Triple Short Of a Cycle

Mike Moustakas 2017 Outlook

4 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Yep, couldn't care too much while he's still homering but it would be nice if it cleared up soon. Getting hit in retalition is the stupidest thing in baseball, but Moose shows he's a tough animal and still producing so kudos to him.

The walk rate is horrific but his K rate is terrific for a masher, so shows his contact skill and I guess they balance themselves out. Still pretty unique for a power hitter, can't think of many low walk low K sluggers around? 

Beltre is the main guy thrown around who doesn't k or walk. Not very many others that fit that mold.

4 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Yep, couldn't care too much while he's still homering but it would be nice if it cleared up soon. Getting hit in retalition is the stupidest thing in baseball, but Moose shows he's a tough animal and still producing so kudos to him.

The walk rate is horrific but his K rate is terrific for a masher, so shows his contact skill and I guess they balance themselves out. Still pretty unique for a power hitter, can't think of many low walk low K sluggers around? 

I'm hoping it doesn't linger or get worse but he is still hitting homeruns so I guess we can't worry about it to much. I do wish he walked a little more though. 

How do you guys feel about Moose long term? He had a strong finish back in 2015 and injuries were an issue for him in 2016. He's mashing in a walk year but he is kind of in his prime so could this be the norm for him going forward? 

Pathetically, brutally, jokingly inconsistent.

Inconsistency, thy name is Moustakas.

On 7/4/2017 at 6:40 AM, jdbob11 said:

Oh lord, 40 HR's?  The dude isnt hitting 40 HR's, doesnt have a prayer at 40. 

This just deserves to get bumped from time to time.

Another lame solo shot from the guy with no chance at 40 bombs.

Boooooring.

Repulsive inconsistency

Was held out of the starting lineup today due to a "minor leg injury" but just appeared in the ninth as a pinch hitter

Should be good to go tomorrow

He said he felt a pop yesterday but there is no structural damage so I guess he is good to go. The knee issue has been lingering a bit and at this point I kind of wish they would give him a couple of more days to rest so he can get as close to 100% as possible. I first saw it was an issue 2-3 weeks ago. 

does he resign with KC next year or do you guys see him going elsewhere?

3 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

does he resign with KC next year or do you guys see him going elsewhere?

If KC has nobody in the minors ready or soon to be ready, I could see him re-signing with them. They need to pay him, though.

Just to add to that, he's pushing 30, so this is most likely his best shot at a fatty contract. I imagine he'd want a 6 or 7 yr deal, something like 6/100 or 7/110. Something like that, but maybe closer to 5/80 or 6/90 is more realistic for him. No idea. Maybe someone with more knowledge about KC or the upcoming FA market could chime in.

Are you guys buying this 40 homerun season or is it a contract year fluke? We have all seen guys play better in a contract year and then fall off a little bit the following year. 

Did you guys hear that stat? Moose has struck out 77 times this season, but only ONE caught looking K. This guy swings at everything. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

Aggravated his knee, says he'll be in lineup tomorrow. Fig he's out a day or two

Nice comeback season but stick a fork in him...  

Major regression coming next year.

Edited by borindia

Leg injury must be bothering him, wish he could contribute right now to my team in the playoffs...

2 hours ago, borindia said:

Nice comeback season but stick a fork in him...  

Major regression coming next year.

Any reason why exactly? Quick look, seems he traded some contact for power this year. Swinging a lot more in general, and putting more balls in the air. Kd a little more, but nothing drastic