swfcdan

Jameson Taillon 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Damn if someone got the gift people were talking about when he was a rage drop candidate a few weeks ago they'd receive a sterling 2+ whip production.  Garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He almost finished with no strikeouts, but he got one against the last batter he faced.

 

5 IP

9.00 ERA

2.00 WHIP

1 K

 

The life and times of a scrub pitcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

He almost finished with no strikeouts, but he got one against the last batter he faced.

 

5 IP

9.00 ERA

2.00 WHIP

1 K

 

The life and times of a scrub pitcher.

Careful.  1.60 whips are celebrated in this thread.  Damage only occurred in a few starts.  And "ceiling is high".  Is likely what you'll be greeted with.  Good luck.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gonna give Tallion a pass for this season as he's coming back from testicular cancer.

 

I think he rebounds in 2018.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jb_power said:

gonna give Tallion a pass for this season as he's coming back from testicular cancer.

 

I think he rebounds in 2018.

 

Great story no doubt.  Respect the hell out of this kid for battling.  

 

But in terms of winning a title I don't see how you can keep throwing him out.  He's been atrocious for awhile now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He might be a JAG but I still think there is some upside there. This was an easy sit against a great lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

He might be a JAG but I still think there is some upside there. This was an easy sit against a great lineup.

If you're sitting guys in late August with Belly Bombs out, are you really worth owning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

If you're sitting guys in late August with Belly Bombs out, are you really worth owning?

In a dynasty league sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

If you're sitting guys in late August with Belly Bombs out, are you really worth owning?

What bradwatson said above.  If you dropped this guy in a dynasty league you would never get him back the rest of his career.  So you just bench him for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What bradwatson said above.  If you dropped this guy in a dynasty league you would never get him back the rest of his career.  So you just bench him for now.

Yes, he's no doubt a hold in dynasty.  Hard to keep running out in redraft.  @Cinci next, they've lit him up like a piñata his last 2 starts vs them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is walking way too much last few starts, where did this came from, he wasn't walking more than one, maybe two, batters before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN has him starting Monday vs. MIL and next Sunday vs. STL. If that holds, he'll be a two-starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

ESPN has him starting Monday vs. MIL and next Sunday vs. STL. If that holds, he'll be a two-starter.

 

I'm seeing Brault tomorrow, Glasnow on Tuesday 

 

Edit: pirates beat reporter just tweeted Taillon goes on Monday. Can he be trusted though? Seems like a desperate play considering Taillon's performance of late

Edited by sinnacle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN has now taken away the second start vs. STL, so all we know at this point is that he's going tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.