DerekQ

Byron Buxton 2017 Outlook

7 hours ago, zingzing said:

This was an insane pinch hit scenario, the angels were walking ANYONE that was up to bat to set up a possible DP because it was 2nd/third 1 out, yet they still pinch hit him and the pinch hitter gets intentionally walked, like what kind of idiotic management is that? I have zero stock in buxton or anything to even do with the game, it was the only basebalI on, just thought that was just such a lack of awareness by the manager to do something like that to pull a guy when defense is his calling right now anyway, plus taking away his speed on the bases to thwart a possible DP on top of it, smh twins management will never ever figure it out.

How did it work out though? That is right with such an idiotic decision and the Twins won. 

2 hours ago, Low and Away said:

How did it work out though? That is right with such an idiotic decision and the Twins won. 

Honestly they probably were like damn Byron forgot how first base feels.  Let him get walked so he can soak in the game from actually being on base... Cause he hasn't gotten on base a whole lot this season.

3 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Well, you can't give the Twins all the blame for Buxton sucking at 23 y/o and then in the same breath not give them any credit for Sano at 24.

If anything, Sano is evidence that Buxton just kinda sucks, is maybe headed for a quadruple A type career, and his talent level may have always been way overrated.

Well they did try everything to not play Sano at 3B, where he easily looks the most natural of all positions. 

They had him in RF so that Plouffe could play 3B last year. And predictably, Sano struggled at the dish. I mean, if you look at Sano and think he's a RF over a 3B, there is something wrong with you. He has good instincts, reaction time and arm. He does not have speed or agility in the outfield. You can watch him play each position for 2 innings and see this. 

49 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Honestly they probably were like damn Byron forgot how first base feels.  Let him get walked so he can soak in the game from actually being on base... Cause he hasn't gotten on base a whole lot this season.

.351OBP since April 25th.

Even when he has that one decent game with a hit and 2 RBIs he could not do what he is pretty much rostered for...

37 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Even when he has that one decent game with a hit and 2 RBIs he could not do what he is pretty much rostered for...

Look, I'm not saying he's come anywhere near what people expected/wanted, but what are you on about? Dude has had a great OBP in recent weeks, 5SB in last 14 days batting in the bottom of the lineup. If you have him in a redraft then drop him. Dynasty/keeper it's worth monitoring. He's made some real changes to his approach.

44 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

I am on about a stolen base, obviously 

So you've rostered him for SB only and he has 3 in 7 days while hitting .286 with 4RBI and you're mad? I don't get it.

Here are the guys who have stolen the same or more bases than Buxton in the last 7 days:

Peraza: 4SB, 1RBI, hitting .300
Andrus: 3SB, 7RBI, hitting .481
Gordon: 3SB, 2RBI, hitting .304
Brantley: 3SB, 4RBI, hitting .414  
Maybin: 3SB, 0RBI, hitting .273    
Buxton: 3SB, 4RBI, hitting .286

Looks pretty good to me? What are you complaining about? Buxton is owned in 26% of Y! leagues, has 6SB in the last 30 days (top 8 in MLB over that span, top 5 for OF only)... 

I think what he's going on about is that buxton has near Billy Hamilton type speed and he should be stealing 5 bags a week not 6 a month. Spare me his empty obp. 

3 minutes ago, zingzing said:

I think what he's going on about is that buxton has near Billy Hamilton type speed and he should be stealing 5 bags a week not 6 a month. Spare me his empty obp. 

23% ownership in Yahoo. 

Looks like he has simplified things at the plate again. Dropped the leg kick. This could pay off for him.

Home Run #2

Home Run #3

It doesnt matter what he is doing, last year his K % was 39% and this year so far he is hovering in same range of 37-39% K. He just cant hit.

12 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

It doesnt matter what he is doing, last year his K % was 39% and this year so far he is hovering in same range of 37-39% K. He just cant hit.

As much as I like Buxton, this unfortunately does appear to be the case.

1 hour ago, Light Tower Power said:

It's happening..

Doubt it. I haven't dropped yet though lol

This guy could blow up any minute. The slight change in approach appears to be helping him better utilize his skills. Dropping the leg kick is probably the best thing he could have done.

12 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

That 0 for 4 today sure convinced me

Its a process. He's definitely not as bad as he was earlier this season. The guy is just a young player still trying to work out the kinks.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, Zig Zag said:

As much as I like Buxton, this unfortunately does appear to be the case.

Agreed

8 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

Its a process. He's definitely not as bad as he was earlier this season. The guy is just a young player still trying to work out the kinks.

He can work out his kinks on the waiver wire. He had an amazing September and a lot of people believed in him. He failed. Again. I wish I could be as optimistic as you about him

Buxton has been quietly heating up the last few weeks. Swinging strike rate/ contact skills are improving and he is hitting the ball with more authority. Infield flyballs have dissappeared also. He is at the top of my watch list. A few more games of production and he will be on my team.

I am watching him too.... problem is he is still unable to hit at mlb level. He is worthy currently for maybe only his speed.

Edited by DJSatane

52 minutes ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Buxton has been quietly heating up the last few weeks. Swinging strike rate/ contact skills are improving and he is hitting the ball with more authority. Infield flyballs have dissappeared also. He is at the top of my watch list. A few more games of production and he will be on my team.

Mine too. 1 more HR im taking the plunge again.