Fuzzy_Slippers

Clayton Kershaw 2017 Outlook

I paid about 20% of my auction money. If healthy he's worth every penny. He's so much better than any other pitcher in most formats. 

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

I paid about 20% of my auction money. If healthy he's worth every penny. He's so much better than any other pitcher in most formats. 

not bad, that's $52 in a $260 cap league, I'm all over that tag.

24 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

not bad, that's $52 in a $260 cap league, I'm all over that tag.

He went 52ish last year but now has double the injury risk.  How can that be a fair price?

I know how good he is..but 52 goes a long way to getting a prime hitter.

9 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

He went 52ish last year but now has double the injury risk.  How can that be a fair price?

I know how good he is..but 52 goes a long way to getting a prime hitter.

Not sure what a "fair" price for him is, but I'd pay 52 all day, his reward is worth the risk IMO.

His avg price seems to be around 47/48 which seems fair.  Anything above 50, and  I think it makes more sense to reach a little further and grab Trout.

1 minute ago, KingJoffrey said:

His avg price seems to be around 47/48 which seems fair.  Anything above 50, and  I think it makes more sense to reach a little further and grab Trout.

that's the beauty of auction vs snake, grab both. ;)

43 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

My position is that last year's price was too low. He's on par with Trout when healthy

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I'm getting this guy, don't care if I have to pay $60!

He's worth it. 

JU9m5xv.gif

He just went for $43 in the Tout Wars H2H Mixed Auction Draft ($260 budget). 

6 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

for real.  the ultimate ratio cleanser and K machine.  love having him b/c he can erase blowups and allow you to stream a little more comfortably.

15 hours ago, mysonx3 said:

My position is that last year's price was too low. He's on par with Trout when healthy

He is BEYOND Trout when healthy.

14 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

He just went for $43 in the Tout Wars H2H Mixed Auction Draft ($260 budget). 

Is there a link to this draft?

Meh... Coors happens to everyone, but I was hopeful after Ryu's gem yesterday

Could really use a QS and W here...

This should just piss him off enough to allow none earned over like 25+ IP.

Edited by ragrag

48 minutes ago, ragrag said:

This should just piss him off enough to allow none earned over like 25+ IP.

No no. The next 125. 

First time Kershaw owner this year. I'm loving it and we haven't even seen him at his best yet. Not many pitchers can start a game off loading the bags with 0 outs, get out of it giving up only 1 run against a lineup like the Rockies, and then fire off 6 more innings of 1 run ball after that while striking out 10 and getting the win.

13 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

First time Kershaw owner this year. I'm loving it and we haven't even seen him at his best yet. Not many pitchers can start a game off loading the bags with 0 outs, get out of it giving up only 1 run against a lineup like the Rockies, and then fire off 6 more innings of 1 run ball after that while striking out 10 and getting the win.

Welcome to the club and enjoy the ride. He's been a mainstay on my keep-3 team since 2011. It's amazing having an anchor that puts up elite numbers every five days.

1 hour ago, Bash Bros said:

Welcome to the club and enjoy the ride. He's been a mainstay on my keep-3 team since 2011. It's amazing having an anchor that puts up elite numbers every five days.

Kershaw was on the ropes in the first inning and was able to keep the damage to one run.  Most pitchers would have gave up a couple there.

Then Clayton settled down and wound up giving a typical Clayton Kershaw pitching performance.  Yeah, he's pretty awesome.

48 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

is he going twice this week?

tuesday and sunday?

Scheduled to go those days.

This morning yahoo showed him going tomorrow and Sunday but now it's just showing tomorrow...I'm hoping they have it wrong

1 minute ago, BostonCajun said:

This morning yahoo showed him going tomorrow and Sunday but now it's just showing tomorrow...I'm hoping they have it wrong

With Urias getting inserted for a start Thursday, it's unclear what that means for the weekend. The thought was that it would bump Maeda to Friday, but it's unclear whether it will bump everyone, including Kershaw through the weekend. He would lose the second start this week and more importantly a start against my dreadful Phillies.

6 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

With Urias getting inserted for a start Thursday, it's unclear what that means for the weekend. The thought was that it would bump Maeda to Friday, but it's unclear whether it will bump everyone, including Kershaw through the weekend. He would lose the second start this week and more importantly a start against my dreadful Phillies.

Oh I somehow missed the news on Urias. That makes sense. It's definitely disappointing he might miss a start against the Phillies Sunday. Although if that happens he should start against the Giants at home either Monday or Tuesday next week and again either Saturday or Sunday on the road in San Diego. Not too shabby.