DerekQ

Gary Sanchez 2017 Outlook

Just smoked one right at the SS. Not worried about this beast at all. You guys don't deserve El Gary. 

12 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

Just smoked one right at the SS. Not worried about this beast at all. You guys don't deserve El Gary. 

And he smoked one in the opener right back off Archers leg...that was headed for a knock to CF

2 hours ago, parrothead said:

And he smoked one in the opener right back off Archers leg...that was headed for a knock to CF

He's definitely hitting the ball well, but that would not have been a hit. The Rays were in a shift. The SS was right behind 2nd base. Sorry I'm being anal about it :D

2 hours ago, parrothead said:

Whether it would've been a hit or not, it was 115 mph off the bat. Highest exit velocity so far if I'm not mistaken. The Kraken will awaken soon enough. 

8 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

He's definitely hitting the ball well, but that would not have been a hit. The Rays were in a shift. The SS was right behind 2nd base. Sorry I'm being anal about it :D

Didnt see shift...bad break regardless, could of hit Archer and gone anywhere, could of taken wierd hop off the mound.  Hit is leg and just stayed right there. 

4 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Didnt see shift...bad break regardless, could of hit Archer and gone anywhere, could of taken wierd hop off the mound.  Hit is leg and just stayed right there. 

Yeah it was definitely a weird play. But they say when you time your swing perfectly it goes straight back up the middle. So he's on point, just needs a little luck to go his way now. 

When will the hard shots start to find a hole? Frustrating. 

Edited by chud12

Well he's been hitting the ball hard, good to see the hr come. 

28 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING

DOOOOONT STOP.....BELLLIEEEVING

seriously, its 1 of many

Just left the game mid-at-bat after an awkward swing. Looked like it could be a wrist injury.

Looked like wrist to me, but could be wrong.

Obvious concern would be a hamate fracture.

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

Just left the game due to injury.

Appeared to injure his arm/shoulder on a swing.

Telecast was talking about his elbow.

Wonder if it was like Broxton back in ST hurting his wrist on a check swing

Just came out of the game and did not look good.  Looked like his wrist for sure and even tried a practice swing thereafter and looked to be in real pain.  I am a die hard Yankee fan and if I had to speculate, could be a torn wrist sheath.  If it is, could be at least a 3 month recovery time.   God.....I hope it's not that bad.  Fingers crossed Yankee fans!!

Edited by panthers528

Looked pretty significant to me. I'm going to guess a biceps injury of some sort. Hopefully just a strain and not a tear of the tendon.

It was def wrist, watching it live....my guess is hamate bone break hopefully, if ligament that will likely be the season....he took a practice swing and was in pain slumped over came right out of the game