SpecialFNK

Yoan Moncada 2017 Outlook

57 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

he's had 8 Ks in his last 4 games and only 3 hits.

This guy is going to struggle to hit .200 in the majors. 

He just needs a change of scenery. The South Side sounds good. 

1 hour ago, EmbargoLifted said:

he's had 8 Ks in his last 4 games and only 3 hits.

This guy is going to struggle to hit .200 in the majors. 

We'll see. Bellinger's AAA K-rate was higher than Moncada's and his walk rate lower. Not saying that's predictive of Moncada.... just saying that "we'll see". This year above most others is illustrative that the transition from AAA to the Majors can't always be predicted by MILB stats.

On 7/6/2017 at 9:47 AM, dmac88 said:

I'm in a 14-teamer. He was drafted final round, dropped. I picked him up May 9th and have been holding since.

Hard to figure. The whitesox suck and are going nowhere. Why not bring him up and turn him loose. He has been hot in aaa recently.

please stop bumping this thread until he gets the call.

post in the minor league forum.

And here we go. Moncada is up. Wouldn't expect much though but boatloads of power/speed potential if he can make contact at the MLB level.

I know it's difficult to figure, but where would you rate him among 3B in a redraft?  Obviously the speed/power upside is immense.

I'm pretty sure he is going to play 2B like he has all season. Matt Davidson can play 3B and Yolmer Sanchez can be a utility guy.

7 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

I'm pretty sure he is going to play 2B like he has all season.

Yep. He's played 79 games at 2B and 0 at 3B. Would've been easy to give him a game at 3B every now and then if the White Sox had any designs on using him there.

Just picked him up in case he makes a splash in the second half and blows people away, I hate missing out on breakout/upside players and I dropped ol Hanley for him. I say he hits around .250 to possibly even .280 with around 10 homers and 10 steals with upside for more.

10 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Yep. He's played 79 games at 2B and 0 at 3B. Would've been easy to give him a game at 3B every now and then if the White Sox had any designs on using him there.

Sounds like the was speculation about him playing 3b Wednesday night but no confirmation yet. Wouldn't shock me if he actually plays at 2b instead. 

People are writing tweets and blurbs on him as if they haven't been following him in the minors all year. It would be stunning if he played 3B stunning and stupid. It would set him up to look bad. 

22 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

really need 2b eligibility here ... guesses on whether or not he gets it in Yahoo and how long? 

He's going to be the 2B. It will take him 5 starts to get there. Expect Moncada to be 2B/3B no later than Monday or Tuesday morning.

Edited by Carlos Correa

Just now, Low and Away said:

Won't Davidson play 3rd now?

Yeah. He did today and is listed behind Frazier at 3B on the depth chart. Rotoworld doesn't know what they are talking about when they said Moncada would play 3B. 

What should we expect ROS? Anyone want to venture a guess of his slashing line, HR total, and SBs?

9 minutes ago, rasrar said:

What should we expect ROS? Anyone want to venture a guess of his slashing line, HR total, and SBs?

.255 8 HR/12 SB.  

I am more bullish with extrapolating minor league stats now that MLB uses juiced balls (and Minors don't). 

Edited by Rainyy

His OBP has been pretty legit so here's my ROS projection: 

220 PAs

36/9/30/15 

249 BA

328 OBP

and that's my conservative take. 

6 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

He's going to be the 2B. It will take him 5 starts to get there. Expect Moncada to be 2B/3B no later than Monday or Tuesday morning.*

* if you play on Yahoo.  ESPN takes 10 starts.