DerekQ

Byron Buxton 2017 Outlook

14 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

The old Buxton is back. The hot streak was fun while it lasted, fellas. 

Yeah we'll see

Buxton did it again . At least to some of you . He has done this a few times before including last Sept. He goes on a nice run to lure you back. Including me twice before but not this time . Sure the stats were nice for three weeks or so but now we are back to the same player he was for 4 1/2 months before . 

Hes 5/28 over his last 7 games and a bunch of k's .

Good luck to those  of you that took the bait . 

3 hours ago, motown magic said:

Buxton did it again . At least to some of you . He has done this a few times before including last Sept. He goes on a nice run to lure you back. Including me twice before but not this time . Sure the stats were nice for three weeks or so but now we are back to the same player he was for 4 1/2 months before . 

Dropped for Mitch Haniger. I will not miss you Byron.

Buxton 2/4 with a walk. Also a walk off HR in the bottom of the 10.  Whether it is real or not right now is not the time to be dropping in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Light Tower Power said:

Welcome to the #15 hr/ 25sb club. Joining only Whit Merrifield (lol) and Jose Altuve in all of MLB baseball.

so far

cain, mookie, elvis, are just one sb short

still not a large club this year

I picked him up mid year want to say back in June?  He has played 72 games for me Anyhow, his numbers for me are:   .292 13 34 15 47 So you figure thats a little under 1/2 a season.  

I truly cannot wait to see how he's ranked for next season. Such an enigma in so many ways but his second half has been fantastic.

17 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

I truly cannot wait to see how he's ranked for next season. Such an enigma in so many ways but his second half has been fantastic.

agree

i think i hype him top 100 this year? dont remember but i didnt draft him in any league add him in another have no idea how to rank him just going to throw out that safe top 100 pick again  ha

On 9/14/2017 at 12:59 PM, motown magic said:

Lol 28 ab is not a slump sample

If he finishes out the season playing like the new Buxton, he will go top 40-50 in drafts next year pretty easily, I would guess. 

27 minutes ago, CFN said:

If he finishes out the season playing like the new Buxton, he will go top 40-50 in drafts next year pretty easily, I would guess. 

Think round 13+ next year in 12 team leagues. He has done this before on September, no track record of success, and just look at the attitude of some posters whether justified or not the perception of failure is still there.

A lot will depend on spring training.  If he looks horribly lost again maybe people are wary. If he is killing the ball all spring, it will be considered an extension of this hot second half

He's heating back up, but I'm not as optimistic as I was before because his K's have crept back up.  

His K-rate in his last 8 games is 37.5%.  Had it been somewhere in the 25% range, I would've chocked up his recent slump to just the ebbs and flows of a long season and still bullish about his prospects for 2018.   

Old Buxton seems to still be very much in play....

Edited by markygunit

7 hours ago, CFN said:

Looks like it's in the ballpark. Collette was saying that he would take him top 60 next year. Doesn't expect to get him though.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the-sleeper-and-the-bust-episode-495-abolish-pitchers-hitting/

Any time you have a high pedigree guy flashing serious pop + speed like Buxton has been doing since his adjustment in his swing, they fly up the draft board. Especially once all the off-season rotoworld and fangraphs articles detail how legit the changes he's made have been. 

No doubt he goes in the early-mid rounds next year. Looks like he's legitimately turned the corner. 

17 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Think round 13+ next year in 12 team leagues. He has done this before on September, no track record of success, and just look at the attitude of some posters whether justified or not the perception of failure is still there.

So you have him as a top 150 player?

Guessing you won't be landing Buxton anywhere. 

3 hours ago, cad300 said:

So you have him as a top 150 player?

Guessing you won't be landing Buxton anywhere. 

Also, I feel after this year pitchers will be moving up the ADP lists pushing hitters back. SP has become scarce, at least serviceable ones. 

As for landing him already have Buxton 4/5 of my keeper leagues. Redraft next year you are right I wouldn't draft him in the first 6 rounds (pick 72 or earlier)