I'm impressed, he brought out a lot of Braves fans' tears using only two characters.

pics or it didnt happen

On 5/17/2017 at 2:39 PM, DonaldsDucks said:

Point proven. Tulo won't return tomorrow as was said previously, and JD won't return this weekend. Gibbons is climbing the charts as one of the worst fantasy managers.

Yea, I'm replacing him in my league next year.  He hasn't even paid the entry fee yet and still has Familia in his starting lineup.

Edited by 89Topps

14 minutes ago, PremiumPlus said:

Go here and scroll down, the salt is incredible

https://twitter.com/BringerOfRain20/status/865376520751153154

I know he probably didnt mean anything malicious by that tweet but it does rub me the wrong way for some reason.  He needs to hurry up and get back on the field so he can help his team be competitive in the AL East and stop worrying about making jokes on twitter.

Latest update from Gibbons is that he "expects Donaldson to return sometime over the weekend".  Take that for what it's worth (which is probably not a whole lot).  

Josh Donaldson and Troy Tulowitzki scheduled to return to Blue Jays lineup tonight as they host Rangers. ow.ly/nUec30c4daV

There's a rainstorm rolling over Lake Ontario... ?⛈?⛈?

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Redeem thyself Donaldson!

redeem GIF

It's actually Samsonite...you were way off.