jwblue

Max Scherzer 2017 Outlook

You have to think Kershaw now has the edge again for Cy Young?  Leading in ERA by half a run and three more wins.  That's enough for me to overlook the strikeout lead, which is simply due to injury.

1 hour ago, merlin401 said:

You have to think Kershaw now has the edge again for Cy Young?  Leading in ERA by half a run and three more wins.  That's enough for me to overlook the strikeout lead, which is simply due to injury.

I think Kershaw's IP will end up being too low for a lot of people.

whoa ESPN weekly preview has him pitching twice this week and Yahoo has him going tomorrow

I guess going into playoffs this projected better?

can this really be true?

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

Not sure what to think. 

ESPN's note on him says: " Scherzer will look to build on his shiny 2.59 ERA in his upcoming Sunday start against the Phillies. "

Are they sticking with a 6 man rotation with AJ Cole (who is scheduled Sunday on multiple websites) or are they actually pitching Max on 4 days rest?

43 minutes ago, blinkfan77 said:

Not sure what to think. 

ESPN's note on him says: " Scherzer will look to build on his shiny 2.59 ERA in his upcoming Sunday start against the Phillies. "

Are they sticking with a 6 man rotation with AJ Cole (who is scheduled Sunday on multiple websites) or are they actually pitching Max on 4 days rest?

espn forecaster has him pitching sunday

I could really use this

2 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

espn forecaster has him pitching sunday

I could really use this

I know, that's why I posted that lol. Problem is, they don't have him scheduled Sunday, just a note about it (which could easily been incorrect given the confusing 6 man rotation situation). They have AJ Cole as the PP. I have a feeling Cole will get the start. Rest Max another day in preparation for the playoffs.

Fingers crossed.

Just now, blinkfan77 said:

I know, that's why I posted that lol. Problem is, they don't have him scheduled Sunday, just a note about it (which could easily been incorrect given the confusing 6 man rotation situation). They have AJ Cole as the PP. I have a feeling Cole will get the start. Rest Max another day in preparation for the playoffs.

Fingers crossed.

Honestly I think they want Max to get the starts for the Cy as favor to him and also they are still in contention for homefield in NL

im confused too.....the schedule has him pitching every 6th day....monday against the phillies and the last game of the season. How would he start the last game of the season if they need him for the first game of the playoffs? they have everything clinched right?? something doesnt sound right.  Espn said sunday against the phillies. Well, they dont face the Phillies until Monday.

1 hour ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

its official he's going Sunday.....its finally listed on mlb.com schedule....was TBD all day

ESPN has him going Monday.

Just now, Picard56 said:

ESPN has him going Monday.

disregard....mlb.com had it TBD all way to 7 oclock when I had to decide to start martinez or not and I checked later on and they updated it....they always have the info

4 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

disregard....mlb.com had it TBD all way to 7 oclock when I had to decide to start martinez or not and I checked later on and they updated it....they always have the info

No they don't actually. Every other site has Scherzer going Monday. Aj Cole is projected to start Saturday and Strasburg Sunday.

Yahoo!, fox sports, espn and Fantasypros have Aj cole and Strasburg going this weekend. You scared the crap out of me because my opponent has Scherzer and if he gets a second start this week I am not going to the finals. :wacko:

Edited by Picard56

1 hour ago, Picard56 said:

No they don't actually. Every other site has Scherzer going Monday. Aj Cole is projected to start Saturday and Strasburg Sunday.

Yahoo!, fox sports, espn and Fantasypros have Aj cole and Strasburg going this weekend. You scared the crap out of me because my opponent has Scherzer and if he gets a second start this week I am not going to the finals. :wacko:

Just to add some clarification here. I just Tweeted at Mark Zuckerman (Nats beat) and he said the Nats announced the Weekend series to be Jackson/Stras/Max.

Booya!

42 minutes ago, blinkfan77 said:

Just to add some clarification here. I just Tweeted at Mark Zuckerman (Nats beat) and he said the Nats announced the Weekend series to be Jackson/Stras/Max.

Booya!

very fair

GOOD DEAL

46 minutes ago, blinkfan77 said:

Booya!

did you see how unhinged and aggressive he came at me 

SAD!