Sign in to follow this  
ChasinDatPaper

Tennessee Titans 2017 Offseason

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

So what does it take to move in the 2nd rd, paper?

Pretty easy honestly.

if a diff team falls in love with a player, they could easily offer their 2nd rounder just to move up in the first and grab that player.

48 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

A future 2nd rounder plus a current later draft pick.

Or in some cases multiple later picks, say a 3rd, 4th, 6th.

So needed depth?   Not worth it if are already armed with two 1st rd picks, imo.  Claiming their GM will move up just because they do not have a pick in that round is silly talk.

6 hours ago, psygolf said:

So needed depth?   Not worth it if are already armed with two 1st rd picks, imo.  Claiming their GM will move up just because they do not have a pick in that round is silly talk.

How is that crazy??? Whats crazy is saying it is not. 

1 minute ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

How is that crazy??? Whats crazy is saying it is not. 

No one said it was crazy, you just had a silly post.

You said that the GM will move into the 2nd, just because he does not have a pick in that rd.  I said that he will not have that "urge" because he will still be full from chewing on his two top 18 picks.

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

No one said it was crazy, you just had a silly post.

You said that the GM will move into the 2nd, just because he does not have a pick in that rd.  I said that he will not have that "urge" because he will still be full from chewing on his two top 18 picks.

It isnt silly to say he could move one of the first picks up just to gain a 2nd. Its pretty logical

7 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

It isnt silly to say he could move one of the first picks up just to gain a 2nd. Its pretty logical

You cannot move a 1st rd pick up and gain a 2nd, that's bizarro world.

You made no claim that they would move one of those picks DOWN just to gain a 2nd rd pick, which they of course could, but in my opinion of their needs (db, wr) it doesn't make sense in this year's class.

Your original entry was a random post for no apparent reason...historically, a much higher percentage of GMs do NOT pay to move up into a round that they do not have a pick, especially when it's a higher rd, why? Because of they have already benefitted as a team by previously spending the pick to get what they wanted + the cost it takes to make a big move up in an early rd is too high for most to consider...that, is what is actually logical.

The Titans are already in great position to draft stud players at their 2 biggest needs...there is currently no catalyst to make a move unless a high 1st rd grade player falls into that 2nd rd, which happens, but again reinforces my view that your post was a random one.

3 hours ago, psygolf said:

You cannot move a 1st rd pick up and gain a 2nd, that's bizarro world.

You made no claim that they would move one of those picks DOWN just to gain a 2nd rd pick, which they of course could, but in my opinion of their needs (db, wr) it doesn't make sense in this year's class.

Your original entry was a random post for no apparent reason...historically, a much higher percentage of GMs do NOT pay to move up into a round that they do not have a pick, especially when it's a higher rd, why? Because of they have already benefitted as a team by previously spending the pick to get what they wanted + the cost it takes to make a big move up in an early rd is too high for most to consider...that, is what is actually logical.

The Titans are already in great position to draft stud players at their 2 biggest needs...there is currently no catalyst to make a move unless a high 1st rd grade player falls into that 2nd rd, which happens, but again reinforces my view that your post was a random one.

Their biggest needs is WR and CB wich they could fix via FA. Jon Robinson would certainly move down to gain a 2nd rounder, if he falls in love with a player and still believes he'll be on the board (see Jack Conklin) -- I dont care about other GMs history -- I am talking about Robinsons history as a 1yr GM now and hes thought proccess. It could very well happen.

16 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Their biggest needs is WR and CB wich they could fix via FA. Jon Robinson would certainly move down to gain a 2nd rounder, if he falls in love with a player and still believes he'll be on the board (see Jack Conklin) -- I dont care about other GMs history -- I am talking about Robinsons history as a 1yr GM now and hes thought proccess. It could very well happen.

I dont really think there is fixes via FA. Theres one legit wr1 and there will be a strong market for him. Theres barely any secondary fixes, alot of middle of the road options, maybe bouye after his year if he doesnt resign? Johnson? Gilmore? Amukamara? Titans would do well to find nice young options through the draft and build their team for years to come. 

Honestly, if someone would trade down and give you a later first and a 2nd i might be tempted to take that. Cb group is deep this year id love to grab two in the top 2 rounds, but it might require the earlier first to get that kind of return. I think they would be fine as is, but it wouldnt shock me.

39 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

I'm glad you acknowledged the big "IF" in your thinking.

12 hours ago, psygolf said:

I'm glad you acknowledged the big "IF" in your thinking.

Lol. That's where we disagree my man. There's not much difference between first second or third success rate.

31 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Trade 5 and 18 and get 2 2nds.

Ok now I dont follow.

Trade 5 and 18 overall....for two 2nd round picks...in what world does this make sense?

Sometimes I feel like you purposely write these redundant posts just to get attention

Lol. You don't think there's quality in the second round and that's where I disagree. You're talking about moving from 5 to 10 or 18 to 25  is a guarantee of missing out on a star player and I couldn't disagree more especially since you're picking up a low and mid 2nd rounder.

4 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Ok now I dont follow.

Trade 5 and 18 overall....for two 2nd round picks...in what world does this make sense?

Sometimes I feel like you purposely write these redundant posts just to get attention

What the hell are you talking about?  Lol. It's common sense you're swapping firsts and and picking up the taxing teams second pick also.

3 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

What the hell are you talking about?  Lol. It's common sense you're swapping firsts and and picking up the taxing teams second pick also.

You didnt say swap firsts. You said trade 5 and 18 for 2 2nds. Maybe you should try being more clear. At this point i wouldnt be surprised at anything you say.

Edited by vikingapocalypse

If you think there are any sure things coming out of this draft you're smoking. It's cool. I just disagree. If you're not a sure what I mean by sure thing it's referring to players like Joe Thomas. Peyton manning. Orlando pace. The blindside. Eli manning. Andrew Luck. There are NONE of those players in the draft this year.

12 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

If you think there are any sure things coming out of this draft you're smoking. It's cool. I just disagree. If you're not a sure what I mean by sure thing it's referring to players like Joe Thomas. Peyton manning. Orlando pace. The blindside. Eli manning. Andrew Luck. There are NONE of those players in the draft this year.

There's a darn near "sure thing" DE prospect, but certainly nothing the Titans could get without having to trade up.  Which really would negate the possibility of trading down if they did.  

Of course, that works both ways.  What is there at 5 that makes a team want to trade up with the Titans?  

9 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

There's a darn near "sure thing" DE prospect, but certainly nothing the Titans could get without having to trade up.  Which really would negate the possibility of trading down if they did.  

Of course, that works both ways.  What is there at 5 that makes a team want to trade up with the Titans?  

NEED

4 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

NEED

Who is a high prospect that will still be available that is uniquely high at their position? AFAIK, this is a great draft for pass rushers, RBs, and DBs, so that would hurt the likelihood of someone trading up for Fournette, Williams, or say Hooker.  It's a really weak O-line and QB class, so there aren't any that are really draftable at 5.  No one takes none pass rushing linebackers that high anymore, so that's out.  I don't think there's a particularly strong DT prospect.  

So really, it's just hoping someone looks at one of those and thinks its worth giving up multiple starting caliber player picks to guarantee they get that one instead of the #2 at the position?  If Garrett was sitting there at 5, I get someone wanting to trade up, but he won't be. 

12 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Who is a high prospect that will still be available that is uniquely high at their position? AFAIK, this is a great draft for pass rushers, RBs, and DBs, so that would hurt the likelihood of someone trading up for Fournette, Williams, or say Hooker.  It's a really weak O-line and QB class, so there aren't any that are really draftable at 5.  No one takes none pass rushing linebackers that high anymore, so that's out.  I don't think there's a particularly strong DT prospect.  

So really, it's just hoping someone looks at one of those and thinks its worth giving up multiple starting caliber player picks to guarantee they get that one instead of the #2 at the position?  If Garrett was sitting there at 5, I get someone wanting to trade up, but he won't be. 

Like i said before in general, pick five is not much difference than pick ten for most positions especially when it's a deep draft. It makes more sense to trade back collect extra high picks because it's least likely that another team is targeting the player on your draft board. A perfect example is what Tennessee did last year by trading back for Conklin when everybody was focusing Tunsil. Last year was a deep LT draft.

Edited by ChasinDatPaper

@jbshawThere's at least 5-10 safeties corners edge rushers TE WR that could be game changing all of which are needs for Tennessee. That alone could put the guy I want in the second or third round. We are super lucky. The stars are aligning.

Edited by ChasinDatPaper

4 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Lol. That's where we disagree my man. There's not much difference between first second or third success rate.

I wasn't addressing success rate, but you just provided another logical reason why the titan GM will most likely NOT make a move into the 2nd rd.