crafty

Alex Bregman 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, Watermock said:

He had a terrible start last year and everyone that dropped kicked themselves later. Patience. 

This.

Looked like everything we hoped for and more after that long beginning slump. It's the beginning of April....not worried in the slightest. This kid is gonna have a big year in a potent lineup

On 1/16/2017 at 7:07 PM, DerekQ said:

People say he profiles as a "Pedroia" but I don't see the comparison. He has more pop than the laser show. He's 3 inches taller and 10-15 pounds heavier. Most triples in a season for Pedroia, 3. Bregman had 3 in 49 games last season. Bregs has more speed too.

I dont think his pop is all that impressive, yet. Give me pedroia.

9 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Has anyone seen his at bats this year? is he hitting in bad luck? Terrible start to the season. Reason to be worried?

Not happy about the slow start but not worried. It's his first full season and pitchers had the entire winter to make adjustments to him. He has shown in the past that he is capable of adjustments, as well. Give him time.

He's only struck out 3 times. Ive seen him fly out at least 6 times. Not worried.

Nothing looks alarming, K rate, walk rate, LD%, plate discipline, etc. Numbers easily chalked up to a 10 day sample. If this was any other week and a half of the season, no one would blink an eye. 

12 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Nothing looks alarming, K rate, walk rate, LD%, plate discipline, etc. Numbers easily chalked up to a 10 day sample. If this was any other week and a half of the season, no one would blink an eye. 

I wasnt worried. Just hope this move to 6th isnt permenant

33 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Dropped to 6th after a 2 hit game wow! This can't be good.

manager making moves just to make moves to make himself appear important and needed. 

19 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

manager making moves just to make moves to make himself appear important and needed. 

I remember years ago Tommy LaSorda saying that being a baseball mgr was harder work than being an NBA and NFL coach.  Yeah, right.

45 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

I wish while he was at it he'd move Altuve into leadoff and put Springer at 4.

5 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I wish while he was at it he'd move Altuve into leadoff and put Springer at 4.

No, that would make too much since. Move Bregman down for no reason instead. 

Just struck out with bases loaded ?

1 hour ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Even when he gets some hits its pretty empty

He did have a double and an RBI....

But seriously, we aren't even 2 weeks into the season.....

7 minutes ago, lassetjus said:

He did have a double and an RBI....

But seriously, we aren't even 2 weeks into the season.....

I understand it hasn't even been 2 weeks but the guy has 1 double,1 run scored, 1 RBI and no home runs

19 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

I understand it hasn't even been 2 weeks but the guy has 1 double,1 run scored, 1 RBI and no home runs

Everyone needs to keep in mind that he was in the WBC and received only 4 at bats. So he didn't have a proper spring training and he also is probably dealing with adjustments opposing pitchers have made over the offseason. It you want to be optimistic he has multi-hit games in his last 2 games. Maybe he is heating up.

aside from his offensive play, i'm now worried about his defensive play regressing.

it appears to be the only method by which he can get on base. i guess that's a start. . .

1 hour ago, slainte said:

it appears to be the only method by which he can get on base. i guess that's a start. . .

OBP is currently  .354. So not likely. 

Edited by TTRA1N