Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VelvetMerkin

***2016-2017 NBA Trade Deadline Discussion Thread***

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

 

Yeah, I feel like he'll definitely move. If they don't bring back a pg, ish smith is an instant grab.

They are probably bringing back a pg though right? Like bring back a Payton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

They are probably bringing back a pg though right? Like bring back a Payton.

 

Not sure, I guess everyone is available for ORL but I imagine they would target someone like Mario or Vucevic since DET is also shopping Drummond. I think the fact that ish is playing well has given them the gusto to shop Reggie in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

 

Not sure, I guess everyone is available for ORL but I imagine they would target someone like Mario or Vucevic since DET is also shopping Drummond. I think the fact that ish is playing well has given them the gusto to shop Reggie in the first place.

yup everyone is available in orlando, team is a complete disaster. they are think reggie can be their starter as they realize payton wont cut it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

 

Not sure, I guess everyone is available for ORL but I imagine they would target someone like Mario or Vucevic since DET is also shopping Drummond. I think the fact that ish is playing well has given them the gusto to shop Reggie in the first place.

That blurb said they weren't shopping Drummond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

That blurb said they weren't shopping Drummond.

 

It said 'unlikely' to part with him but espn says they are exploring the market and have put him on the block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

 

It said 'unlikely' to part with him but espn says they are exploring the market and have put him on the block.

Oh ok thank you for the clarification.  Yeah I didn't see the ESPN article.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bugs bunny said:

Oh ok thank you for the clarification.  Yeah I didn't see the ESPN article.  

 

No worries, I first saw it on the bleacherreport app. It sent a notification on my phone.

 

It's pretty funny that SVG said Reggie wouldn't be traded . . . for Rubio haha. They need change in DET.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2017 at 2:02 PM, bballshinobi said:

 

Charlotte probably did it so they can meet the minimum salary floor and make some cash doing it. If an NBA team is below the salary floor, they still have to distribute that difference to the players on the team. Let's say if the salary floor is $50 million and you are only paying $40 million, then you will have to give $10 million to the current players on your team. 

 

For the Cavs, it makes sense for them to give Hornets cash so Hornets can waive Anderson for them. Cavs are a luxury tax team, so Cavs have to pay luxurytax on top of the salary Anderson makes. Anderson makes $1.5 million this year, so for Cavs who is a repeat tax payer they probably have to pay another $5-6 million in luxury tax for having him. If they Cavs waive Anderson themselves, they still have to pay him the salary + the luxury tax, let's say for a total of $7.5 million. 

 

Instead of doing that, they trade Anderson + (for example) $3 million to the Hornets. Hornets then pay off Anderson's contract with that cash. Hornets make about $2.125 million ($3 million - prorated $1.5 million/year) for doing the transaction. Cavs save about $4.5 million (saving of $7.5 luxury tax - the cost of $3 million)

 

 

 

 

It's a win-win trade in terms of finance. Hornets make a cool couple million dollars for the trouble. Cavs save several millions in luxury tax and open up a roster spot for a potential mid-season veteran free agent like Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, etc. 

 

 

whoa! Where did you learn about all this? by reading the CBA? share your resources, please. I love these type of details! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way they move Jackson just to not bring back a pg and let Ish run the team. This cannot be the plan to improve this team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really deadline related, but for those of you needing a big man - Ed Davis looks to be a big winner due to the Nurkic trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Not really deadline related, but for those of you needing a big man - Ed Davis looks to be a big winner due to the Nurkic trade. 

Whaaaat? How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eskae said:

 

whoa! Where did you learn about all this? by reading the CBA? share your resources, please. I love these type of details! 

 

 

If you like information like this then you can start reading articles by Danny Chau (www.theringer.com), Zach Lowe (ESPN), and Real GM ( http://basketball.realgm.com/ ). Look for the "trade grades" articles on Real GM. ESPN puts out trade analysis articles too. These guys go in depth about why trades are made in terms of financial and future roster maneuver. You rarely see two teams making a trade for basketball reasons. 

 

In the beginning you might get overwhelmed by all the rules and terminology of the CBA, but you will easily pick up on these ideas if you keep at it because these authors usually spend the time to explain the in details anyways. 

 

You will start to appreciate the genius of guys like RC Buford and Sam Presti. You'll understand why certain teams are stuck in perpetual mediocrity while some teams always seem to be able to re-load quickly. You will also start to wonder what kind of dirty secret some GMs have on their owners in order to keep their jobs for so long.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2017 at 9:30 PM, SicarioSanity said:

Exactly. I did note in my post that the players I stated were for deep leagues. I only play 14 and 16 team leagues so yes, those players could be worth owning if the chips fall in the right way. 

 

*  Yogi Ferrell

* Juancho Hernangomez

* Willy Hernangomez

* Caris LeVert

* Tim Frazier

* Richaun Holmes

* Ish Smith

* Cristiano Felicio

* Justin Holiday / Mindaugas Kuzminskas

 

If I was still active this season, those would be my deep league deadline stashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MONEY BALL said:

 

*  Yogi Ferrell

* Juancho Hernangomez

* Willy Hernangomez

* Caris LeVert

* Tim Frazier

* Richaun Holmes

* Ish Smith

* Justin Holiday / Mindaugas Kuzminskas

 

If I was still active this season, those would be my deep league deadline stashes.

Does Justin Holiday get a boost with Rose out? I am assuming that Jennings is owned in a lot of leagues already.

 

Out of your list I have Willy Hernangomez and I added Juancho...  just cause. I think Willy isn't a deadline stash at all, he is producing now. However, he's producing two games in the first week of playoffs as well...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Does Justin Holiday get a boost with Rose out? I am assuming that Jennings is owned in a lot of leagues already.

 

Out of your list I have Willy Hernangomez and I added Juancho...  just cause. I think Willy isn't a deadline stash at all, he is producing now. However, he's producing two games in the first week of playoffs as well...

 

 

 

I was really thinking about Carmelo when posting Holiday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magic and Pistons discussing DJA/Jeff Green+ for Reggie... would kill Elfrid's value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elfrid and Herzonia to Detroit with Lou Will            

Augustine and a first round pick to Lakers. 

Reggie Jackson to the Magic.  

 

Just one one of the rumors being floated around but all of this makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Elfrid and Herzonia to Detroit with Lou Will            

Augustine and a first round pick to Lakers. 

Reggie Jackson to the Magic.  

 

Just one one of the rumors being floated around but all of this makes sense. 

I would say Elfrid is a horrible fit next to Drummond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zippi said:

I would say Elfrid is a horrible fit next to Drummond

 

He is but I guess that's y they would also bring in Lou. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.