SpecialFNK

Yoan Moncada 2017 Outlook

11.24 seconds from home to 3B. fastest time for the White Sox this season. All per MLB stat cast.

Love a rookie that hustles.

10 hours ago, Bravesfan155 said:

11.24 seconds from home to 3B. fastest time for the White Sox this season. All per MLB stat cast.

Love a rookie that hustles.

I would think 99.99% of rookies hustle.  If a rookie doesn't hustle his stay in the show will be quite short.

As a White Sox fan and owner of him this is fun to watch.  The dude can fly!  Jesus.  No one on the sox has had that kind of speed in many many moons.

1 hour ago, Dylanfan66 said:

As a White Sox fan and owner of him this is fun to watch.  The dude can fly!  Jesus.  No one on the sox has had that kind of speed in many many moons.

What about the speed of AJ Pierzynski running to 1st after a "dropped" called third strike? He looks pretty fast here

5 hours ago, jb_power said:

I would think 99.99% of rookies hustle.  If a rookie doesn't hustle his stay in the show will be quite short.

All players should hustle, every damn play. I don't care if he's Mike Trout, which you'll never have to worry about that guy not hustling. A game was lost yesterday because a player didn't hustle, or had his head every where except the game, most likely both. All that being said, I agree with you.

Edited by Z06vette

I'll pull a 2018 projection out of my a**, curious what others think:

.260/.320/.480/80R/25HR/90RBI/15SB

12 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

i say more like .240

I initially was thinking .240 or .250, but his speed should help his average. 

1 hour ago, motown magic said:

To use his speed he will have to hit the ball 

He has no Ks so far tonight. Two fly outs to center, one hit 383 feet. If you mean he has to get to first safely, well, his minor league OBP is much better than average. Give it time. 

9 hours ago, lipitorkid said:

Keep the strikeout-less streak going Yoan!

11 hours ago, lipitorkid said:

He has no Ks so far tonight. Two fly outs to center, one hit 383 feet. If you mean he has to get to first safely, well, his minor league OBP is much better than average. Give it time. 

Minor league numbers were left at the door. I own him in one league. I'm hoping he hits. I'm just not expecting him to.

14 hours ago, lipitorkid said:

Since we care so much about a 3 game sample, yes, he hasn't K'd yet, but he's also batting .111.

The speed is really helping him out i guess, he's not batting .000 

18 hours ago, RotoGenius said:

I'll pull a 2018 projection out of my a**, curious what others think:

.260/.320/.480/80R/25HR/90RBI/15SB

I say don't let anybody laugh at your dreams.

And bump up the bags total

He's making start #4 at 2b today. One more start there tommorrow and he's eligible at that position beginning Tuesday in yahoo leagues.

Edited by cltubbs

1 hour ago, sngehl01 said:

Since we care so much about a 3 game sample, yes, he hasn't K'd yet, but he's also batting .111.

Must have a really low babip then. I'm guessing.111

1. If you get a chance watch his last at bat vs. KC last night. The one where he walked. He looked calm and like he has a plan at the plate. Soria kept trying to expand the zone after getting a strike call low and away and Moncada wouldn't bite. 

2. There will be very few series against crappy pitching staffs for the CWS and Moncada the rest of the way. They have two series vs. the Twins towards the end of August, but who knows if the Twins go out and get some pitching by that point. They also have one series against Det at the end of August and one in Sept. Besides that the CWS face some really good pitching week after week. There could be very little offense from anyone in the CWS offense ROS. 

For leagues with triples as categories, this guy delivered for you

Probably a future fantasy stud (in non Point leagues), but also probably not usable in any 12 team or less roto league this year

17 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

in all fairness his career BA is .179

On 7/22/2017 at 0:59 PM, lipitorkid said:

What about the speed of AJ Pierzynski running to 1st after a "dropped" called third strike? He looks pretty fast here

Oh come on that wasn't a drop. He was signaled out so that catcher was running to dugout. He runs to 1st then empire changed his mind . ???

7 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Keep in mind, Moncada is a switch hitter who is significantly better vs RHP.  His last 2 games has been against LHP. 

Yeah I'm still concerned about his career average vs. lefties. I'm wondering if they've ever tried hitting him lefty vs. lefties, based on his minor league splits I doubt he could do worse. 

To highlight the White Sox concerns about his batting average they moved him from 6th in the order, to batting 2nd today. Or maybe that's more a reflection on the rest of the team, than confidence in Moncada.