ChasinDatPaper

Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 Offseason Thread

14 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

@RMJ_12

2M6GMHG.jpg

Last year Vegas had the Jags at 7.5 wins.  This year they have them at 5.5 with a much improved roster.  I'll take that bet with everything in my savings.

It's no secret last year was a disaster.  Post hype sleeper for sure.

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

Last year Vegas had the Jags at 7.5 wins.  This year they have them at 5.5 with a much improved roster.  I'll take that bet with everything in my savings.

Your roster is definitely better.  I'm there with you.  I hate what the schedule makers did to you though.

Teams play better at home, that is simply a fact.  Home field advantage is real.

Your home schedule this year is really tough though IMO.  It's gonna be very tough sledding.  

Your most winnable (easiest games) are Jets, Browns, and 49ers and all of those are on the road.  Neutral field I give you all 3 of those wins, on the road, it gets a bit tougher for me though.  I do believe you win a minimum of one of those games though.

LA Rams at home should be a lock for yall.

I foresee a split with the Texans and Titans.  I believe the Colts sweep you however, but that week 13 game should be highlighted and I think it will be a good one.

I think 5.5 is the perfect number honestly.

On paper your roster is so damn good, I really like the team yall have in place for the most part, however, until I finally see it put together on the field I have to continue to be skeptical.  Last year I made money on yall, this year I'm fading all day, This team on paper to me looks like a 9 win team, but continues to produce 3-4 win seasons.  I value my money and this year I giving yall a no play on any futures bets.

I s--- on them a lot last year because it was clear to see how bad their coaching was. Can't overcome that. I'm a pretty big believer in them this year.

Gus Bradley was a horrendeous coach for a long time. I am suprised it took them this long to fire him. My 2nd biggest concern was a) QB play. Bortles stats looked impressed a yr agk but those stats were very misleading. He's accuracy is scary bad, and his mechanics are terrible. I think their defense is good enough to give them atleast 5 wins this yr.

According to Mike Kaye of First Coast News, Jaguars DE Dante Fowler has at least 10 traffic tickets dating back to December 2015.

Since it was revealed he was arrested on Tuesday night for hitting a man, knocking off his glasses, stomping on the glasses, and taking the man's groceries and throwing them into a lake at an apartment complex all because the man criticized Fowler's driving, Kaye has decided to dig into local court records. It has revealed Fowler was once cited for driving 98 MPH in a 55 zone and another citation was for careless driving, causing $1,500 in property damage. Fowler could be subject to a suspension following his recent battery and criminal mischief charges.

Fowler when his computer isn't working right: 

Image result for smash computer gif

On Sun Jun 11 2017 at 1:13 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Your roster is definitely better.  I'm there with you.  I hate what the schedule makers did to you though.

Teams play better at home, that is simply a fact.  Home field advantage is real.

Your home schedule this year is really tough though IMO.  It's gonna be very tough sledding.  

Your most winnable (easiest games) are Jets, Browns, and 49ers and all of those are on the road.  Neutral field I give you all 3 of those wins, on the road, it gets a bit tougher for me though.  I do believe you win a minimum of one of those games though.

LA Rams at home should be a lock for yall.

I foresee a split with the Texans and Titans.  I believe the Colts sweep you however, but that week 13 game should be highlighted and I think it will be a good one.

I think 5.5 is the perfect number honestly.

On paper your roster is so damn good, I really like the team yall have in place for the most part, however, until I finally see it put together on the field I have to continue to be skeptical.  Last year I made money on yall, this year I'm fading all day, This team on paper to me looks like a 9 win team, but continues to produce 3-4 win seasons.  I value my money and this year I giving yall a no play on any futures bets.

Andrew Luck has never done great against the Jags defense

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Andrew Luck has never done great against the Jags defense

And the Jags' D looks amazing on paper this year... yet, they looked solid on paper last year... so much talent that has yet to gel as a unified organism. Probably the best collection of IDPs on any one roster. I reckon the blame for lack of gelling must fall on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

4 hours ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

Fowler when his computer isn't working right: 

Image result for smash computer gif

Wow.

What a piece of garbage. Didn't know any of that about fowler. I was a big supporter of his talent too. Not sure I can root for a modern day scumbag like that... Unless they play for my team of course 

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Dante-Fowler-Jr-“It-won’t-happen-again”/5ffd7aa2-edc7-41c9-be18-483eeaab39fb

The Jaguars’ third-year defensive end when speaking to the media Wednesday also apologized to the Jaguars and the city of Jacksonville for his involvement in an incident last week in Tampa.

“I just wanted to let people know and everybody know that’s not me as a person, I’m a better person than that and it won’t happen again,” Fowler said Wednesday after he and the rest of the Jaguars reported to EverBank Field for 2017 Training Camp.

Fowler, the No. 3 overall selection in the 2015 NFL Draft from the University of Florida, made his first public comments since his arrest last week after an altercation in an apartment complex. Fowler reportedly struck a man who criticized his driving, then threw the man’s groceries in a lake.

“Those things happen,” Jaguars Head Coach Doug Marrone said. “Everything that you’ve read publicly is the same information I have. Obviously I’ve discussed those things with Dante. Those discussions obviously will remain private. We handle things internally with the players. If anything changes, we’ll let everyone know. …

The "Those things happen" comment almost killed me...

who is up next henne or allen? i know what henne is about but not sure about allen are there any jags fans who can offer some insight 

Henne didn't exactly light the world on fire tonight, but at least he didn't turn the ball over.  Naturally, Bortles did.  I feel like Henne will be back there Week 1.

If the Jaguars are serious about being playoff bound, Henne and/or Bortles are not the answer. If I was David Caldwell, I would call up the Bills and see what they would want in return for Tyrod Taylor. Would actually make that offense fun to watch.

7 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Jaguars owner (Shahid Khad) said he would be open to signing Kaepernick if his football people recommended it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/24/jaguars-owner-shahid-khad-okay-signing-colin-kaepernick

his football people i hope they are not the same ones who tell him who to draft 

they have had a top 5 pick the last 6 years 

blackmon - done

joeckel - gone from jags 

bortles - seeing the end now i believe

flower jr. - will probably be in jail sooner then later 

ramsey - he looks good i'll give them that 

fournette - already foot troubles 

On 6/11/2017 at 11:35 AM, RMJ_12 said:

are you really still confident with that bet ?

Going into last year, the presumption was that Bortles was developing. The roster is actually pretty good at the starter level, but Bortles drags them down like a 2 ton anchor attached to an inflatable pool raft

5 hours ago, burninglegs said:

If the Jaguars are serious about being playoff bound, Henne and/or Bortles are not the answer. If I was David Caldwell, I would call up the Bills and see what they would want in return for Tyrod Taylor. Would actually make that offense fun to watch.

Tyrod would be a perfect fit for this offense. Bills are already selling and have clearly never liked Taylor at the helm. Seems like a good fit for both sides.

I'll take that nice young LB you guys got for Taylor. Telvin Smith I think his name is. He's a good player.

If not, we will take approximately one (1) ham sandwich in exchange for Ty.

1 minute ago, Chardo said:

Why trade for Tyrod when you can get the similar Kaepernick for nothing? 

Does anyone know what Kaepernick is actually doing now....is he training with people .... protesting somewhere ... at some camp somewhere

8 hours ago, Chardo said:

Why trade for Tyrod when you can get the similar Kaepernick for nothing? 

Because of the negative drama that comes with him.