DerekQ

Byron Buxton 2017 Outlook

I made the investment tonight, particularly for this week with the number of games (8) and the locations (at CHW, at TOR). He's been on fire and now is hitting high in the lineup. 

I still believe.

2 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

he has to play both tomorrow right?

they don't really have anyone else to patrol center

they will probably call up granite as 26th man

Just now, STLSU said:

thought they were talking about Vargas being that guy or is it just Sanos roster replacement

1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

thought they were talking about Vargas being that guy or is it just Sanos roster replacement

not sure. Kepler can play center though.

1 minute ago, STLSU said:

not sure. Kepler can play center though.

just curious who safe bets are to play two tomorrow from either I'm in ten teamer and have like 4 hitters scheduled to go tomorrow

Buxton

Kepler

Rosario

Polanco

Escobar

Delmonico

I am racking my brain who to grab

rosario probably is the only safe bet.  I like Delmonico though if one of the 2 starters are not LHP.

1 hour ago, STLSU said:

Watching the broadcast yesterday I got the feeling a RP was more likely the callup as the 26th man.  Molitor was protecting his bullpen and left Colon in even after ARI started crushing him. You also figure neither Perkins or Pressly would be available today. Pressly with 2 innings and Perkins with 1 inning. 

If Sano is D/L'd then Vargas is the callup

4 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

just curious who safe bets are to play two tomorrow from either I'm in ten teamer and have like 4 hitters scheduled to go tomorrow

Buxton

Kepler

Rosario

Polanco

Escobar

Delmonico

I am racking my brain who to grab

The Twins are pitching two righties so I think Delmonico (LHB) and Leury (switch) are the ones with the best chance of going both from the Sox.

The Sox are pitching one of each. But from the Twins I think I'd go with Buxton, Rosario, and Kepler, in that order. I put Buxton first because like you said, almost no one else plays CF. Kepler has 13 appearances there and Rosario has 10, compared to Buxton's 101.

I went Buxton and Delmonico...

Twins are in a race....would they really sit one of their best hitters and their CF to compromise a game they need to win

Delmonico because I think theres strong chance him and Abreu flip flop in the two games between 1b/DH

Rosario in particular seems like a player on a mission.  Strong strong character here.  Then we have Buck who's finally getting some well deserved karma after so much struggle and injury.  Also Delmonico seems like he will impact all phases of the game despite being an older rookie.  Have a good feeling on those 3.  

Not a fan of Kepler and he has not the best attitude for success imo.

14 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

The Twins are pitching two righties so I think Delmonico (LHB) and Leury (switch) are the ones with the best chance of going both from the Sox.

The Sox are pitching one of each. But from the Twins I think I'd go with Buxton, Rosario, and Kepler, in that order. I put Buxton first because like you said, almost no one else plays CF. Kepler has 13 appearances there and Rosario has 10, compared to Buxton's 101.

Yeah. Kepler was the odd man out. The rest made it into the lineup for both. Polanco/Escobar too.

Now for the PHI@MIA guessing game.

Edited by Fiveohnine

11 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Yeah. Kepler was the odd man out. The rest made it into the lineup for both. Polanco/Escobar too.

Now for the PHI@MIA guessing game.

I am a Phillies fan I can tell you one name that will be in

RHYS HOSKINS

dude is the truth

Rhys' %owned isn't all that high. But he should really be owned regardless of schedule, double/single header etc.

Edited by Fiveohnine

Just now, Fiveohnine said:

Rhys' %owned isn't all that high. But he should really be owned regardless of schedule, double/single header etc.

ya I just meant if you were looking to speculate double header guys

most of the Fish guys are taken

would most likely be a Philly guy

Obviously we've gone far astray from the Buxton thread at this point (but so what? they've already bumped football to the top). The guys I'd nominate are Nick Williams, Derek Dietrich, and Cesar Hernandez, pretty much in that order. If someone dropped Maikel Franco grab him.

Freddy Galvis is PHI's only SS. But he's strictly a glove guy too.

He is really doing damage at the plate and it's nice to see him turn a corner after his struggles. He's been stealing bases , hitting for average and hitting for some power while cutting down on the Ks too. Lets see if pitchers adjust and how he adjusts but he's been hot for awhile now. 

To be honest, there's simply nothing that can be gleaned from this last leg of the season from Buxton unless he really starts to show some plate discipline.

He tore it up last year too in the last few months or so.  The true test will be next season.  But I've still got a skeptical eye on his bat. He's struck out 7 times in the last 4 games.  That's bad.  But let's ride him while he's hot!

Last year it was a Sept glimpse of potential. If he can finish the year at the pace he's at now, he'll be one of the most discussed players in the offseason and volatile as far as projections go.

his approach really has improved.  I watched Monday's game and you'll see on the HR looking at him from 3B side of home plate, he has zero leg stride and zero leg kick.  He is staying back as a result and not out in front of every breaking pitch.