jwblue

Max Scherzer 2017 Outlook

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

1. Kershaw

2. Scherzer

3. Sale

Mad Max is number 1 in my book  Mad Max has done it all in both leagues.   I don't own 1, 2, or 3...

Edited by Z06vette

On 6/17/2017 at 1:29 AM, Z06vette said:

Mad Max is number 1 in my book  Mad Max has done it all in both leagues.   I don't own 1, 2, or 3...

Ill take Max over Kershaw Everyday of the week.

Just lost the lead on a HBP and a WP.  Ran out of gas and the Nats' crappy bullpen meant Dusty couldn't trust anyone to protect the 1-0 lead.

I love the dude. Win or lose, such a stud! My biggest fear is Nats putting so many pitches on that arm. Pretty heavy workload on that arm going back several years. And yeah, I wish I owned him...:(

Nats' run support per game this year:

Strasburg: 5.24

Roark: 5.18

Gonzalez: 5.06

Scherzer: 3.89

And one measly run so far as he exits tonight.  Womp womp.

Dusty Baker is an idiot. Scherzer was clearly tiring in the 7th and was just over 100 pitches when that inning ended. Scherzer should have been done at that point. He brings him back out, lets him get up to 120 pitches, and Scherzer's QS goes out the window.... 4 ER in 7.2 IP.......

45 minutes ago, rdf8585 said:

Dusty Baker is an idiot. Scherzer was clearly tiring in the 7th and was just over 100 pitches when that inning ended. Scherzer should have been done at that point. He brings him back out, lets him get up to 120 pitches, and Scherzer's QS goes out the window.... 4 ER in 7.2 IP.......

A tired Scherzer is much better than anything in the Nats bullpen. Dusty Baker isn't "idiotic" enough not to consider that. 

5 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

A tired Scherzer is much better than anything in the Nats bullpen. Dusty Baker isn't "idiotic" enough not to consider that. 

It's idiotic to let him throw 120 pitches. 

He's shown he can handle that too. The manager made the right decision. Get over it.