DerekQ

Byron Buxton 2017 Outlook

On 4/19/2017 at 10:49 AM, elsegundo said:

He may just be the second coming of Melvin Upton Jr. over the long haul ... just sayin'

I don't even know that Buxton is Melvin Upton SENIOR at this point.

21 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Byron Buxton's 9 HR last year were off of: Jose Quintana, James Shields (2), Kelvin Herrera, Danny Salazar, Justin Verlander, Chris Sale

Just sayin...

NM

Edited by 89Topps

• Every time I open this thread I think maybe he's finally been sent down in mercy . . .

This is the only guy in the majors who reminds me of myself trying to play MLB The Show.  That's all I can think of every time I watch him try to hit.

16 minutes ago, hobbs28 said:

This is the only guy in the majors who reminds me of myself trying to play MLB The Show.  That's all I can think of every time I watch him try to hit.

I think the same thing any time I see Evan Gattis in the OF. That is so me out there.

Byron Buxton strikes out 48.2% of the time

When hitters fall behind in the count 0-2 they strikeout 46.4% of the time

4 hours ago, mpbaseball22 said:

Byron Buxton strikes out 48.2% of the time

When hitters fall behind in the count 0-2 they strikeout 46.4% of the time

When he is down in the count 0-2 he is striking out 71.4% of the time, but he also has his best batting average in this situation at .143

32 minutes ago, gopherman23 said:

Somebody get Buxton a meeting with Tony Robbins!!!!

Tony can't even save this bust.  He's broken.  Going to take a monumental effort to rebuild him. 

R, K, 2BB tonight. Might be an anomaly, let's see if he can build on pitch recognition going forward...

click "like this" if you are watching him go 2-2 so far, but he's on your bench. 

don't really click "like this"

3 minutes ago, lipitorkid said:

click "like this" if you are watching him go 2-2 so far, but he's on your bench. 

Try on my WW.

5 minutes ago, lipitorkid said:

With a walk and sb, plus 2 walks yesterday (but he is on waivers in all my leagues)

Finally starting to pick up the baseball better? 4 for his last 11 with 4 Ks and 3 BBs

Saw one solid hit last night to right field during the Twins big inning. So he has quit pulling everything to the left side.

2 hits total, and RBI, one run scored, one walk, and a stolen base in 3 AB. Fingers crossed that this is the start of something.

Another hit tonight against the Rangers with 2 more walks. No Strikeouts! Seems like he is showing some great improvement the last few games.

Just now, Osu1456 said:

Another hit tonight against the Rangers with 2 more walks. No Strikeouts! Seems like he is showing some great improvement the last few games.

5 walks in his past 12 plate appearances over the last three games. I'm not sure there is a more encouraging sign-- finally adjusting back to how pitchers are attacking him. Should start getting stuff to hit, finally. 

1/3 with another walk and his 3rd stolen base on the year. No strikeouts today and has only 2 in his last 5 games with a ton of walks. Could be moved up in the lineup soon if he keeps this up.

Encouraging signs for the two people in the world who still own him.