jwblue

Max Scherzer 2017 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

That will probably be his worst start of the season. Absolutely nothing to worry about. 

he sucked way worse than this to start last year

won CY

1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

he sucked way worse than this to start last year

won CY

Interesting, good 2 know..

2 minutes ago, amcsoldier said:

This is the kind of killer instinct you love to see out of your ace.

When Dusty came out in the 8th tonight to see if Max wanted to face Machado (NSFW):

https://gfycat.com/MarriedSelfassuredBrant

Indeed. Apparently Machado is only 1 for 22 or 1 for 23 lifetime against Max.

Remember when people were worried about a finger and considering taking Bum, Noah, Sale over him?

Good times good times

2 start week next week

let the good times roll

8 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Remember when people were worried about a finger and considering taking Bum, Noah, Sale over him?

Good times good times

2 start week next week

let the good times roll

Those times were awesome. Those concerns as probably the reason I was able to snag this monster in the late second.

I got a text during my draft when I grabbed him at end of round 1:  "you know he's hurt, right?"

Looks fine to me, bros.

His intensity is great. Just showed a close up of him before several of his pitches and you can see him cursing to himself. Several F bombs. He's hyped and pushing thru. 

Oh that's just...him.

Damn it would have been awesome if he got 20 k's on the same day that Babe Gennett hit 4 hrs. Max is such a beast and I thank him and Nola for neutralizing that Padres pitcher Dinelson today. 

Edited by mrfrood

1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

Damn it would have been awesome if he got 20 k's on the same day that Babe Gennett hit 4 hrs. Max is such a beast and I thank him and Nola for neutralizing that Padres pitcher Dinelson today. 

For real,  althought i didnt have Nola i did stream Chase anderson...and with Max DEFENITELY helped with that terrible Dinelson start.  Which by the way was very stupid of me.  So many smart guys on the board said Dinelson would get rocke, sure enough.

5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Love this guy's intensity. Easily the second best pitcher in baseball. 

Was toying with the idea of offering him for Sale about a month ago and, boy, am I glad I didn't do that.

5 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Was toying with the idea of offering him for Sale about a month ago and, boy, am I glad I didn't do that.

whew what a big mistake that would have been

easier league

better park to pitch in

better lineup supporting him

Hey folks, I just bought my first ever share of Mad Max in my 10-team dynasty league.  It's great to have one of the safest aces around, if there is such a thing.

The one concern I had before dealing for him was the possibility that they start backing off of his workload due to the Nats being so far ahead in the division.  Anyone see this as a strong possibility?  They let him throw 228 last year, but that was with the Mets "only" 8 games back.  By the time August rolls around and the Mets bursting into flames, I could see the Nats being 15 or more games up.  At that point, what's the rationale to keep having your workhorse going 6, 7 innings every fifth day when you can save him for the playoffs?  I haven't heard this talked about anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily take whatever he gives me ROS over almost any other arm out there, but I have to think they might ease off him a bit late in the season.

4 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Hey folks, I just bought my first ever share of Mad Max in my 10-team dynasty league.  It's great to have one of the safest aces around, if there is such a thing.

The one concern I had before dealing for him was the possibility that they start backing off of his workload due to the Nats being so far ahead in the division.  Anyone see this as a strong possibility?  They let him throw 228 last year, but that was with the Mets "only" 8 games back.  By the time August rolls around and the Mets bursting into flames, I could see the Nats being 15 or more games up.  At that point, what's the rationale to keep having your workhorse going 6, 7 innings every fifth day when you can save him for the playoffs?  I haven't heard this talked about anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily take whatever he gives me ROS over almost any other arm out there, but I have to think they might ease off him a bit late in the season.

With the way they've already been handling things in June? Yeah, strong possibility. I hope you got good value on your trade if so. I drafted him in the 2nd round, I'll be happy with whatever I get out of him, so I personally don't really care what they do. Even if the foot comes off the gas a bit for the Nats in H2H playoffs there's only 1 starter I'd rather have.

16 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I hope you got good value on your trade if so.

The price was Arrieta and Conforto, so the value depends mostly on what Conforto becomes.  I don't think you can get a top-tier starter for less than that the way pitching has been this year.

2 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

The price was Arrieta and Conforto, so the value depends mostly on what Conforto becomes.  I don't think you can get a top-tier starter for less than that the way pitching has been this year.

Yeah, good trade. Mad Max is fun to own.

8 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Yeah, good trade. Mad Max is fun to own.

Owning both Mad Max and Kershaw has been fun this year!

Wow, what a show tonight.  He had to really gut out the last AB against Cespedes, but he finally got to 10K for his fifth straight double-digit strikeout game.  A season high pitch count, something like 117 pitches...  I guess the Nats' bullpen futility is good for Max's fantasy owners -- I wouldn't want to waste his effort by giving the ball to those jamokes, either.