SpecialFNK

Yoan Moncada 2017 Outlook

8 minutes ago, Helms said:

In other words, they want an extra year of control...

Looks like we will be waiting until mid June. 

This makes it seem like we all have to wait till mid June to see him in the bigs right? Sucks but we waited this long... what's 1 more month. 

40 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Looks like we will be waiting until mid June. 

If we are waiting till mid-June, I think it's actually going to be mid-July. No reason to wait till June, then not wait a few more weeks to save millions of dollars with Super-2.

Very possible, but will also say that Dan Hayes has been touting an expected delay on Moncada since the season started. Other ChiSox beat writers have been less certain.

Andy McCullough, the extremely talented (imo) Dodgers beat, posted that Bellinger was not coming up anytime soon... the day before he was recalled. No reason to doubt Hayes and it may very well be July as he expects, but don't assume that these beat writers know anything definitive.

59 minutes ago, Zombies said:

Sucks for Fantasy owners but from a financial perspective it makes complete sense. The White Sox are a rebuilding team and I still expect them to try and trade players at the deadline. 

I'm aware the Dodgers called up Bellinger sooner than expected but the Dodgers are a team competing for a World Series. They need Bellinger and Urias. 

1 hour ago, Sine_cera said:

Sucks for Fantasy owners but from a financial perspective it makes complete sense. The White Sox are a rebuilding team and I still expect them to try and trade players at the deadline. 

I'm aware the Dodgers called up Bellinger sooner than expected but the Dodgers are a team competing for a World Series. They need Bellinger and Urias. 

For sure but they mask it by saying we want to make sure he's ready...

Is everyone still holding in season long leagues???

Edited by chud12

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I am but my league has an NA slot so it doesn't hurt me at all.

4 minutes ago, Helms said:

I am but my league has an NA slot so it doesn't hurt me at all.

Well than why even post lol?? (I joke) Anyway i am looking for some feedback from owners with no NA spot like meh...

9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Will depend on your league entirely. In a deep league or leagues with larger benches, you need to hold. In 10-12 team leagues with short benches? It depends on the alternatives. If you're in a 12 team league and have like 5 or greater bench spots, I view him as a hold. You need to weigh the opportunity cost in EVERY league and there isn't a definite yes or no here.

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Well than why even post lol?? (I joke) Anyway i am looking for some feedback from owners with no NA spot like meh...

If you can afford the roster spot I think he makes for a good stash especially for the 2nd half of the fantasy season and playoffs. Guess it just depends on your roster and how well your team is doing so far.

18 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Naah I let him go. Too much value on the WW.

Unless you're in a league that gives points for striking out, you might do better with someone on waivers who's a starter right now.

I'm holding in the two leagues I have him. One is a no brainer as we do weekly lineups so by bench is basically storage for players that never are rostered; we also keep 15 in this league. My other league we keep five, but a player can only be kept for three years before they have to become draftable again. All but one of my keepers this year have to go back into the draft next year so I need him as a keeper for next year.

29 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Unless you're in a league that gives points for striking out, you might do better with someone on waivers who's a starter right now.

I gotta find me 1 of those leagues.  I'd be crushing in the most Ks cat!

Tonight:

2-4

2 runs

1 bb

1 k

1 sb

Has stolen a base in each of the last 4 games.  

Season totals .357 6 hr 10 sb .957 ops

Tick tock, tick tock....

On 5/9/2017 at 6:09 PM, Zombies said:

They already got an extra year of control withing the first few weeks of the season.  Super 2 -- sometime in June for players but no way to tell until a couple of years down the line -- is about pushing the first year of arbitration back one year.  They are two different things.  This is what comes of reading in the minor league forum.  It is a highly educational area of this forum and I've learned more there than here over the years.  And a pleasant place to visit absent as it is of troll types in the main.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They already got an extra year of control withing the first few weeks of the season.  Super 2 -- sometime in June for players but no way to tell until a couple of years down the line -- is about pushing the first year of arbitration back one year.  They are two different things.  This is what comes of reading in the minor league forum.  It is a highly educational area of this forum and I've learned more there than here over the years.  And a pleasant place to visit absent as it is of troll types in the main.

False. Moncada got 31 days of service time with Boston last year, so the extra year of control is delayed until May 15. Super-Two for Moncada will also be delayed until round roughly mid-July.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/yoan-moncada-deserves-the-kris-bryant-treatment-a-year-early/

Not that it offers any actual clarity into when he will be called up, but here's a really good article from the Sox SBNation blog that breaks down the whole service time, Super 2, etc. situation particularly as it applies to Yoan.  It's a great read for those of you who, like myself, are confused by the situation want want a higher level of understanding.

http://www.southsidesox.com/2017/5/14/15627974/yoan-moncada-service-time-super-two-and-you

FWIW, their opinion is that it's probably going to be post-ASB. :(