2. Melky Cabrera (S) LF
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Avisail Garcia (R) RF
5. Matt Davidson (R) 3B
6. Yoan Moncada (S) 2B
7. Tim Anderson (R) SS
8. Omar Narvaez (L) C
9. Yolmer Sanchez (S) DH

FYI Hanson is hitting .215 for the year with a sub .300 OBP. Not too high of a hurdle for Moncada to move up in the lineup. 

I picked him up last week friday, after owning him earlier in the year and then watching him on the FA.

On 6/17/2017 at 2:31 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

He won't be up until around the middle of July. BOS brought him up last year, so to get the extra year they need to wait a solid month past the rough Super 2 which is about now.

I was close! Let the ride begin. Sure there will be the K's but he is so crazy talented that the power/speed factors easily outweigh those concerns imo.

It's really nice getting him and Marte back same week after stashing for so long. Icing would be Rosario this week as well. I'm hoping Moncada will get a steal or two tonight.  Can t wait for him to get 2b I'm BSPN.

I picked him up just this morning in a yahoo winner's league. my only hesitation is that I've been desperate for help in AVG as the one category I need help in to get closer to 1st place.

I don't know if this has been covered, but why did he go from stealing a lot in in A (49) and A+ (36) to not stealing much after that in AA (9) and AAA (17).

6 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

And how many hot free agents have been missed out on because they were stashing Moncada half the year?

I'm just stating facts. 

First time i've ever seen this guy today. Loved what i saw. I missed the first walk. But the second AB he jumped all over and absolutely hammered a high 1-2 fastball one hopped into the corner, but just foul. Hammered. Then a very hard groundball right at bellinger on the next pitch. Next AB he hammered a lineout to center. Looked very explosive and strong from what i saw. 

I'd temper expectations. He struck over 100 times in a little over 300 at bats in AAA this year. 17 steals, but was caught 7 times. He walks at a decent clip, and you figure he'll have the green light to run. But honestly, his callup really wasn't warranted based on his play recently. But he's an intriguing power/speed combo. I just feel he's one of those guys you grab next year cheap because he didn't really wow anyone in his initial callup.

4 hours ago, Stubudd said:

First time i've ever seen this guy today. Loved what i saw. I missed the first walk. But the second AB he jumped all over and absolutely hammered a high 1-2 fastball one hopped into the corner, but just foul. Hammered. Then a very hard groundball right at bellinger on the next pitch. Next AB he hammered a lineout to center. Looked very explosive and strong from what i saw. 

The walk was good. He was actually down in the count 0-2 and Maeda was throwing everything down and away to him. There was one pitch that the ump helped him with that probably should have been called strike three, but the fact he has the ability to lay off all those outside pitches bodes well. It was about a 6 or 7 pitch AB.

Don't forget he will be 2b/3b elgible in most formats after few games. That's gold.

4 hours ago, Bobby Blue said:

The walk was good. He was actually down in the count 0-2 and Maeda was throwing everything down and away to him. There was one pitch that the ump helped him with that probably should have been called strike three, but the fact he has the ability to lay off all those outside pitches bodes well. It was about a 6 or 7 pitch AB.

The walk was good???  He shoulda been called strike 3 on 2/3 pitches of those pitches. Glad i moved him on the hype! 

28 minutes ago, Bullys said:

The walk was good???  He shoulda been called strike 3 on 2/3 pitches of those pitches. Glad i moved him on the hype! 

How many things are wrong with this post? 

1 hour ago, Bullys said:

Haha he's played one game so far this year in the MLB. That's enough to see if he's lived up to the hype? You must not have watched his at bats because so far he passes the eye test for me. Time will tell about living up to the hype.

Edited by snarf snarf

46 minutes ago, snarf snarf said:

Haha he's played one game so far this year in the MLB. That's enough to see if he's lived up to the hype? You must not have watched his at bats because so far he passes the eye test for me. Time will tell about living up to the hype.

Ok, lil over the top on the moving on hype lol. But that at bat was awful. .. 

4 minutes ago, Bullys said:

Ok, lil over the top on the moving on hype lol. But that at bat was awful. .. 

It definitely wasn't awful, but he should have been called out. An awful AB is a guy flailing at pitches and missing.He was 6 pitches deep when that first strikeout pitch came. Regardless, this has to be the most overanalyzed single AB of the season.

1 hour ago, oswald737 said:

It definitely wasn't awful, but he should have been called out. An awful AB is a guy flailing at pitches and missing.He was 6 pitches deep when that first strikeout pitch came. Regardless, this has to be the most overanalyzed single AB of the season.

Agreed. He at least showed some patience. When he was down 0-2 I figured he was going fishing considering the high K rate. He fought some pitches off as well.

I believe he was down 0-2 his next at bat as well if I remember correctly. He smoked the foul ball that if fair was probably a double. It seems like when he makes good contact it's going to be hit hard. I'm pretty excited about finding out what he's going to do from here on out. 

Edited by snarf snarf

The team offense is about 20th this year among all teams so he finds himself on a bit crappy team offensively batting wise... That may hinder his potential.

Moncada is one of those all around players that can produce a ton of roto value despite his lineup: Good baserunner (will maximize run opportunities when he gets on), big SB potential, power potential, etc. if he gets hot over the last few months of the season he could put up some monster value in a hurry. 

AAA k rate is scary as hell though

Edited by EmbargoLifted

8 hours ago, Bobby Blue said:

It was a 9 pitch ab, hell of a debut if you ask me, both other outs were rockets off his bat and they were just right at fielders.

4 minutes ago, austinrbreeden said:

It was a 9 pitch ab, hell of a debut if you ask me, both other outs were rockets off his bat and they were just right at fielders.

His mlb debut was last year in Boston . 

LOL all the haters in here make me giggle. 

"Good luck! Once he gets called up he's going to be a strikeout machine!"

[has season debut, doesn't strike out]

"Yeah well he should have struck out though!"

Le's all just let it play out and see who he really is.

37 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

LOL all the haters in here make me giggle. 

"Good luck! Once he gets called up he's going to be a strikeout machine!"

[has season debut, doesn't strike out]

"Yeah well he should have struck out though!"

Le's all just let it play out and see who he really is.

It happens with every player.The people who missed out congregate to tell the people who made the pickup how stupid they are.

1 hour ago, the real donny baseball said:

It happens with every player.The people who missed out congregate to tell the people who made the pickup how stupid they are.

We are one game in and he watched what probably should have been strike 3 twice. And this against a guy who can't keeo a rotation spot in a rotation needing pitching. 

He has his obvious faults, but it's kinda telling that guys wanna declare victory just because he managed to not strike out last night. 

Like you said, let's revisit this in a month. I took advantage of his call up and flipped him for C-mart, ill let someone else take all the risk. 

Power and speed on display on that at bat.  Bases clearing triple,  opposite gap.