parrothead

2017 Dynasty Central -- Rankings, Platforms, Strategies, Etc.

30 minutes ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

7 receptions?

He's going to have to run awfully fast to crack the top 5 in this class.

That being said there is room for a Legarette Blount in this league, just not a high upside pick.

A lot of RBS are not used heavily in the passing game in college and go on to become stars in the NFL. He will easily be a top 5 RB in this class in my opinion.

I can see Pittsburgh putting the franchise tag on Bell if they can't agree to an extension. Highly doubt they just let him walk without any legit depth behind him. D. Williams will be 34 before next season starts, has a terrible injury history and is a free agent at the end of this year as well. K. Williams is overweight and also has off field issues with "banned" substances and Toussaint just sucks. Bell isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Dislimb

17 hours ago, psygolf said:

9 tds in 27 games...draft away!

I guess its inconceivable to think Amari will improve his TD totals...

33 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I guess its inconceivable to think Amari will improve his TD totals...

Why is that?

19 hours ago, psygolf said:

9 tds in 27 games...draft away!

A stud for 10 yrs vs a stud for 5? Absolutely.  Cooper is still only 22 years old...6 years younger than AB for perspective. 

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

A stud for 10 yrs vs a stud for 5? Absolutely.  Cooper is still only 22 years old...6 years younger than AB for perspective. 

Winning now will never keep me from winning later.

10 hours ago, parrothead said:

Did a similar study on RBs earlier in the week.  Looking at the top 12 WR each week to determine who was a WR1 that particular week.  Thus far, 72 Wide Receivers have had at least 1 week as a WR1. 

No surprise:

Antonio Brown 7 weeks as a WR1

Julio Jones 6 Weeks as a WR1

Mike Evans 6 weeks as a WR1

Those above are the only 3 who have performed as a WR1 in at least half the weeks of the fantasy season. 

performed as a WR1 in 4 weeks or 1/3 of the 12 weeks:

AJ Green

Doug Baldwin

Amari Cooper

Stefon Diggs

TY Hilton

OBJ

Thats it, so you cant even get to 12 Wide Receivers who have performed as a WR1 in at least 1/3 of the weeks thus far.  

Great stuff, but in PPR the question really is how many RBs can consistently put up WR1 numbers, because consistently dominant WR production = easiest path to dynasty dominance. 

17 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Great stuff, but in PPR the question really is how many RBs can consistently put up WR1 numbers, because consistently dominant WR production = easiest path to dynasty dominance. 

@ 10 rbs have been as consistent as the wrs listed by parrot at achieving that ppg level

Edited by psygolf

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

@ 10 rbs have been as consistent as the wrs listed by parrot at achieving that ppg level

No, he was looking at RB consistency in producing RB1 stats, which is a LOT lower threshold than weekly WR1 numbers. That is my point. 

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

No, he was looking at RB consistency in producing RB1 stats, which is a LOT lower threshold than weekly WR1 numbers. That is my point. 

You asked the question how many rbs have consistently put up wr1 numbers on a weekly basis, I gave the correct estimation...the top wrs have not been more dominant or consistent than the top rbs this year.  

Edited by psygolf

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

You asked the question how many rbs have consistently put up wr1 numbers on a weekly basis, I gave the correct estimation...the top wrs have not been more dominant or consistent than the top rbs this year.  

Yep, all but the top few WRs have been a boom or bust proposition weekly.   

The new guard of backs is here and reminding everyone why they are the most valuable piece of your team.    

I suspect the trend continues with a strong 2017 rb class

Edited by Impreza178

19 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

The new guard of backs is here and reminding everyone why they are the most valuable piece of your team.    

I do not know if it's a trend or not, but what I do know, even Amari's mother wouldn't pick him in the 1st rd of a dynasty draft.

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I do not know if it's a trend or not, but what I do know, even Amari's mother wouldn't pick him in the 1st rd of a dynasty draft.

im speculating of course- but agree with you.   There's zero chance i take Amari over any of the three wise men.  (Bell, DJ, Zeke)

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Talk like this is good. Zero RB will be plenty underrated in dynasty this offseason. 

6 hours ago, psygolf said:

Not true in PPR at all. The 10th WR on a given week >> the 10th RB this and every season. 

53 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Not true in PPR at all. The 10th WR on a given week >> the 10th RB this and every season. 

It was a discussion on consistency of the top rbs v. wrs...not the randomness of the weekly turnout

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Talk like this is good. Zero RB will be plenty underrated in dynasty this offseason. 

Well I think u will be plenty happy with your choices then.    I have to believe most will correctly see the difference in a league winning rb who scores 20+ standard weekly....and a wr who can get u 3 for 40 just as easily as 200/2.    

Respect your opinion though-  much debate on this subject to come.  

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Well I think u will be plenty happy with your choices then.    I have to believe most will correctly see the difference in a league winning rb who scores 20+ standard weekly....and a wr who can get u 3 for 40 just as easily as 200/2.    

Respect your opinion though-  much debate on this subject to come.  

To be clear, I'm talking about dynasty PPR leagues. It's extremely rare for an RB to be doing what DJ is this year -- he's on pace for 416 pts in PPR; no RB has topped 400 points since Tomlinson and SJax did in 2006 (remember AP was a rookie in 2007; never during his HOF career did he come close to this elite threshold).

I'd much rather bet on the stud 22 yo WR with a young stud QB and a fading older competition for targets. Cooper could very well put up AB numbers with Carr for 5-7 years, while its unlikely DJ (who is 25 this month) can be this phenomenal (better than all WRs) for more than 3 yrs. 

On 12/2/2016 at 0:46 PM, parrothead said:

Being out of it in our auction keeper, Ive been trying to grab guys as well....as are a few other owners.  I own Henry, Prosise and Mitchell as well as Tony Romo for $1, who I guess will be somewhere else next year.  We only get 4, so not all of these guys will stick, but throw as many darts as you can and hope something lands.  

Also have Dixon from Baltimore and a few suspended guys Bryant and Gordon.  

Yeah, I also grab guys on IR that other owners drop. I grabbed AP and CJ Anderson and stashed them since I'll likely be out of the playoffs this season. For some reason, I didn't grab Eddie Lacy, but he's a good one too. Who knows if he'll be back in GB next year, and I really think Aaron Roger's ego hurt Lacy's season and the run game in GB more than an ineffective Lacy.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

I'd much rather bet on the stud 22 yo WR with a young stud QB and a fading older competition for targets. Cooper could very well put up AB numbers with Carr for 5-7 years, while its unlikely DJ (who is 25 this month) can be this phenomenal (better than all WRs) for more than 3 yrs. 

Or...Amari could continue to be outperformed by incoming rookies, like MThomas.  Who's to say?

16 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Or...Amari could continue to be outperformed by incoming rookies, like MThomas.  Who's to say?

How has he been outperformed by Thomas? He's still better overall this season.  Statements like this lead me to believe you're not that familiar with dynasty PPR. 

Just now, joshua18 said:

How has he been outperformed by Thomas? He's still better overall this season.  Statements like this lead me to believe you're not that familiar with dynasty PPR. 

Thomas has more pts....that's how

To my mind, these are the only SURE 1st rounders:

DJ

AB

Zeke

Julio

Bell

OBJ

Evans

In that order. These guys are no question studs.

Next tier looks something like:

Gordon (borderline tier 1 - I'd put him there but don't know if there's a consensus)

Dez (should jump back into top tier with healthy next full season)

DeMarco (only question if Henry starts eating into carries next year)

McCoy (health, as usual, is only problem - seems to miss 1/3 fantasy season every year)

AJ (maybe just behind Dez - I'm biased bc every year I have him he somehow screws me)

Ajayi (recency bias - need to see another season)

Amari (love him, but plays with best #2 wr in league)

Gurley (sigh... hopefully Fisher and co gone next year)

Peterson (probably bounce back strong but older/injuries and garbage line)

Howard (horrible team but has potential)

These guys have questions but can be top tier players. After that it's a bit of a crapshoot. Think of some of the guys who went to 30 this year - Miller, Marshall, Nelson, Hopkins, Gronk, etc. Tough times.

Sorry if this wrong forum. Just felt like throwing my 2 cents out there, maybe get some discussion. For dynasty/keeper though, I'd feel great about any of those tier 1 guys.

Anyone have any suggestions for super deep sleepers? I'm out of the playoffs so I'm looking to fill my last couple bench spots with lotto tickets. I'm talking really deep. I'm looking at guys like George Atkinson in Cleveland, Chris Moore in Baltimore, and Cherone Peake in NY.

Edited by ajs723