swfcdan

Jameson Taillon 2017 Outlook

Damn if someone got the gift people were talking about when he was a rage drop candidate a few weeks ago they'd receive a sterling 2+ whip production.  Garbage.

He almost finished with no strikeouts, but he got one against the last batter he faced.

5 IP

9.00 ERA

2.00 WHIP

1 K

The life and times of a scrub pitcher.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

He almost finished with no strikeouts, but he got one against the last batter he faced.

5 IP

9.00 ERA

2.00 WHIP

1 K

The life and times of a scrub pitcher.

Careful.  1.60 whips are celebrated in this thread.  Damage only occurred in a few starts.  And "ceiling is high".  Is likely what you'll be greeted with.  Good luck.  

gonna give Tallion a pass for this season as he's coming back from testicular cancer.

I think he rebounds in 2018.

7 minutes ago, jb_power said:

gonna give Tallion a pass for this season as he's coming back from testicular cancer.

I think he rebounds in 2018.

Great story no doubt.  Respect the hell out of this kid for battling.  

But in terms of winning a title I don't see how you can keep throwing him out.  He's been atrocious for awhile now.  

He might be a JAG but I still think there is some upside there. This was an easy sit against a great lineup.

25 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

He might be a JAG but I still think there is some upside there. This was an easy sit against a great lineup.

If you're sitting guys in late August with Belly Bombs out, are you really worth owning?

14 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

If you're sitting guys in late August with Belly Bombs out, are you really worth owning?

In a dynasty league sure.

10 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

What bradwatson said above.  If you dropped this guy in a dynasty league you would never get him back the rest of his career.  So you just bench him for now.

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What bradwatson said above.  If you dropped this guy in a dynasty league you would never get him back the rest of his career.  So you just bench him for now.

Yes, he's no doubt a hold in dynasty.  Hard to keep running out in redraft.  @Cinci next, they've lit him up like a piñata his last 2 starts vs them.

He is walking way too much last few starts, where did this came from, he wasn't walking more than one, maybe two, batters before.

ESPN has him starting Monday vs. MIL and next Sunday vs. STL. If that holds, he'll be a two-starter.

32 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

ESPN has him starting Monday vs. MIL and next Sunday vs. STL. If that holds, he'll be a two-starter.

I'm seeing Brault tomorrow, Glasnow on Tuesday 

Edit: pirates beat reporter just tweeted Taillon goes on Monday. Can he be trusted though? Seems like a desperate play considering Taillon's performance of late

Edited by sinnacle

ESPN has now taken away the second start vs. STL, so all we know at this point is that he's going tonight.