Flyman75

Jose Peraza 2017 Outlook

Only this guy would go 0/4 when his team scores 13 on 11 hits.

3 minutes ago, Deke said:

Only this guy would go 0/4 when his team scores 13 on 11 hits.

Well to be fair 5 of those hits and 10 of those runs came from homers off the bat of the great Scooter Gennett.

dont understand the knock on this guy. He will score 100 runs and steal 40-50 bases even if buried at the bottom of the order. 

What do you expect? 40 homers and 100 rbis?

Well u should have drafted Harley Gennett then.

So i guess last year's avg/ops was a fluke? 7 fewer sbs, and 66 points lower on his ba in about the same number of abs.

Just a sophomore slump or is he just another speed guy who can't get on base enough to steal bags?

20 minutes ago, fistfullwales said:

So i guess last year's avg/ops was a fluke? 7 fewer sbs, and 66 points lower on his ba in about the same number of abs.

Just a sophomore slump or is he just another speed guy who can't get on base enough to steal bags?

His SB pace last year would have put him around 50 SBs...I don't think that's the kind of basestealer he is. He's on about a 35 SB pace right now, and prior to the season that's about where I figured he'd end up. The problem, imho, is inflated expectations. He's not a .300 hitter, and he's not a 50SB baserunner. 

In standard leagues, I can totally see him being dropped if you have other SB options. But in a league like mine that utilizes the MI slot, he's still a valuable player to own. 

in June Peraza has SUCKED.

.225 AVG/ .243 OBP.

he had 7 SB in both April and May, but only 1 SB in June. he hasn't been running much and also only has 1 CS in June.

he has no walks in the entire month of June. not that that is a big surprise, he only had 2 walks in April, and 3 walks in May.

He's pretty much sucked all year let's be real. Doesn't even run that much 

7 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

He's pretty much sucked all year let's be real. Doesn't even run that much 

even as bad as he has been in June, his 15 SB on the season are still 9th overall in baseball.

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

even as bad as he has been in June, his 15 SB on the season are still 9th overall in baseball.

The only reason I still roster him - yeah I need SB's that bad.  :angry:

14 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Good God he's just the worst.

rather roll with Arcia at this point lol

You know the minute we drop him the light will go on, he will steal 30 and hit .310 with some bonus homers the rest of the way 

Those 15 SBs are misleading...1 in the month of June.

Dropped him over a month ago, haven't looked back

he carries zero value if he's not running. You're better off stashing Rosario if available 

4 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Any insight into why he hasn't been running at all?

since june 1st his OBP is .236. it's hard to steal bases when you're never on base to begin with... :mellow:

And Gennett has been too good. I don't trust what he's doing, but the Reds seem like they are going to let Gennett take Peraza's time. 

On July 3, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Rho said:

picked him back up this week for 4 games in coors

Just hit 450' ER in Coors.

3 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2017/07/20/cincinnati-reds-bench-jose-peraza-favor-scooter-gennett/497479001/

Reds have benched Peraza for Gennett at 2b.  Manager says he will start 1-2x per week in MI, but no longer the starting 2b.  Anyone holding?  

I dropped him a month ago...got tired of his nightly 1-4s with no counting stats. He doesnt even score runs from that 7/8 hole and has 1 SB in 7 weeks!!!

10 hours ago, Gryfter said:

I dropped him a month ago...got tired of his nightly 1-4s with no counting stats. He doesnt even score runs from that 7/8 hole and has 1 SB in 7 weeks!!!

Yeah I expected much more. Swing and a miss on this one.