DerekQ

Gary Sanchez 2017 Outlook

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

yankees fan too....hes hitting 2nd.  he wont get 120 rbi.  i dont find 35+ homers ridiculous though...avg might be more like 270 as well

I just don't see him hitting 2nd all season, he will be in the 3rd spot after 4-6 weeks.. I also think Bird is going to struggle somewhat and get moved down in the order.. 

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I just don't see him hitting 2nd all season, he will be in the 3rd spot after 4-6 weeks.. I also think Bird is going to struggle somewhat and get moved down in the order.. 

you may not see it but girardi does.

he likes lefty,righty,lefty,righty

Just now, jfazz23 said:

you may not see it but girardi does.

he likes lefty,righty,lefty,righty

O I am well aware but I think Gary is going to force his hand between his hot hitting and the Yankees struggling to score runs in prime rbi spots.. 

Big fan here, but honestly I don't see this lineup struggling to score runs this year

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Big fan here, but honestly I don't see this lineup struggling to score runs this year

neither do i.  i actually think holliday was a great addition.  wouldnt be surprised if he hit 30 dingers as well.  by the end of the year, yanks may have four 30+ homer guys, im really excited 

1 hour ago, Phina11y said:

Another bomb today. Kid is a monster. My prediction: .290AVG, 38HR, 120RBI, .850+OPS. Got him in both my big money leagues in the 4th. What a steal.

Lol. That's the MVP of the league

I think you mean 260/90/30/80

Edited by evillaw4eva

36 minutes ago, chud12 said:

O I am well aware but I think Gary is going to force his hand between his hot hitting and the Yankees struggling to score runs in prime rbi spots.. 

Second is a prime RBI spot. The team's best On base guys, Gardner and Ellsbury, are still going to be directly in front of him in the lineup, right? 

I said in key situations they will struggle to score, they will have there fair share of blow up games but I just think the combo of Sanchez hitting well and Byrd struggling will force Joe's hand..I could easily be wrong obviously.. 

No - pretty sure Ells is hitting in the lower half

1 minute ago, ryno1980 said:

Second is a prime RBI spot. The team's best On base guys, Gardner and Ellsbury, are still going to be directly in front of him in the lineup, right? 

Fair point, well I should have just left my point at Byrd struggling more than anything will force the switch. I do hope I am wrong though..

2 hours ago, Phina11y said:

Something clicked when he got up to the big leagues last year, whether it was an adjustment or being around certain vets. From what I've seen in the spring and his time in the MLB last year, Gary is gonna be among the top power hitters in baseball this year trust me. Don't forget nobody in MLB history was hitting home runs at the pace he did last year. Other worldly power here.

Sometimes what clicks is reaching the majors.  There have been many players in the past that the switch doesn't really turn on totally until the bright lights turn on as well.  No longer rehearsal time.  It is the real deal. 

It is just psychologically some players need that to take their game to the next level while conversely some players wilt under the bright lights.  This guy seems to thrive with the spotlight and pressure on him.  A good sign for him given the expectations of fans of a major franchise like the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Where should he go in a 5x5 redraft? Pick 60-70 range? He should go before posey, right? 

I picked him 49 in 2 redrafts

1. I am not a Yankee fan

2. I NEVER draft catchers prior to rounds 15 or so, even in 2 C leagues

3. This dude is gonna hit 40 HR. I swear watching him is such a treat

4. In my 2 C league I am taking him late round 3, no doubt about it!

23 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Where should he go in a 5x5 redraft? Pick 60-70 range? He should go before posey, right? 

I got him not long after Posey and Lucroy at 63rd.

2/2 with a double and a run today batting second. AVG is up to .373 for the spring. Looks like they have Torreyes batting last with Gregorious on the DL.

1 minute ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Is he going to see any time at DH on his catching off days?

Between Holliday, Carter, Bird and the fact that C need real rest more often I'd be surprised if it's much. Won't say it's impossible though

2 minutes ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

he is bad

what are the chances he gets sent back down to the minors?

right now: 50/50

one more 0-5: 100%

I had forgotten how awful this board can be on Opening Day lol

Just now, TribeFoo said:

I had forgotten how awful this board can be on Opening Day lol

I think the comments above are joking.. (I hope so)..

I'm at least half-convinced it's only certain posters...

2 for his last 34. 

Not a hater... well ... I hate that I don't own him. But he's a catcher with all of 230 MLB PA. Let's see what he looks like coming out of a slump before taking his 55 ADP at face value. Like him as a solid contributor this year, but would bet against him meeting any of his projections. Watching him struggle today and remembering his Sept/Oct splits, Zips (.255/66/27/82/5) looks more a ceiling than a likely outcome.

Might be the dumbest comment I'll ever post, but I'll stand by my mis-statements for now (and look around for an edible hat jic)