Sign in to follow this  
b0nfire

Pablo Sandoval 2017 Outlook

FWIW -

The .224 batting average is deceiving. Pablo Sandoval is crushing the ball.

Sandoval entered Wednesday ranked 15th in the majors with an average exit velocity of 93.2 mph, higher than Nelson Cruz, Bryce Harper and Yoenis Cespedes, among others, according to MLB Statcast.

He’s been spraying line drives all over the field, though most of them have been landing in the gloves of opposing outfielders. He has a .222 average on balls in play, well below his career mark of .322.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox/2017/04/red_sox_notebook_pablo_sandoval_ripping_liners_but_hardly_any_falling_for

1 hour ago, Baseball Jonze said:

he looks absolutely tenacious up there... like a polished, more ripped version of his best years in SF.

If corner infield wasn't so insanely deep, I'd be all over Pablo on the wire. 

So... this guy is as awful as we thought he'd be.

Red Sox really need to get rid of this guy somehow. He wrecks the bottom of the lineup.

Not that it matters but he is now on the dl with an inner ear infection. The one thing the Giants have to smile about this year.

19 minutes ago, billofwa said:

Not that it matters but he is now on the dl with an inner ear infection. The one thing the Giants have to smile about this year.

Good quick catch.  Wow so that is different for the latest fake injury to get him out of the way.  Inner ear.  Good one.

Farell refused to play him at all in the 3 game Houston series citing the neatly trimmed Astros infield as being too fast for the Panda to play on.  (Yes he literally said that at a press conference).

Then they gave him a start last night at KC and pinched hit for him in the 8th because he sucks at hitting.  But hey 3B guys aren't suppose to be hitters, right?

And then his defensive replacement at 3B for the 9th was their catcher, Christian Vasquez, who never played any 3B ever professionally because even a catcher can field 3B out of the blue for the first time ever better than Pablo.

Think about that.  Panda replace by a catcher at 3B.  Guess that should have told me that blissfully they would make up some story to DL him.

Well good luck, Rutledge.  3B is yours now unless they fast track Devers who probably isn't really ready quite yet.  (Or a trade is made of course).  But maybe Josh Rutledge will get hot and hold the job for awhile like when he first got called up back in the day to replace an injured Tulo in Colorado.  He was the flavor of the month for several months running I remember.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

12 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Good quick catch.  Wow so that is different for the latest fake injury to get him out of the way.  Inner ear.  Good one.

Farell refused to play him at all in the 3 game Houston series citing the neatly trimmed Astros infield as being too fast for the Panda to play on.  (Yes he literally said that at a press conference).

Then they gave him a start last night at KC and pinched hit for him in the 8th because he sucks at hitting.  But hey 3B guys aren't suppose to be hitters, right?

And then his defensive replacement at 3B for the 9th was their catcher, Christian Vasquez, who never played any 3B ever professionally because even a catcher can field 3B out of the blue for the first time ever better than Pablo.

Think about that.  Panda replace by a catcher at 3B.  Guess that should have told me that blissfully they would make up some story to DL him.

Well good luck, Rutledge.  3B is yours now unless they fast track Devers who probably isn't really ready quite yet.  (Or a trade is made of course).  But maybe Josh Rutledge will get hot and hold the job for awhile like when he first got called up back in the day to replace an injured Tulo in Colorado.  He was the flavor of the month for several months running I remember.

I think they  will trade for a 3b, maybe Travis Shaw?

31 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL!!  Good one.

They really need to just trade for Moustakas, while they're in KC would work. They could save some money on a flight and have him board the plane in a couple days.

1 hour ago, b0nfire said:

They really need to just trade for Moustakas, while they're in KC would work. They could save some money on a flight and have him board the plane in a couple days.

They can but the Royals are in the WC hunt and are playing better, maybe they won't be sellers, but they could get Todd Frazier for sure

As you are sitting at work today, here is a visual of what 28 million dollars looks like.  One of them gets to have fun playing in the minors with no pressure whatsoever and the other one doesn't have to "work" anymore while collecting 36 million dollars over the next 2 years.  Way to go Boston!

AP285168556694_p2t6tygn_9ul7p3el.jpgFat-Pablo-Sandoval.jpg

Edited by Hangry Bird

On 6/20/2017 at 3:56 PM, b0nfire said:

as a kc fan - keep dreaming.

he's going nowhere as long as we're in this race.

Rotoworld makes it official.  Red Sox fans our long national nightmare is finally over:

Red Sox activated 3B Pablo Sandoval from the 10-day disabled list; designated him for assignment.

Sandoval batted just .237/.286/.360 in three seasons with Boston after signing a five-year, $95 million contract, and he played just 35 games the last two years due to injury. He's still owed roughly $50 million through 2019 when you include his 2020 buyout, but the Red Sox are willing to eat that money in order to turn the page. Boston will roll with Tzu-Wei Lin and Deven Marrero at third base for now, but they'll undoubtedly be in the market for a third baseman ahead of the trade deadline. Sandoval will catch on somewhere, but he would certainly appear to be a longshot to be a productive major leaguer again. He'll turn 31 next month.

I highlighted in bold this part above and reply to the Rotoworld writer thusly:  Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Frazier makes sense. Uninspiring but hey he could be good.

I think it's a long shot being in the division, but it's at least fun to imagine the damage Donaldson would do in that lineup. An owner can dream at least 

24 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Rotoworld makes it official.  Red Sox fans our long national nightmare is finally over:

I highlighted in bold this part above and reply to the Rotoworld writer thusly:  Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

"Sandoval will catch on somewhere."

Hopefully for his sake it's a treadmill.

I'd rather they keep Lin and Marrero at 3B until Devers or even Chavis (who is probably further along defensively development-wise) is ready.  Been impressed especially with how hard Lin is hitting the baseball albeit often to an outfielder.  Both seem to have good gloves at 3B too.  Brock Holt is suppose to be back within days too so that gives you the vet in the mix as well.

I definitely don't want them trading away the rest of their decent prospects for the Adam Dunn (in his last years, not the good Dunn) of 3B (Frazier) especially since in this juiced season his long ball is way way down this year.  And that is the only thing he is good for upgrade-wise.  Power.  But his power is way down this year so it makes no sense to get him.  Nada.  He is a total bust to me and would end up depleting the farm system horribly in the process. (And it is already really depleted).

And I'm afraid the only place the Panda will "catch on" now is a seat at his local cheeseburger joint.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

So Boston eats multi-millions to rid themselves of this guy.  The Giants pick him up and send him to the minors where he hits .207.  They then call him up and tonight he is batting cleanup.  You can't make this stuff up.

The Belt injury and the Giants simply being pitiful is the main reason 

Edited by urban2014

17 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

The Belt injury and the Giants simply being pitiful is the main reason 

I would bat anyone but Sandoval 4th.