SpecialFNK

Yoan Moncada 2017 Outlook

just hoping we get some weird hot streak where he hits for tons of power despite striking out in AAA so much (like bellinger) .. and his BA is respectable enough to enjoy the production in the other 4 categories. 

I was super high on him in the past but excitement faded as the strikeouts soared with higher competition. This will be the key in his ability to produce. I worth a gamble this season but it may be growing pains the next couple months.

Physical tool shed that makes you drool.

He's basically a switch hitting create-a-player from The Show.

Edited by StevieStats

5 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I was super high on him in the past but excitement faded as the strikeouts soared with higher competition. This will be the key in his ability to produce. I worth a gamble this season but it may be growing pains the next couple months.

Physical tool shed that makes you drool.

He's basically a switch hitting create-a-player from The Show.

:D

8 hours ago, lipitorkid said:

People are writing tweets and blurbs on him as if they haven't been following him in the minors all year. It would be stunning if he played 3B stunning and stupid. It would set him up to look bad. 

I know man, people are the worst.  The guy above drooling about his physical tool shed needs to go rub one out to his Moncada fathead poster.  I know you're all excited and have your pom poms out but temper your expectation boys.  Yoan is still a young Jedi and lacks plate discipline, will strike out a ton no doubt.  Davidson should be manning 3B tonight, Yoan at 2B, Timmy at SS and Jose at 1B, Sox farm looking strong now!  I'm excited but if you think Yoan's gonna put your fantasy team on his back and carry you to a title you need to get a grip.  Go Sox!

On 7/8/2017 at 8:55 AM, EmbargoLifted said:

he's had 8 Ks in his last 4 games and only 3 hits.

This guy is going to struggle to hit .200 in the majors. 

Agreed.  Let the learning process begin.  So happy I don't have to look at Todd Frazier's ugly mug any more

I will be honest and say I haven't read through the last 11 pages of comments, however...

The thing everyone needs to keep in mind - as talented as Moncada is, he still has two huge issues standing in his way:   1)  He's really young and going to be learning at the ML level.   That's always a concern for younger players.   2)  The White Sox are a downright terrible team with very limited talent in that lineup.  We all know the implications there.

Good to see  the young kid up

7 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

If you don't hurry to your waiver wire, he's going to be Gon-cada.

I question the quality of leagues that have him on the wire still.

46 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Any idea of his spot in the batting order? 

He might hit down in the order when he first comes up, but he almost exclusively batted leadoff in AAA and the current MLB White Sox don't have a great leadoff hitter. We'll see. If he goes 0-4 for a week they aren't going to move him to leadoff. 

Grabbed him in a couple leagues just because I had someone to drop.  Not expecting too much, K% rate is ridiculous.  Think he should be a beast sometime next season, though.

1 hour ago, IDGAFOS said:

I question the quality of leagues that have him on the wire still.

There are actually these things called redraft leagues that don't go 3 years out into the future, where you don't have 40-man rosters and keep twenty of them.  So boring and pedestrian I know, we are not on your level but still manage to have fun playing

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

his K's have to be a concern. 28.3 K% in the minors.

It doesn't matter when he hits 20 bombs and steals 30 bags before the end of the year

#sarcasm

Don't get me wrong, I love the kid and can't wait to see how he develops but he's not quite Carlos Beltran on the Royals just yet.  There will be lots of growing pains involved.  They need to rename these "outlook" threads, "stroke" threads:)

8 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

There are actually these things called redraft leagues that don't go 3 years out into the future, where you don't have 40-man rosters and keep twenty of them.  So boring and pedestrian I know, we are not on your level but still manage to have fun playing

I was lucky to snag him in a 12 team Yahoo Pro league 5 weeks ago when I had to deal with Odors odor.Dunno why your Moms sister in laws cousin didn't pick him up in your league.

Edited by the real donny baseball

2 minutes ago, the real donny baseball said:

I was lucky to snag him in a 12 team Yahoo Pro league 5 weeks ago when I had to deal with Odors odor.Dunno why your Moms sister in laws cousin didn't pick him up in your league.

Right on brother, good luck!  We get penalized for K's in my league so he's not a very attractive option when you have J.Turner & Altuve but I hope he does well being a Sox fan

36 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

Right on brother, good luck!  We get penalized for K's in my league so he's not a very attractive option when you have J.Turner & Altuve but I hope he does well being a Sox fan

I'm in another league that counts Ks in the negative column,not touching him there.Just hoping for that SAGNOF(ty Razzball) goodness in a redraft.

3 hours ago, Hangry Bird said:

Actually I'm in 5 standard redraft leagues and he's been owned all season in them.

5 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Actually I'm in 5 standard redraft leagues and he's been owned all season in them.

And how many hot free agents have been missed out on because they were stashing Moncada half the year?

Bingo ! Or great trades turned down. Took two offers when I had the chance. Holding in one league that doesn't cost me anything. But honestly I'm not expecting much to happen. The tools just might not come out of the shed .