2ndCitySox

David Dahl 2017 Outlook

On 3/19/2017 at 0:33 PM, bdy1 said:

#250? #300?

That's crazy. At that price, you're implicitly saying Dahl has the upside of a baseball-playing piece of toast. 

12 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Well this thread sure has gotten dark regarding Dahl. 

I think there's zero chance of anyone drafting him in the 250-300 range. That's like Melky Cabrera territory 

You know he had a Spleen injury right?  and now the stress reaction in the 6th rib.  I heard he had the flu once too.  Sometimes your back hurts when you have the flu.  That's 3 back issues...

lol. I sure do hope my fellow league-mates make these kinds of connections and give me a cheap Dahl.

On 3/11/2017 at 8:12 PM, kidtwentytwo said:

He's also had his spleen taken out.  22-23 year old with core problems who plays a little wreckless ... don't think it's too early to start throwing that word there 

Cmon dude.  lol

21 minutes ago, ragrag said:

You know he had a Spleen injury right?  and now the stress reaction in the 6th rib.  I heard he had the flu once too.  Sometimes your back hurts when you have the flu.  That's 3 back issues...

lol. I sure do hope my fellow league-mates make these kinds of connections and give me a cheap Dahl.

yeah,  and.......................  lol  I will take him

27 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Maybe if you pray hard and meditate you can will him to health again 

I've tried waxing-on, now on to the next step.

Was told today he still can't swing the bat yet, make way for Parra

4 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Was told today he still can't swing the bat yet, make way for Parra

Like you were told personally? -_-

Just now, 2ndCitySox said:

Like you were told personally? -_-

Its on roto's main mlb page.

7 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Yeah I was just being as as*

7 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Yeah I was just being as as*

No problem

1 hour ago, Rainyy said:

That's crazy. At that price, you're implicitly saying Dahl has the upside of a baseball-playing piece of toast. 

Nah, I think his upside this year is frighteningly high if he gets well and puts it all together. That's upside. Floor is like AJ Reed if he doesn't get the rib ironed out.

I hung onto Jrue Holiday at a bargain price for his whole stress fracture/stress reaction spiral. Two seasons of all the kings horses can't figure out when it's okay to push that bone again and maybe never. No news was bad news and good news was often worse than bad.

Yeah this is baseball, apples oranges. But nothing I've read indicates MLB doctors have an advantage in expertise over the NBA guys when it comes to saying "yeah, it's safe to play . . ."

Holiday had to completely reinvent his diet and fitness regime to get out of the woods. Will Dahl? From what I read, rowers avoid recurrance by making corrections to form. Will he have to change his swing? (I think it's a swing-not-throw thing because pitchers get it in the first rib and Dahl got it in the sixth, but will he have to change his throwing motion?) There's no way to answer these questions other than to muck through and hope for the best, because ball players never get hurt like this.

When dudes take him at 140 in redraft I won't think "idiot." I'll think "gamble." And I think he'll go somewhere outside the top 115.

But I'm loathe to risk anything when I don't have a clue as to probability. So reasonably, I take him where I start taking guys I'm happy to drop. Thats more like 220-250 in a 14 teamer, so a little earlier than I said before. Which means I will never see him in redraft, never would have, and wow, just spent a 1/2 hour needlessly refining that opinion. Oh the pleasure of fantasy in the Information Age!

20 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

well, then It's gold.  Expect him to miss 30 games

20 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Where did you guys draft Dahl at? I took him at 128. 

Got him at 237 yesterday.  I think everyone just flat out forgot about him and he fell.

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Random Dude said:

I am beginning to think I took this guy way too early... 12th round. Is he even going to see the field in April?

I would just expect May. Anything earlier is gravy. 12th is fine if h2h, maybe early if roto.