DerekQ

Gary Sanchez 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mysonx3 said:

Not true at all. Catchers get injured more than anyone else. Granted, THIS injury had nothing to do with position

Would have thought the pitching position has more with more severity also. Just on pure number of pitchers over the numbers playing any other position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Low and Away said:

Would have thought the pitching position has more with more severity also. Just on pure number of pitchers over the numbers playing any other position. 

I think it's probably relative to the number of players, right? 30 "Every day" catchers vs 5 starting pitchers per team, another what? 4 BP arms?, 30 teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

I think it's probably relative to the number of players, right? 30 "Every day" catchers vs 5 starting pitchers per team, another what? 4 BP arms?, 30 teams.

Isn't that what number of pitchers over any other playing any other position would mean? But thanks for clarifying for those who might not understand.

 

But then by your post only "everyday" catchers count so backup catchers aren't included and only 1 SP should count (the other 4 don't play that day) or RP who don't pitch that day wouldn't either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is encouraging, but hopefully MRI turns up nothing more serious than initially reported..

 

DbKayhhm_bigger.jpgBryan HochVerified account @BryanHoch
 Follow
Gary Sanchez will see the Yankees' doctor today, expected to get an MRI. He says he can raise his right arm again, so that's something.
Edited by Yceman1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

This is encouraging, but hopefully MRI turns up nothing more serious than initially reported..

 

DbKayhhm_bigger.jpgBryan HochVerified account @BryanHoch
 Follow
Gary Sanchez will see the Yankees' doctor today, expected to get an MRI. He says he can raise his right arm again, so that's something.

If it's just a strain, that's great news and we can expect him back in around 2-3 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Would have thought the pitching position has more with more severity also. Just on pure number of pitchers over the numbers playing any other position. 

You're probably right, I was only considering position players. Should've made that clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Low and Away said:

Isn't that what number of pitchers over any other playing any other position would mean? But thanks for clarifying for those who might not understand.

 

But then by your post only "everyday" catchers count so backup catchers aren't included and only 1 SP should count (the other 4 don't play that day) or RP who don't pitch that day wouldn't either

Yeah that's why I was saying like just 30 catchers. It's a tough concept to say one position is more injury prone than others. I'm of the opinion that it goes pitchers, catchers, outfielders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking along those lines as it seems pitchers, even with more of them, just plain have a higher percentage getting injured. Sanchez's injury doesn't seem to be related to him being a catcher either.

 

But if he is out 2-3 weeks have a couple of teams that hurts potentially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well. I guess I'm not going to get enough info this morning to know whether I need to drop this dude before 1 PM first pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Oh well. I guess I'm not going to get enough info this morning to know whether I need to drop this dude before 1 PM first pitch.

 

Drop? In 8 team, 1 catcher leagues (let alone other formats), no one should be contemplating dropping him.

Edited by IlliniGuy76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MRI results still forthcoming later today but the comments from Girardi and Sanchez himself seem pretty positive.  Hopefully, this turns out to be just a minimum DL stay...

 

"I can raise my arm and move it around," Sanchez said through an interpreter. "It's definitely more flexible now. As you know, I'm on the DL so I've got to wait the 10 days. I've got to take it easy with the days and see how it goes."

 

"It kind of scared me when he held his arm," Girardi said. "They asked him to raise it and try to make a muscle, and he couldn't do it. And then [Sunday] when he was able to raise his arm and do that, that made me more optimistic. I'm looking forward to Dr. Ahmad's diagnosis and what they think the time frame is."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What injury?" - Mets Medical Staff

 

Seriously, though, this was probably the best case scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Girardi also clarified saying they expect Sanchez back in the big leagues in 4 weeks, not simply restarting baseball activities then. 

Edited by absknicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Oh well. I guess I'm not going to get enough info this morning to know whether I need to drop this dude before 1 PM first pitch.

 

This is a dude you likely drafted before the tenth round.  Probably the seventh or eighth.  A guy that's top two or three at his position.  Unless it came out he was definitely out for the season, you don't drop.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rehab assignment starts Tuesday. Probably can expect him back by next weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a few random blurbs he might be starting a rehab assignment this week and if all goes well be up for next weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

From a few random blurbs he might be starting a rehab assignment this week and if all goes well be up for next weekend. 

 

The Yankee broadcast said last week Gary would be going on a rehab assignment this week and be up this weekend, I am confused..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

The Yankee broadcast said last week Gary would be going on a rehab assignment this week and be up this weekend, I am confused..

 

That's correct He's on assignment starting tonight.

 

 

 

http://nypost.com/2017/04/29/gary-sanchez-takes-last-test-before-rehab-assignment-begins/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry my whole life I have always referred to the next weekend as the one coming ip and most refer to it as this weekend. The rehab starts tonight and hopefully it all goes well.

 

Sorry about the confusion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.