DerekQ

Byron Buxton 2017 Outlook

How is there 20 pages of this guy. Not trying to ruffle any feathers but dude needs to hang out with Greg Bird and a few others and go have a retreat or somthing. These dudes are just terrible right now. I know he has big talent but it's obvious he's still figuring that out. 

In last 4 games he has:

1. Lowered his Swinging Strike % to under 5% 

2. Upped his Hard Hit Contact % to 30%

3. Upped his Line Drive % to 55%

4. Stolen 2 Bases

5. Walked 5 times, Struck out Once

Now this is a very small sample size, but he is being more selective, recognising his pitch, and hitting the ball harder over this time. Worth a shot to add to see what else happens. 

The posts in this thread are like the little reports that doctors come out to the waiting room to give people about a patient who is on life support.

Hey, he's still breathing, right?

8 hours ago, cross1420 said:

How is there 20 pages of this guy. Not trying to ruffle any feathers but dude needs to hang out with Greg Bird and a few others and go have a retreat or somthing. These dudes are just terrible right now. I know he has big talent but it's obvious he's still figuring that out. 

His actual results are bad and his peripherals indicate that that's no fluke, so I don't think most people have any delusions that's he's been anything but a bust so far.  But he was a highly rated prospect.  Until the Twins give up on him or he miraculously saves his career, people are going to keep talking about him.

4-13, RBI, 5 R, 2 SB, 7 BB, 2 KO

That was his statline last week.  Not much power there but that's not bad for of3 status in my al only league.  So it tells me he's calming down.  The optimist in me says expect a couple of doubles this week, maybe even a dinger.   The deranged optimist in me says once he hits that dinger the llood gates will open.  If i was in a mixed keeper league, there's almost no way I would start him, but equally, i would hang onto him.  This guy has a pulse and it seems to be getting stronger.  

Extremely small sample size but over the last week .308/.858/4/0/1/2.  But the part for me is 7walks against just 2k covering 20AB. Maybe it is the start (doubtful) of him actually turning the corner. Did a spec add in a fairly deep keep 6 just in case. Easy drop if it isn't.

On 5/1/2017 at 6:30 PM, WhiteSoxFan4Life said:

4-13, RBI, 5 R, 2 SB, 7 BB, 2 KO

That was his statline last week.  Not much power there but that's not bad for of3 status in my al only league.  So it tells me he's calming down.  The optimist in me says expect a couple of doubles this week, maybe even a dinger.   The deranged optimist in me says once he hits that dinger the llood gates will open.  If i was in a mixed keeper league, there's almost no way I would start him, but equally, i would hang onto him.  This guy has a pulse and it seems to be getting stronger.  

Welp, he got that dinger tonight!

Don't look now but buxton might be figuring it out. Completely whiffed on a 2-1 curveball with the hit and run called, Rosario got thrown out. Then next pitch made destroyed a breaking ball away into the upper deck...

He's probably about to explode. He seems to be an extremely streaky hitter. One thing I've observed in his short career. 

1st HR tonight. Hitting .364 over last 11 AB. Time to give him another chance if he was dropped.

About to go on fantasy earth shattering tear, get him off those FA's before he becomes hotter than the sun.

Worth noting that Buxton's was one of six Twin HRs on the night, and one of three off of Cesar Valdez in the inning.

Also worth noting: It was absolutely crushed:

buxtonHr441.PNG

12 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Worth noting that Buxton's was one of six Twin HRs on the night, and one of three off of Cesar Valdez in the inning.

Also worth noting: It was absolutely crushed:

buxtonHr441.PNG

Apparently when he hits homers he destroys them. He hasn't had many in his MLB career but the HR last night was only his 3rd longest of his career.

Could be fools gold.  I need to see some consistency before hopping on this train.  At least his job is secure unlike Broxton.

This guy is like a flaming hot ex who is amazing in the sack  but completely bat sh*t crazy ...any glimmer of hope and you are back believing it's going to be good again. God damnit, I added him last night.

Edited by Mickey Donovan

We also need to take into account who he hit the HR against. A pretty damn horrible RP. Gonna wait for now

If Aaron judge can lower his k-rate from 44% to mid 20's%, then bruxton has hope

1 hour ago, Mickey Donovan said:

This guy is like a flaming hot ex who is amazing in the sack  but completely bat sh*t crazy ...any glimmer of hope and you are back believing it's going to be good again. God damnit, I added him last night.

Well might as well have a reunion for some hot fun the next two weeks...

45 minutes ago, DConny1 said:

He's worth owning right now for the speed alone. As long as he keeps getting on base.

He only has 3 SBs...

Yup! That saying . You can't steal first base.

i had my turns with this clown. He fooled me twice . Not happening a third time