DerekQ

Gary Sanchez 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Why oh why does he have a day off when the DH spot is available?  And against Hellickson. Smh. 

While I am always against giving a player who is hot a day off and it's one of the things that pisses me off the most, he hasn't had a day off since his suspension.  Unfortunately, while I don't like it either, I understand it even though it's unfortunate timing.

@The Big Bat Theory springer is one person thats why i listed 36 possible players that could justifiably go ahead of gary .. would you take gary over correa? what about 25/25 mookie, 50 bomb stanton, 300+/60sb/100 run dee with how much lack of sb? 

this is no way i take gary over trout, arenado, blackmon, kershaw, goldy, altuve, max, bum, sale, kluber, bryant, rizzo, votto,  trea, harper, jdm, carlos, mookie, machado, freeman, stanton, bellinger, dee, abreu, and probably thor, seager donaldson 

i do agree that i would not draft springer over gary  and i also agree with the advantages gary provides in roto but dont see that advantage as much in h2h

could have a change of heart if he goes off and helps me win my leagues

10 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

@The Big Bat Theory springer is one person thats why i listed 36 possible players that could justifiably go ahead of gary .. would you take gary over correa? what about 25/25 mookie, 50 bomb stanton, 300+/60sb/100 run dee with how much lack of sb? 

this is no way i take gary over trout, arenado, blackmon, kershaw, goldy, altuve, max, bum, sale, kluber, bryant, rizzo, votto,  trea, harper, jdm, carlos, mookie, machado, freeman, stanton, bellinger, dee, abreu, and probably thor, seager donaldson 

i do agree that i would not draft springer over gary  and i also agree with the advantages gary provides in roto but dont see that advantage as much in h2h

Actually h2h is a weekly version of roto and Gary is thus far far more valuable in h2h than roto has been my experience.  He has been the difference in me winning my weekly matchups this year.  I play all or nothing h2h where if you finish 5-4-1 then you get one point and the other guy gets nothing.  It is crucial you have a top catcher in those leagues because every hitting slot has to produce for you in those leagues.

And yeah position scarcity make me take Sanchez in a redraft above a lot of the guys you mentioned.  Because I can get pretty good "lite" versions of those players later on.  Not so Sanchez. 

I can do fine teamwise with a Merrifield several rounds later over a Mookie.  Donaldson will fall to 3rd or even 4th round next year.  Same with Abreau because there are so many better 1B options.  Hoskins will probably go ahead of him.  Dee is a one trick pony getting too old to be taken anywhere that early anymore.  How he can even be listed with these guys is beyond me when you didn't even mention Altuve who is someone I would probably take ahead of Sanchez as 1st round then Sanchez in 2nd round. 

My personal taste -- as opposed to their talent level -- is to leave Harper and Stanton to other owners since I truly believe one if not both will spend significant time on the DL almost ever year of their careers.  I have total risk aversion with these two.

Well make that the risk aversion three since Thor is always injured and I wouldn't even consider drafting him at all.  Period.  You couldn't give me that guy.  He is VERY damaged goods now and I believe his arm isn't ever going to be good -- at least not for long -- ever again thanks in part to the Amazin' Mets Medical Staff of Ill-Repute.  And besides I usually didn't grab any pitching until the 4th round at the very earliest if then when I was playing in redraft leagues some years back.  I'm fine with Chase Anderson and Zach Godley and Luis Castilla.  I find pitching extremely deep in redrafts as opposed to dynasties.

Anyway you re-drafters will do what you do.  I'm just saying Gary can win your league for you just as much as any top 10 hitter in the league if not more so because of his position.

i disagee on donaldson lasting that long but i think he has some left in the tank and am chalking this up to calf and just a down year  

dee is about as safe as they come 300 avg 60sb 90 runs puts him right around late 2nd early 3rd and if he happens to hit 315-333 then he has that 1st rd upside like he did in 2015 (unlikely but possible)

dee is only 29 and his sb caught % is right in line with his last 3 years so i wouldnt put to much into avoiding dee if age is your main concern and his durability has been there the past 4 seasons (knock on wood)

still not sure on thor and how that will work out but his upside is very appealing to me 

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

im taking sanchez over carlos, jdm, dee, abreu, thor, seager, donaldson....will stanton be healthy again next year? maybe mookie in OPS

damn @The Big Bat Theory - just read your response, we are on the EXACT same page here

Edited by jfazz23

"G. Love and the Special Sanchez is lapping the competition for best catcher.  On our Player Rater, he’s pushing $30 of value, and the next closest isn’t even at $20.  Also, his value per game is $23; there’s only two other guys above $10.  Also, he’s in the top 20 overall for fantasy value with every position included."