Fuzzy_Slippers

Clayton Kershaw 2017 Outlook

On April 27, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Michael Bluth said:

Do we know if he's going Sunday or Monday?

Wondering the same. Would imagine they want him against Cueto Monday rather then against the Phillies tommorow

Anyone think he can win another Cy Young this year? Scherzer may be in the way...other than that I don't see too much competition. It's early yet of course.

4 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

4d7e731606a34908b2f0b3ca9758f3be_meme-du

lol He's struggled at Colorado and they seem to be pretty hot right now. Second best team in the National league. I wanna start but Im scared haha

1 minute ago, spivey17323 said:

lol He's struggled at Colorado and they seem to be pretty hot right now. Second best team in the National league. I wanna start but Im scared haha

I don't care. He's my hero, the true ace... the mother of all that is holy. The LeBron James of pitching. The Sidney Crosby of pitching. etc etcetcetcetcetecccccc

start this ace.

21 minutes ago, spivey17323 said:

We starting him today in Colorado?

Yes because I hate my life

Plagiarizing Cdub2K from the Mark Reynolds thread concerning Kershaw tonight:

His splits from 2014-2016 @ Coors Field has his ERA at 2.81 with 3 wins in 4 starts. His opponents batting average in those starts are below .200. 

That being said...his first game at Coors this year (8 April) was not Kershaw-like.  He gave up 3HRs (4 runs) in 6 innings, including back-to-back HRs in the 6th to Reynolds and Parra before being lifted and earning the big L.  However, did you draft Kershaw (or pay for him in Auction) with the thought that you'd ever discuss with yourself sitting him in any game when he was healthy?  No you didn't.  He's set and forget.

6 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

Plagiarizing Cdub2K from the Mark Reynolds thread concerning Kershaw tonight:

That being said...his first game at Coors this year (8 April) was not Kershaw-like.  He gave up 3HRs (4 runs) in 6 innings, including back-to-back HRs in the 6th to Reynolds and Parra before being lifted and earning the big L.  However, did you draft Kershaw (or pay for him in Auction) with the thought that you'd ever discuss with yourself sitting him in any game when he was healthy?  No you didn't.  He's set and forget.

6 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

Convinced. Starting him and will never second guess myself on this matter ever again.

2 minutes ago, spivey17323 said:

Convinced. Starting him and will never second guess myself on this matter ever again.

Good luck!  I'm sitting Reynolds and Desmond tonight against the Kershaw/Jansen combo...even though Reynolds did well in that 8 April game.  I'm calling that game for Kershaw the exception, not the norm.

1 hour ago, Damn Yankee said:

Good luck!  I'm sitting Reynolds and Desmond tonight against the Kershaw/Jansen combo...even though Reynolds did well in that 8 April game.  I'm calling that game for Kershaw the exception, not the norm.

Yeah, same thing here sorta. Benching Reynolds and LeMahieu, letting Arenado get up there though.

I could see him giving up 4-5 runs and still getting Ks and a win.

One of these days, Mr. Kershaw is going to throw a no-hitter.  The man is DUE.

26 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Or a perfect game. He was one Hanley Ramirez error away from doing it the last time.

2 hours ago, lavaman said:

Why not tonight? There's no time like the present!

Edited by mysonx3

55 minutes ago, mysonx3 said:

Why not tonight? There's no time like the present!

Love the optimism but not @ COL.

Few things make me angry in baseball. 

But when Kershaw is at 85 pitches, and has just hit an insane stride the last couple innings, YOU DON'T PULL HIM OUT OF THE GAME!!!

I hate Dave Roberts' management style. That's so stupid. 

I just saw a graphic on the broadcast of the Dodgers game that showed Kershaw has had more 3-0 counts himself as a hitter (2) than he has had against him as a pitcher (1) this year haha ?