Topgun

Carlos Gonzalez 2017 Outlook

11 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Still would think it will result in a 10 day D/L stay. 

Why do you say that? Don't you think it's just as likely he's back in the lineup tomorrow or later this weekend? I mean a bruised hand doesn't seem too bad

3 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Why do you say that? Don't you think it's just as likely he's back in the lineup tomorrow or later this weekend? I mean a bruised hand doesn't seem too bad

Talking Cargo though and DL stints. Just go back through his career and the number of times he has been on the list.

25 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Any word on Cargo's availability ?

CBS said he's probable tonight.

So far this is the worst 3rd round pick of ever.  I'm not panicking though because I know once summertime hits Coors all will be right in the world (plus I have DJ and I love stacking)

14 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

So far this is the worst 3rd round pick of ever.  I'm not panicking though because I know once summertime hits Coors all will be right in the world (plus I have DJ and I love stacking)

3rd round ?

7 minutes ago, Topgun said:

3rd round ?

3/32

In the lineup and batting 4th. Yay. Now I can put in my lineup and get the late scratch 2 minutes before game time.

Edited by fletch44

30 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

In the lineup and batting 4th. Yay. Now I can put in my lineup and get the late scratch 2 minutes before game time.

Now imagine that happening in a weekly league.

Id love to drop him in a 3OFer league but know he is no stranger to cold starts.  He will correct it in the form of a hot streak as he is as pure as hitters come.  Benched.  Much easier to own in daily leagues.

Looks terrible at the plate right now. Struck out swinging on a meatball from Jered Weaver that he was way behind on.

Edited by Afatguy

9 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Is this guy just washed? He had a terrible end to last season

31 year old major leaguers rarely "just wash" ... it's usually a gradual decline over the course of several seasons. Is Gonzalez the 40 HR monster he was 2 years ago? probably not .. but he should still be good for ~25 HR, an above average BA, and a ton of runs and rbi that come with batting in the middle of an offensive heavy lineup. 

Yeah, I'm not worried yet, but man has he been awful. Been watching him and his ABs just don't even look good.

2 minutes ago, soxfan94 said:

Yeah, I'm not worried yet, but man has he been awful. Been watching him and his ABs just don't even look good.

frustrating as hell when the whole lineup even the pitcher are hitting Weaver and he looks lost

36 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Is this guy just washed? He had a terrible end to last season

He was fine at the end of last season.   He just didn't hit homers.  The rest of his numbers were just fine.

7 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

frustrating as hell when the whole lineup even the pitcher are hitting Weaver and he looks lost

He's literally only guy in Rockies lineup who doesn't have a hit, even the Rockies pitcher has singled.