2ndCitySox

David Dahl 2017 Outlook

18 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

That said, even if he was to hit .280 18/18, Top 75 would be contingent on his Run/RBI totals and would likely be out of reach. Despite playing in the best lineup in baseball, batting 7th isn't the best spot. In addition to losing ABs, he will have a catcher and pitcher hitting behind him. 

worth mentioning that the specific OF slot won't just be Dahl's stats? It will be whoever you replace him with + Dahl's stats. 

obvious, but just something to consider.

1 minute ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

worth mentioning that the specific OF slot won't just be Dahl's stats? It will be whoever you replace him with + Dahl's stats. 

obvious, but just something to consider.

Definitely worth mentioning - thank you. 

Which I might add is why I am happy taking him in the 10th. Do I think he will finish Top 100 overall (which was the issue at hand)? Probably not. But he may very well average Top 100 when healthy. In a playoff format like H2H this is especially useful. Although my point still stands that his spot in the batting order (7th) is reducing his upside. If we was somehow batting 1/2 he could be a league winner. 

Then there is even more hidden value in having an extra roster spot - assuming you don't already have 2+ eligible DL players. Allows me to hold onto a speculative closer for a few weeks+. 

Same thing can be said of another Rockie - Ian Desmond. 

37 minutes ago, DonnieAvery17 said:

He's not going on DL?  So this means he's ok?  If so, he's the steal of the draft.

Relax, they have up until game time tomorrow.  He will start on DL

Obv he won't go on dl til their first game. Congrats to all playing their first year of fantsasy though.

21 minutes ago, Ultraa said:

Obv he won't go on dl til their first game. Congrats to all playing their first year of fantsasy though.

You realize plenty of teams that don't have a game today have already put players on the disabled list, right? 

25 minutes ago, Ultraa said:

Haha what are you talking about??  Plenty of teams have already announced players on the DL that aren't playing today.

27 minutes ago, Ultraa said:

Literally just happened:

Rockies placed OF David Dahl on the 10-day disabled list with a stress reaction in his rib.

Dahl hasn't been cleared to resume full baseball activities yet, but it probably won't be long. He figures to miss most, if not all, of April. Gerardo Parra will be the Rockies' left fielder in the meantime.

Apr 2 - 1:52 PM

Was just officially placed on the DL (along with Desmond). Just need the sites to update. 

3 hours ago, ragrag said:

heads up... Tagged w/ DL on CBS.

Yep kinda screwed me in a dynasty league as I had to leave for work so I had to drop a guy I'm sure will get picked up now lol

I know it depends on a lot on league size and setup, but in a general sense how much of a nifty DL stash is Dahl if he went undrafted in redrafts?

Edited by k.k.

22 minutes ago, k.k. said:

I know it depends on a lot on league size and setup, but in a general sense how much of a nifty DL stash is Dahl if he went undrafted in redrafts?

I mean like you said, the answer to that is different if it's an 8 team league or a 14 team league 

1 hour ago, k.k. said:

IMO in any league with 10 or more teams he is a great DL stash.  

1 minute ago, Stein said:

Parra not doing anything to lose the gig.

More of a reflection on Davies... dude has walked 2 batters, allowed several singles and 2 doubles.

I own Dahl and picked up Parra to replace him so I'm covered either way.  But hypothetically speaking do we foresee any scenario where Parra keeps this job full time?  If he keeps hitting and playing solid D you'd figure it may be tough to sit him?

Edited by Cmilne23

46 minutes ago, Stein said:

Parra not doing anything to lose the gig.

I understand what you're insinuating here, but Colorado would be beyond foolish to not give Dahl steady ABs once he's healthy. He's a young developing player that has too much to lose by sitting on the bench. 

7 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I own Dahl and picked up Parra to replace him so I'm covered either way.  But hypothetically speaking do we foresee any scenario where Parra keeps this job full time?  If he keeps hitting and playing solid D you'd figure it may be tough to sit him?

Yes, I think it's certainly very possible. They gave Parra a 3 year contract last offseason I'm sure they'd love for him to produce

4 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Yes, I think it's certainly very possible. They gave Parra a 3 year contract last offseason I'm sure they'd love for him to produce

Yeah that's what I'm thinking also.  I doubt they'll bring Dahl back to rot on bench, so perhaps a stint back to minors or a lengthy rehab.  These things usually have a way of working out though.  Either with injury or trade. 

11 hours ago, miamifin33 said:

I understand what you're insinuating here, but Colorado would be beyond foolish to not give Dahl steady ABs once he's healthy. He's a young developing player that has too much to lose by sitting on the bench. 

You act like MLB managers and GM's do the right thing. Sometimes they make horrible decisions.