ChasinDatPaper

Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 Offseason Thread

10 hours ago, Chardo said:

Why trade for Tyrod when you can get the similar Kaepernick for nothing? 

Because you would need to change to a read option offense if you want a chance to win a game.

Once you do, Keapernick will get clobbered as soon as he leaves the pocket.  Then he's injured and your only other QB choice is RGIII.  They're both on IR by week 5.

We've seen this show.  It doesn't win football games.

Tyrod is closer to a Rodgers and Luck.  They can run, but they're looking to pass first.

Edited by jmausen

3 hours ago, jmausen said:

Because you would need to change to a read option offense if you want a chance to win a game.

Once you do, Keapernick will get clobbered as soon as he leaves the pocket.  Then he's injured and your only other QB choice is RGIII.  They're both on IR by week 5.

We've seen this show.  It doesn't win football games.

Tyrod is closer to a Rodgers and Luck.  They can run, but they're looking to pass first.

and kaep is not that great at throwing a football.

Back to Bortles. Amazing. Henne did fall on his face in the 3rd pre-season game though. No one to blame but himself.

6 hours ago, cdd10 said:

LeSean McCoy and 32 General Managers agree with you.

6 hours ago, cdd10 said:

See that's the thing.  Kaepernick is not oppressed because of racism.  He's oppressed because he sucks at his job.

Welp, GG Jacksonville. You had a chance to be decent. Put it's hard to swim upwards tethered to a Bortelian anchor. 

Can someone in their front office grab Osweiler and make this competition a reality show??

55 minutes ago, Chardo said:

See that's the thing.  Kaepernick is not oppressed because of racism.  He's oppressed because he sucks at his job.

Yeah he only had 18 TD's and 4 int's in 12 games with a terrible offensive line and not one WR worth mentioning.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Back to Bortles. Amazing. Henne did fall on his face in the 3rd pre-season game though. No one to blame but himself.

Getting picked in the 1st round provides so much extra job security it's hilarious. If Beathard gets an opportunity in SF next year (or this), he'll have like 2-3 games to show something or kaput! Bortles 1st round status has bought him a lot of extra time. 

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

I would rather have Bortles than Henne.

smh

This organization is run like the Cleveland Indians in "Major League." It is as if the owner is trying to tank the franchise on purpose so he can move it to a different city.

They were always going to start Bortles. He was such a big investment that they were obligated to make it work. Henne was never the future of the franchise anyway, he is strictly a back-up. This isn't to suggest that Bortles is the future, but they're giving him last one shot. The QB competition (and subsequent benching) was probably just a motivational tactic; putting him on notice and not allowing him to take his spot for granted.

Yeah, except if bortles gets hurt his 19million contract is fully guaranteed for next year. Is he really enough of an upgrade on Henne to run that risk and derail 2018 as well???

4 hours ago, cdd10 said:

smh

for fantasy purposes, i'd much rather see bortles under center. in 2015, he was able to support a top tier wr1 in arob as well as wr2 production from hurns. henne, on the other hand, has never been able to do that (e.g., bmarsh's poor numbers in 2010).

Edited by augustine

I'm really intrigued by their D this year. They forced an unusual amount of turnovers last year, but I expect that to change with a great secondary and what should be a decent pass rush. 

Ive seen some Top 5 predictions thrown around as they also have the 2nd easiest strength of schedule. Thoughts? I'm on board I think for a flier... If they stink it up vs Houston they're gone!

I am thinking of dumping Houston D for them.  Texans lost their secondary last night and facing Pats next week, so I will have to stream another D anyway.

6 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

I am thinking of dumping Houston D for them.  Texans lost their secondary last night and facing Pats next week, so I will have to stream another D anyway.

They are available in your league? I'm shocked...

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

They are available in your league? I'm shocked...

Not anymore, I just picked them up.  But they do only have a 48% ownership in Yahoo leagues.

Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey was not spotted at Thursday's practice. He is battling an ankle injury. Ramsey was limited on Wednesday. He didn't practice at all last week but played against Tennessee last Sunday.

I'm officially a Blake Bortles hater.  The guy just keeps getting worse and worse.  He can't throw a damn spiral, and refuses to throw the ball more than 10 yards.

9 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Offensive thread I know but who is ready for the JAX D/ST to get them 15+ points? I am!

For the rest of the year!

Kizer...Stanton...Russ...Savage...CJ Beathard/Jimmy G.......Remaining QB's they face.