Sign in to follow this  
ChasinDatPaper

Tennessee Titans 2017 Offseason

For me, the Titans continued improvement revolves around getting a legitimately dangerous WR option (Mike Williams), which will help the continued growth of Mariota as well as opening up the running game even more.

17 minutes ago, petekrum said:

For me, the Titans continued improvement revolves around getting a legitimately dangerous WR option (Mike Williams), which will help the continued growth of Mariota as well as opening up the running game even more.

Their secondary is a far bigger area of need than WR. 

12 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Their secondary is a far bigger area of need than WR. 

With all the picks they have, both can be addressed.

1 minute ago, petekrum said:

With all the picks they have, both can be addressed.

True, but the secondary should be the priority. The WR corps got better once the coaches were forced to stop giving Matthews' snaps to the washed up Andre Johnson midseason.

We need an #1 but I dont think its really that big of a deal. They need another pass rusher, CB, and MLB. Their defense could actually be good if they had a secondary.

Mike Williams isnt that good anyway.

the Titans look prime for a decent run next year, who's the player to own on offense? I'm thinking based on value it may be Mariota. 

7 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

the Titans look prime for a decent run next year, who's the player to own on offense? I'm thinking based on value it may be Mariota. 

Mariota and either murray or henry - whoever starts. Also, Mike Mularkey is a moron. Its a shame that Henry didnt get that much touches. Smh

11 minutes ago, petekrum said:

"Mike Williams isnt that good anyway."

Uh, yeah he is.

From what I heard he isnt. And his route running isnt that good either.

People compared him to a slower Dez Bryant.

19 minutes ago, petekrum said:

"Mike Williams isnt that good anyway."

Uh, yeah he is.

He's good...just not the best WR in this draft class (Corey Davis is).

49 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Well you should start listening in different places.

49 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He's good...just not the best WR in this draft class (Corey Davis is).

In your opinion, and you may be right, but it's far to early to tell. Landing spot will weigh heavily.

5 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Slower Dez Bryant can be a big asset for teams (although not one I'd spend a first round pick on). If I got meh WR speed with Dez's strength and anything approaching his contested ball ability, I'd be a happy man as a QB.

Get alshon this offseason, attack defense in draft.

Promising team with alot to look forward too. Solid oline, growing qb and one of the greatest 1/2 punches in the backfield. Defense needs alot of work, but id definatley feel positive if i was a titans fan. 

Btw, Mike williams looks pretty legit. I would be pretty suprised if he ran a slower time then Dez, but hes not as slow as is portayed here. Laquon treadwell was slow for a wr. I could see a high 4.4's or low 4.5's. I do think titans should focus on defense in draft tho. They learned how to use what they had, and FA should have some options. Mariota loved going deep to wright so maybe a burner in jackson even? My money is on Alshon.

They could really get a solid impactful player with that early pick. Those alabama boys like foster. I feel like im not seeing a top 5 Corner, could go jabrill if you like that sort of thing. Maybe a trade down and end up with someone like Lattimore, humphreys or wilson at CB.

Alot of options for this team going forward

Edited by vikingapocalypse

2 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Get alshon this offseason, attack defense in draft.

Promising team with alot to look forward too. Solid oline, growing qb and one of the greatest 1/2 punches in the backfield. Defense needs alot of work, but id definatley feel positive if i was a titans fan. 

Btw, Mike williams looks pretty legit. I would be pretty suprised if he ran a slower time then Dez, but hes not as slow as is portayed here. Laquon treadwell was slow for a wr. I could see a high 4.4's or low 4.5's. I do think titans should focus on defense in draft tho. They learned how to use what they had, and FA should have some options. Mariota loved going deep to wright so maybe a burner in jackson even? My money is on Alshon.

They could really get a solid impactful player with that early pick. Those alabama boys like foster. I feel like im not seeing a top 5 Corner, could go jabrill if you like that sort of thing. Maybe a trade down and end up with someone like Lattimore, humphreys or wilson at CB.

Alot if options for this team going forward

I like the Alshon pick myself, even a guy like Brandon Marshall. 

22 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

eric berry imo.

maybe draft mike williams and then spend the rest of their draft picks on corners for the love of god

Titans have 13 FA players.

maybe, Klug and Bell are worthy of being back. The rest are easily replaceable

What happens FA will matter alot what Jon Robinson does in the draft. Its being said that the CB class is pretty heavy this yr.  Maybe there's also an indication that they go WR early since Mularkey fired his WR coach just about a week ago. 

But WR hasnt had much success here in Tennessee. Hopefully with this coaching staff this changes. But I wouldnt be surpised if it doesnt. Look at guys like DGB, Wright, Britt - all were failures.

ehhhh britt wasn't bad when he was on the field.  just couldnt stay healthy.  so yea failure as a whole.

kendal wright in the first round.....LOL

2 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

ehhhh britt wasn't bad when he was on the field.  just couldnt stay healthy.  so yea failure as a whole.

kendal wright in the first round.....LOL

Typical Ruston Webster move. The only pick he's got right over the four yrs as an GM was the Lewan and Mariota pick.

On January 18, 2017 at 2:22 PM, ChasinDatPaper said:

What happens FA will matter alot what Jon Robinson does in the draft. 

Other way around...There's about a month and a half of FA before draft day.

17 hours ago, psygolf said:

Other way around...There's about a month and a half of FA before draft day.

My bad wasnt aware of it. This franchise is promising I just hope Mariota keeps building and the broken leg doesnt drag him.

Edited by ChasinDatPaper

I like MM8. Easy the 2nd best qb in the division but I dont like what I see with durability. 2 knee injuries that totaled 10 weeks in recovery time combined. Broken leg that will bring him 25-30 weeks of rehabilitation. Body is too frail. Needs to bulk up. Again in 26 weeks of NFL football. Hes been hurt to the point of 35 weeks of rehabilitation time. Thats not a great sign at all.

if I was Jon Robinson I would be looking for a QB later in the rounds

Edited by ChasinDatPaper