Sign in to follow this  
ChasinDatPaper

Tennessee Titans 2017 Offseason

2 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

And its not Taj, its Tajae. Learn football son.

"It's" not "its." Learn English, son.

2 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Incorrect.

I said he was going to the best rookie WR in the NFL

So you were even more wrong than I thought. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

18 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

And its not Taj, its Tajae. Learn football son.

aacd5387fc0fcce3a2ab27d35c494fe428285f93

Not a fan of theirs, but they are in a great spot to make a huge jump this season and beyond. It will be fun to watch...great cap space, a lot of picks.  

Looks like their biggest concerns are WRs and the secondary...real easy to get that solved before the draft through FA.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Not a fan of theirs, but they are in a great spot to make a huge jump this season and beyond. It will be fun to watch...great cap space, a lot of picks.  

Looks like their biggest concerns are WRs and the secondary...real easy to get that solved before the draft through FA.

Agree. With a good free agency and draft I would make them the favorites to win that division.

9 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Its amazing you doing background check on a team thats been in a drought for a long time. How long did it take you to google that? 

Tennessee hasn't won a playoff game since the Wild Card Round of the 2003 season, back when Steve McNair was still alive. Then they got beat by the Patriots in the Divisional Round as NE went on to beat Carolina in the Super Bowl. 

The Steve McNair curse lives on!

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Tennessee hasn't won a playoff game since the Wild Card Round of the 2003 season, back when Steve McNair was still alive. Then they got beat by the Patriots in the Divisional Round as NE went on to beat Carolina in the Super Bowl. 

The Steve McNair curse lives on!

I was at that game. Coldest I've ever been

1 minute ago, fingers said:

I was at that game. Coldest I've ever been

Yup, it was a great game. That was the year Tom Brady, on his way to becoming the greatest QB of all time, beat McNair and Peyton (co-MVPs) on his way to his 2nd Super Bowl title.

It's kinda sad that's what the Titans are known for in the playoffs. Well, that and the Music City Miracle that was clearly a forward pass, and also coming up one yard short against the Rams in the Super Bowl.

It's been rough sledding for Titans fans all these years...ouch!

Honest question...are the Titans even relevant in Tennessee? Seems like a women's basketball kind of state. It's too bad, because the future is bright with Mariota and Henry.

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Yup, it was a great game. That was the year Tom Brady, on his way to becoming the greatest QB of all time, beat McNair and Peyton (co-MVPs) on his way to his 2nd Super Bowl title.

It's kinda sad that's what the Titans are known for in the playoffs. Well, that and the Music City Miracle that was clearly a forward pass, and also coming up one yard short against the Rams in the Super Bowl.

It's been rough sledding for Titans fans all these years...ouch!

That's fine.

Mariota will retire Tom Brady in the AFC Game next yr.

35 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Honest question...are the Titans even relevant in Tennessee? Seems like a women's basketball kind of state. It's too bad, because the future is bright with Mariota and Henry.

As it relates to other NFL teams, when it comes to stadium size & attendance, the Titans are on par with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

3 hours ago, psygolf said:

As it relates to other NFL teams, when it comes to stadium size & attendance, the Titans are on par with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Minus the pirate ship that shoots boobie beads....

so really not on par at all

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Minus the pirate ship that shoots boobie beads....

so really not on par at all

They need a huge steamboat in that stadium with can-can girls kicking their legs up after every score

Edited by psygolf

Just now, psygolf said:

They need a huge steamship in that stadium with can-can girls kicking their legs up after every score

Their motto can be:  

"hey, at least it's warmer than Cleveland"

LOL

Regarding 2017, I don't see why TEN wouldn't just spend their FA dollars on the secondary and then draft Cory Davis in round 1 -- a legit stud WR on a rookie contract for the next 5 yrs (i.e. far cheaper than any good FA WR on the market).

This would be the fastest way for them to win 11+ games next year, so I doubt they'll do it. 

18 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Regarding 2017, I don't see why TEN wouldn't just spend their FA dollars on the secondary and then draft Cory Davis in round 1 -- a legit stud WR on a rookie contract for the next 5 yrs (i.e. far cheaper than any good FA WR on the market).

This would be the fastest way for them to win 11+ games next year, so I doubt they'll do it. 

They have the #5 & #18 pick...they  can draft both positions.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Now that the adults are talking again...

I agree with this. That secondary is a mess, but the rest of the team is promising. They are only a few pieces away from possibly winning the division.

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

You do realize that Titans have 2 1st round picks right?

I expect the GM to move up to get a 2nd rounder since they dont have one this year.

Edited by ChasinDatPaper

8 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

You do realize that Titans have 2 1st round picks right?

I expect the GM to move up to get a 2nd rounder since they dont have one this year.

They have an early 3rd with a lot of talent still on the board...there's no specific reason to move up in the 2nd, it wouldn't justify the cost.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

They have an early 3rd with a lot of talent still on the board...there's no specific reason to move up in the 2nd, it wouldn't justify the cost.

2nd rounders are valueable. If Jon Rob falls in love with a player and thinks he will still be available even if moving up he'll pull the trigger. Just like he did last yr.

Saw one mock that had them taking Mike Williams at 5 and a cb at 18.  Can't remember which cb though but there's a bunch of really good ones in this draft.

If I'm a Tennessee fan I'd be happy with that assuming they also sign a couple of cbs in free agency.  Or if they signed Berry (bring him back to the state he played college ball in) and a cb.

4 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

2nd rounders are valueable. If Jon Rob falls in love with a player and thinks he will still be available even if moving up he'll pull the trigger. Just like he did last yr.

So what does it take to move in the 2nd rd, paper?

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

So what does it take to move in the 2nd rd, paper?

A future 2nd rounder plus a current later draft pick.

Or in some cases multiple later picks, say a 3rd, 4th, 6th.