Sign in to follow this  
ChasinDatPaper

Tennessee Titans 2017 Offseason

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

I like MM8. Easy the 2nd best qb in the division but I dont like what I see with durability. 2 knee injuries that totaled 10 weeks in recovery time combined. Broken leg that will bring him 25-30 weeks of rehabilitation. Body is too frail. Needs to bulk up. Again in 26 weeks of NFL football. Hes been hurt to the point of 35 weeks of rehabilitation time. Thats not a great sign at all.

 

if I was Jon Robinson I would be looking for a QB later in the rounds

 

Ha, Kaepernick would actually make sense here as a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

Ha, Kaepernick would actually make sense here as a backup.

I dont see Cassel coming back next yr, a younger QB like Kaep would work. But Kaep stinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChasinDatPaper said:

I dont see Cassel coming back next yr, a younger QB like Kaep would work. But Kaep stinks.

 

He does stink  (see the Kaep thread).

 

But Tennessee is one situation where the skills he has would play up a bit.  Dominant running game, playing experience, etc.  Run option elements in the offense, etc. 

 

As bad as I ripped Kaep in his own thread I'd take him over Cassel as a backup without hesitation.

 

But you nailed it, given MM8's injury history they need someone else on the roster better than Cassel.  Maybe sign Kaep and draft a young developmental guy later as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mariota was such a bargain last season (until he got hurt). I'll be targeting Mariota like I did last season. Just have to pair him up with a Rivers type in case of injury or bad matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray is the real question for me. His durability and Henry...just too many red flags. He's a monster though. Would love to draft him and Henry, but I have a bad feeling people will reach for Henry, leaving the Murray owner exposed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Murray is the real question for me. His durability and Henry...just too many red flags. He's a monster though. Would love to draft him and Henry, but I have a bad feeling people will reach for Henry, leaving the Murray owner exposed.

I'm starting to warm up to DeMarco just a touch after being really down on him watching the way Henry played at years end. I know he has great talent as a complete three down back coming off a terrific year, but Henry's presence obviously complicates things a bit. Especially if he starts hogging goal-line work.

 

I don't know where I'd feel comfortable drafting DeMarco just yet. We will have to see how the offseason pans out and what the talk is regarding potential usage.

 

I'm scared of drafting a back so early who cedes entire drives to his backup, when you have guys like Gurley/Miller/Hyde, bell-cow RBs who are ranked lower that him across the board who dominate touches. I still think he's a relatively safe low end RB1 in such a run heavy offense, but assuming they don't let Big Henry rot on the bench another year you have to think his upside is much lower than '16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

QBs with a higher TD rate than Marcus Mariota since he entered the league:

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

 

And that's with throwing to a bunch of WRs that are borderline starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Murray is the real question for me. His durability and Henry...just too many red flags. He's a monster though. Would love to draft him and Henry, but I have a bad feeling people will reach for Henry, leaving the Murray owner exposed.

 

Smart owners will let someone else pull the trigger on Murray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

QBs with a higher TD rate than Marcus Mariota since he entered the league:

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

If he stays healthy and Tennessee could continue building around him -- he has a chance to be a top 5 QB in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

If he stays healthy and Tennessee could continue building around him -- he has a chance to be a top 5 QB in the league.

 

Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, petekrum said:

 

And that's with throwing to a bunch of WRs that are borderline starters.

 

What are people's thought on Rishard Mathews? Seemed like every time I looked into a Tennessee game, he was making a play. I'd assume the Titans will bring in some help at WR, but Matthews is one of those very sneaky late-round who could end up a mid-level WR2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, petekrum said:

 

Smart owners will let someone else pull the trigger on Murray.

I feel like you could say that about almost anyone outside the surefire top four or five guys. At some point you're going to have to take a shot at someone you're not 100% comfortable with. It was probably the "smart" owners who passed on Murray last year too because Henry was going to cause a huge timeshare, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

I feel like you could say that about almost anyone outside the surefire top four or five guys. At some point you're going to have to take a shot at someone you're not 100% comfortable with. It was probably the "smart" owners who passed on Murray last year too because Henry was going to cause a huge timeshare, right?

 

Its about playing the percentages and minimizing risk. Murray is an injury risk with high mileage over the last three years, Henry is a young rising talent who will demand more touches. If my pick comes and Murray is available I will more than likely choose someone else with less question marks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

 

What are people's thought on Rishard Mathews? Seemed like every time I looked into a Tennessee game, he was making a play. I'd assume the Titans will bring in some help at WR, but Matthews is one of those very sneaky late-round who could end up a mid-level WR2.

 

Much depends on the draft. If they go WR in the first then I would temper expectations, but if not he could be a nice mid round bargain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

QBs with a higher TD rate than Marcus Mariota since he entered the league:

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers

Td rate? Ad in tds per game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, petekrum said:

 

Its about playing the percentages and minimizing risk. Murray is an injury risk with high mileage over the last three years, Henry is a young rising talent who will demand more touches. If my pick comes and Murray is available I will more than likely choose someone else with less question marks.

The problem is finding those guys wirh less question marks. And don't get me wrong I 100% see your side and agree with you, and maybe it's just me and I'm too down on RBs this year, but there's soooo much red flags everywhere at RB it'll be tough to pick around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

The problem is finding those guys wirh less question marks. And don't get me wrong I 100% see your side and agree with you, and maybe it's just me and I'm too down on RBs this year, but there's soooo much red flags everywhere at RB it'll be tough to pick around.

 

Tough to tell who's going to be available around his adp.  The "safest" pick may be a wr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ffguy0087 said:

The problem is finding those guys wirh less question marks. And don't get me wrong I 100% see your side and agree with you, and maybe it's just me and I'm too down on RBs this year, but there's soooo much red flags everywhere at RB it'll be tough to pick around.

 

Oh, I agree, after the first few guys everyone has flags, I just think his are more dangerous than some others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2017 at 2:50 AM, Ffguy0087 said:

"I don't know where I'd feel comfortable drafting DeMarco just yet. We will have to see how the offseason pans out and what the talk is regarding potential usage. I'm scared of drafting a back so early who cedes entire drives to his backup, when you have guys like Gurley/Miller/Hyde, bell-cow RBs who are ranked lower that him across the board who dominate touches." 

 

You take a guy like Matt Jones for instance, he is not just going to be handed the lead role again! The preseason is often about rounding out any given unit, so I think he's going to have to earn the role of lead RB on the field. For me, that fact makes him a solid option later. What may happen with Murray & Henry is just as you mentioned this past year, Murray wears down and the younger, stronger & fresher talent assumes a greater role. The fear of course is that it occurs sooner, week 8 or 9 or 10. At scout.com, Murray is slotted 44th and Henry 76th. However, at CBS.com Henry's only 97th, but climbing. Draft Murray, if it seems like there's a number of early matchups where he could go off. That could very well be the case, both turn out to be good values... but at different times during the season.

 

 

Edited by markrc99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2017 at 5:24 PM, ChasinDatPaper said:

Mike Williams isnt that good anyway.

 

Weren't you the one who said Taj Sharpe was going to be the best Titans WR last season?

 

Further proof you don't have a clue, even when it comes to your own team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrblonde1984 said:

 

Weren't you the one who said Taj Sharpe was going to be the best Titans WR last season?

 

Further proof you don't have a clue, even when it comes to your own team.

4696566.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

 

Weren't you the one who said Taj Sharpe was going to be the best Titans WR last season?

 

Further proof you don't have a clue, even when it comes to your own team.

 

Incorrect.

 

 I said he was going to the best rookie WR in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.