Topgun

Alex Wood 2017 Outlook

It's frustrating but you have to expect that the first start wouldn't go that well being on the pitch count, rust, and all.  The biggest thing will be how he feels today and tomorrow.  Velocity and command were there so as long as he is pain free the next few days, I'm ok with what happened yesterday.

73% ground balls, 15% swinging strikes, 40% o-swing %, 72 contact %, and 92.6 mph fastball. Just as filthy and ace-like as he's been all year. Too bad the bullpen instantly ruined a gem. He was awesome. Welcome back, Alex. Now please stay healthy..

3 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

His fangraph metrics are insane. Literally just unreal and screams out ace. Is that where we're going with this guy??

Brah, we're already there. He's totes amazeballs.

Please stay healthy!

Please stay healthy!

Please stay healthy!

Please stay healthy!

Please stay healthy!

8 minutes ago, herschel said:

Please stay healthy!

Please stay healthy!

Please stay healthy!

Please stay healthy!

Please stay healthy!

Knock on wood!

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

i know im getting greedy but i really could have used a clean line from alex wood tonight.

Sounds like the rest of your team must suck if 8 Innings of 1 run ball isn't good enough for you. 

Just now, Willsea33 said:

Sounds like the rest of your team must suck if 8 Innings of 1 run ball isn't good enough for you. 

yea man its a pretty close race in ERA so like i said, in case you missed the part of me getting greedy (which it looks like you did), i could have used a 7 IP 0 ER outing.

still, a great outing nonetheless.  Just saying

I'm marking him down as an injury-risk SP1 (borderline ace) until shown otherwise. Very few pitchers I'd rather have on a single start basis. 

25 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

Well, there were some SPs who got banged around today, lol. Paxton, Biagini (wow), and Nola just off the top of my head. The combo of Wood/Jansen still only got my ERA today down to 3.60 after Nola's start. 

40 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Please be healthy and pitching during fantasy playoffs... 

wish I could like this twice 

How about the Dodgers getting a certified ace behind Kershaw. Watch out. 

Just traded for him. Watched him pitch last night and he looked great. Lower era than Kershaw with 2/3 of the total innings so far this season

35 minutes ago, cad300 said:

Keeper?? 

I think so...What you'll have to weigh is how injury-prone you think he is...

59 minutes ago, cad300 said:

Keeper?? 

Depends on how many keepers and other factors like price or round. I wouldn't keep any pitchers unless it was keep 6 or more or my hitter weren't great keepers. Even then his injury history is too extensive to overlook. 

2 minutes ago, lassetjus said:

Depends on how many keepers and other factors like price or round. I wouldn't keep any pitchers unless it was keep 6 or more or my hitter weren't great keepers. Even then his injury history is too extensive to overlook. 

Probably better answer than mine because my league is pitching heavy, so the value of pitchers in my league is really high.

The Mets are actually much better than the Rockies for team OPS on the road, which is generally a better way of measuring the Rockies.

On 6/17/2017 at 3:38 AM, Deke said:

How about the Dodgers getting a certified ace behind Kershaw. Watch out. 

2 hours ago, Hound75 said:

I'm sure the Dodgers new #1 will be able to handle it

LAD is going to win it all bc of wood being a big reason. Everyone remember hearing this