Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VelvetMerkin

***2016-2017 NBA Trade Deadline Discussion Thread***

All the hype and only 1 deal on deadline day.... oh and that McDaniels deal!

Some guy named Adam Joseph is indicating the deal is done, but final details on who exactly is coming to Chicago is being sorted out. Taj / Doug going to OKC.

Just now, ryanii said:

To be fair, DeMarcus Cousins and Serge Ibaka were already moved. Had that simply happened today instead of over the All Star Break it's the biggest trade deadline ever.

2 minutes ago, ryanii said:

noel disagrees with you

1 minute ago, XOrad10 said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure PG will choose Indy over Los Angeles long term because of Aaron frickiin Afflalo!

whys everyone so high on justin anderson?

Spin: 

Anderson is in the middle of his second NBA season, but he hadn't yet managed to be a mainstay in the Mavericks' rotation, averaging 6.5 points and 2.9 rebounds over 14 minutes per game this season. The swingman out of Virginia has been solid when he sees extended minutes, however, most recently when he saw 24 minutes against the Thunder at the end of January and recorded 17 points and five rebounds. He also recorded 16 points, eight rebounds and seven assists in 41 minutes early on in the regular season. In Philadelphia, Anderson will likely be able to carve out a bench role on the wing behind Robert Covington this season as well as provide some additional depth at shooting guard, but it may take a couple of games for the wing to ultimately find his role with this version of the team. Anderson also gives the 76ers another young option that they could have under contract for at least the next two years.

doesnt read like a must add to me, am i missing something?

Okay so if that trade did get completed, I'll reiterate: OKC got the shooter they want. Increase in assists for Westy, and perfect guy (Doug) for those of you who lack 3s.

Just now, ajs723 said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure PG will choose Indy over Los Angeles long term because of Aaron frickiin Afflalo!

I'd like to think as an Indiana resident, PG13 wants to stay in Indianapolis for me and Aaron Afflalo.

Just now, XOrad10 said:

Bird should also stop being a tool and trade him to L.A.

Seems like he is going to go there anyways unless the Pacers become relevant. Afflalo damn sure ain't gonna do anything. He'd be an idiot to not take like Randle Ingram and the rockets pick. Something like that. Granted, I'm sure Magic knows P.G is all his in free agency so maybe Lakers haven't offered too much.

Yeah great going Larry Bird, Afflalo going to win indy the chip... CJ Miles is more valuable than Aaron frickin Afflalo

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

PG only wants to go to L.A.

Then again, that's not Indianas problem.

but with Celtics knowing that, they wont make a deal thinking hes going to walk after next year

My buddy who works for the Bulls said in the last 5 minutes s--- got real wild. Apparently Jimmy to Celts is legit in play.

He works in the marketing department, apparently the whole front office is chaos right now.

1 minute ago, beeray said:

Spin: 

Anderson is in the middle of his second NBA season, but he hadn't yet managed to be a mainstay in the Mavericks' rotation, averaging 6.5 points and 2.9 rebounds over 14 minutes per game this season. The swingman out of Virginia has been solid when he sees extended minutes, however, most recently when he saw 24 minutes against the Thunder at the end of January and recorded 17 points and five rebounds. He also recorded 16 points, eight rebounds and seven assists in 41 minutes early on in the regular season. In Philadelphia, Anderson will likely be able to carve out a bench role on the wing behind Robert Covington this season as well as provide some additional depth at shooting guard, but it may take a couple of games for the wing to ultimately find his role with this version of the team. Anderson also gives the 76ers another young option that they could have under contract for at least the next two years.

I agree with this, I'm unclear why he's being added. Bench guys haven't been that worthy of owning in Philly, even last season with Hollis and grant. I know robocov goes down every now and again but seems like a deep league add than anything.

Don't sleep on Arron Afflalo. That's all I gotta say.

Just now, lacit1707 said:

but with Celtics knowing that, they wont make a deal thinking hes going to walk after next year

I was more aimed at the Denver offer. They had an offer. Not taking it makes Bird look like a total and utter fool. PG is going to L.A first chance he gets unless Pacers get another star. Fat chance.

2 minutes ago, beeray said:

Spin: 

Look at his Per 36 stats. Even with 20 minutes he produces rosterable stats.