SpecialFNK

Yoan Moncada 2017 Outlook

Hate how he has thread in this forum, since he did not play in mlb this year, anytime u see this thread bumped u get excited he been called up but no dice.

Why would it not be 'a thing'?

It's a place to discuss one of the best prospects in baseball that is on the cusp of coming up -likely for good- and being a very nice fantasy asset.

8 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's grown his game a lot since the stint with BOS. The game was clearly too big for him then.

I could really care less if he makes a lot of his outs via the K...he can do so many things to contribute to a fantasy team. He will certainly take some lumps when he arrives, but the ceiling in that park and at that position is monstrous.

So he's grown his game a lot in a few months? I'm just going to ask, not saying he hasn't, but how so? 

15 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Why would it not be 'a thing'?

It's a place to discuss one of the best prospects in baseball that is on the cusp of coming up -likely for good- and being a very nice fantasy asset.

To be fair, there's a separate forum for prospects.

2 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

To be fair, there's a separate forum for prospects.

Yes it's where I primarily operate. But he's seen MLB time so here we are.

15 hours ago, StevieStats said:

So he's grown his game a lot in a few months? I'm just going to ask, not saying he hasn't, but how so? 

I think it's mostly just aging and understanding what is asked of him by coaches, etc. We just assume these players come from other countries and it all clicks, sometimes the culture shock affects them on the field too. But he did get winter ball ab's I believe and then a ton of action in ST this year. That along with a few months in AAA have aided him immensely.

Is it time to stash in redrafts?  I mean he can't be more than a couple of weeks away, right?

20 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Is it time to stash in redrafts?  I mean he can't be more than a couple of weeks away, right?

I picked him up this morning. I'm thinking right after ASB he'll get the call. I don't mind holding a spot for him for one week. 

he might be a sept. callup. his K% still seems way too high. how long before he gets 2B eligibility?

Edited by EmbargoLifted

christ, don't bump this in here...go to the minors thread!

C'mon, there's a minors thread for a reason. You won't find a more relevant place for what you're looking for then the MiLB forum.

Edited by blinkfan77

3 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I picked him up this morning. I'm thinking right after ASB he'll get the call. I don't mind holding a spot for him for one week. 

Jesus please call him up.  I have been holding a spot for him and Marte for 6 weeks.  Still in first but it ain't easy.

I've been holding in a 12 team league with CI and MI since week 3, lol. AND no N/A slot

Im a believer...

Dammit seriously when I see this thread bumped here I get scare that he was called up

I drafted him in 12 teamer no NA spot and have held all year. The rest of my hitting has been insane so it has afforded me that luxury.

14 hours ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Jesus please call him up.  I have been holding a spot for him and Marte for 6 weeks.  Still in first but it ain't easy.

Haha, exact same thing here. Can't wait to have bench options again.

10 hours ago, -samadhi- said:

Curious if anybody in a 14 teamer can chime in on if he is available or drafted and held?!?!

I'm in a 14-teamer. He was drafted final round, dropped. I picked him up May 9th and have been holding since.

I'm not sure if you guys realize but... when you post bitching about someone bumping the thread... you are yourself bumping the thread...

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif