Sign in to follow this  
ChasinDatPaper

Tennessee Titans 2017 Offseason

21 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

2nd round historically produces as many pro bowlers as first rounders... 

Where did you find this information?

According to this article done by kevin jones, reporter for the clevelands browns, done for the years between 2012-2014:

Round                                 No. of players                                       Percentage

1st Round                                         88                                                51%

2nd Round                                        21                                                12%

3rd Round                                         20                                                11%    
4th Round                                         11                                                 5.5%    
5th Round                                         8                                                   4%    
6th Round                                         8                                                   4%    
7th Round                                         3                                                   .5%

Undrafted                                          21                                                 12%

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Pro-Bowl-talent-found-throughout-the-NFL-draft/a739c152-b49f-472c-a2c8-6e941a194d38

Also from a study, done for the years between 2000-2007:

Round 1:  In each of these years, 31 players were taken in round 1.  Out of those players, 13, 16, 10, 13, 15, 10, 13, and 10 in years 2000-2007, respectively, have made the Pro Bowl.  In only one year did at least half the players drafted in round 1 eventually become Pro Bowlers.  The average for the 8 yrs is 12.5.

Round 2:  Again, 31 players were drafted in round 2 in each of these years.  Those becoming Pro Bowlers number 5, 11, 4, 6, 2, 5, 6, and 5, for an average of 5.5 per year.  This is less than 1 in 5 players drafted in this round.  Again, 2001 appears to behave been a banner year.

(He says 31 players to address all years, as texans were an expansion team in 2002)

http://www.battleredblog.com/2011/4/27/2137559/odds-of-getting-a-pro-bowler-by-round-years-2000-2007

The first round has an OVERWHELMING share of current and past pro bowlers, as history has actually proven.

9 hours ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Where did you find this information?

According to this article done by kevin jones, reporter for the clevelands browns, done for the years between 2012-2014:

Round                                 No. of players                                       Percentage

1st Round                                         88                                                51%

2nd Round                                        21                                                12%

3rd Round                                         20                                                11%    
4th Round                                         11                                                 5.5%    
5th Round                                         8                                                   4%    
6th Round                                         8                                                   4%    
7th Round                                         3                                                   .5%

Undrafted                                          21                                                 12%

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Pro-Bowl-talent-found-throughout-the-NFL-draft/a739c152-b49f-472c-a2c8-6e941a194d38

Also from a study, done for the years between 2000-2007:

Round 1:  In each of these years, 31 players were taken in round 1.  Out of those players, 13, 16, 10, 13, 15, 10, 13, and 10 in years 2000-2007, respectively, have made the Pro Bowl.  In only one year did at least half the players drafted in round 1 eventually become Pro Bowlers.  The average for the 8 yrs is 12.5.

Round 2:  Again, 31 players were drafted in round 2 in each of these years.  Those becoming Pro Bowlers number 5, 11, 4, 6, 2, 5, 6, and 5, for an average of 5.5 per year.  This is less than 1 in 5 players drafted in this round.  Again, 2001 appears to behave been a banner year.

(He says 31 players to address all years, as texans were an expansion team in 2002)

http://www.battleredblog.com/2011/4/27/2137559/odds-of-getting-a-pro-bowler-by-round-years-2000-2007

The first round has an OVERWHELMING share of current and past pro bowlers, as history has actually proven.

I think the Cleveland article needs to be restated, because it is misleading...his research shows, that out of all of the players SELECTED to the Pro Bowl betwee 2012-2014, 88 of those players (51%) had been chosen in the 1st rd of the draft.  

He is NOT showing that 51% of players DRAFTED in the 1st rd eventually become Pro Bowl caliber players, that is a lower #...and it is what Chasing is commenting about.

Edited by psygolf

Just now, ChasinDatPaper said:

@joshua18 Mike Williams has had better competiton in college. Corey Davis went against soft schools.

Just like Yeldon versus DJ in college, right?

Or Eddie Brown versus Jerry Rice prior to the 1985 NFL draft?

Corey Davis and Christian McCaffrey are the two best FFL players in this draft class. And it won't take more than the 1.03 in rookie drafts to get at least one of them. 

5 hours ago, psygolf said:

I think the Cleveland article needs to be restated, because it is misleading...his research shows, that out of all of the players SELECTED to the Pro Bowl betwee 2012-2014, 88 of those players (51%) had been chosen in the 1st rd of the draft.  

He is NOT showing that 51% of players DRAFTED in the 1st rd eventually become Pro Bowl caliber players, that is a lower #...and it is what Chasing is commenting about.

No, because its tough to assume by 2016 which players are pro bowl caliber players from 2014. The sample size is too small. He IS showing that players taken in the first round between those years were selected to the pro bowl. The study wasnt meant to mislead anything, it is exactly what it states, and proves to my point. Also, he didnt state pro bowl caliber players, he said "pro bowlers." Which is really just getting selected to the pro bowl. I included it because its important to get a modern day outlook, aside from one the study that only went till 2007. 

The studies MORE then proves a large share pro of bowlers every year were taken in the first round, and you typically have a better chance . Which refutes @ChasinDatPaper statement " 2nd round historically produces as many pro bowlers as first rounders... "

But thank you for attempting to defend him, which he cant seem to do himself. I didnt realize you were so close.

Edited by vikingapocalypse

@psygolf i dont understand how it can be misleading when it clearly states the percentage of probowlers from the first round between those years...at no time does it represent "51% of first rounders become pro bowlers." 

41 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

No, because its tough to assume by 2016 which players are pro bowl caliber players from 2014. The sample size is too small. He IS showing that players taken in the first round between those years were selected to the pro bowl. The study wasnt meant to mislead anything, it is exactly what it states, and proves to my point. Also, he didnt state pro bowl caliber players, he said "pro bowlers." Which is really just getting selected to the pro bowl. I included it because its important to get a modern day outlook, aside from one the study that only went till 2007. 

The studies MORE then proves a large share pro of bowlers every year were taken in the first round, and you typically have a better chance . Which refutes @ChasinDatPaper statement " 2nd round historically produces as many pro bowlers as first rounders... "

But thank you for attempting to defend him, which he cant seem to do himself. I didnt realize you were so close.

I'm not trying to defend Paper...you presented the first #s in your poorly in your post. It leads one to believe that getting a pro bowler in the 1st is better than a 50/50 coin flip, not everyone will read the linked article.

Edited by psygolf

Vikes, the second article you posted was presented/researched better by the writer.

3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I'm not trying to defend Paper...fact is, this Cleveland writer is insinuating that the odds in getting a pro bowl player in the 1st rd is a better than a 50/50 coin flip.  

It's "fake news."

On first glance you may think that, but at no time does it state that. The article clearly states the percentage of pro bowlers in those years that were taken in the first round. It doesnt try to advocate that 51% of first rounders become pro bowlers.  From the article before the graph:

Using rosters from the last three Pro Bowls (2012-2014) There have been 172 players selected for the prestigious game.

51% of those pro bowlers were taken in the first round.

It is still bad methodology, especially if one is counting Alex Smith as a 1st rd Pro Bowl hit, just because the real deals declined their invitation.

I'd rather see an All-Pro selection evaluation.

Just now, psygolf said:

It is still bad methodology, especially if one is counting Alex Smith as a 1st rd Pro Bowl hit, just because the real deals declined their invitation.

If you want to see it, make one and post it. 

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Agreed. The pro bowl in itself is a popularity vote, but it was moreso to show the mediocrity of papers statement.

Edited by vikingapocalypse

Just now, joshua18 said:

If you want to see it, make one and post it. 

I already know what it will show, and I'm not trying to prove anything. My feelings about moving down/out of the 1st rd have been expressed.

2 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Agreed. The pro bowl in itself is a popularity vote, but it was moreso to show the mediocrity of paper.

Edited ^

On 2/22/2017 at 8:50 AM, joshua18 said:

Just like Yeldon versus DJ in college, right?

Or Eddie Brown versus Jerry Rice prior to the 1985 NFL draft?

Corey Davis and Christian McCaffrey are the two best FFL players in this draft class. And it won't take more than the 1.03 in rookie drafts to get at least one of them. 

Wow dude, really? Comparing Rice to Corey Davis.

yeah delusional. I am not a fan of M Williams but he's clearly 1a. Neither of this recievers will be pro bowlers though. This WR class is as bad as it was last yrs.

2 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

yeah delusional. I am not a fan of M Williams but he's clearly 1a. Neither of this recievers will be pro bowlers though. This WR class is as bad as it was last yrs.

"Delusional" is some of the statements you make on these forums. He was clearly referring to past drafts where players were compared due to their college competition. Like Davis and Williams. Not that hard to understand.

Id be interested to hear why you think this class is "so bad," or if its just another blind statement.

Even considering last years class, guys like Coleman and doctson havent even had a chance to prove what they can do (coleman had very promising showing in limited time). Michael thomas looks like a sure-fire stud. Shepard and boyd have very promising outlooks. You expect guys to be pro bowlers in their first year? Aside from 2014, this is a rare feat. Pretty lofty expectations for a blind assesment of talent.

21 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Wow dude, really? Comparing Rice to Corey Davis.

I like this year's class, nice crop of guys that can contribute right away, without it costing you high 1st rd draft pick.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

I like this year's class, nice crop of guys that can contribute right away, without it costing you high 1st rd draft pick.

This.   

Although it's a shame Davis isn't participating at the combine.  His film is impressive.

Oh brother, bad news for 2nd year WR Tajae Sharpe. He allegedly beat up a dude in a bar on draft night for saying, "looks like you will be catching less balls" because the Titans drafted Corey Davis. He allegedly beat the guy unconscious and left him for dead. A passerby spotted the victim after 12 hours after the beating occurred. 

A Nashville man has filed a federal civil lawsuit alleging a Tennessee Titans football player beat him up while another player served as a lookout.

Dante R. Satterfield filed the lawsuit on Wednesday against wide receiver Tajae Sharpe and offensive lineman Sebastian Tretola. Satterfield’s lawyer, Alex Little of Nashville, said Satterfield was also working with Nashville police.

"The alleged victim who is named as a plaintiff in the lawsuit came to the Midtown Hills precinct (Wednesday) and met with the investigation team and we do have an open investigation taking place," Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/05/10/tajae-sharpe-titans-teammate-accused-assault-nashville-mans-lawsuit/101532332/

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:39 AM, TX Babe Ruth said:

Oh brother, bad news for 2nd year WR Tajae Sharpe. He allegedly beat up a dude in a bar on draft night for saying, "looks like you will be catching less balls" because the Titans drafted Corey Davis. He allegedly beat the guy unconscious and left him for dead. A passerby spotted the victim after 12 hours after the beating occurred. 

A Nashville man has filed a federal civil lawsuit alleging a Tennessee Titans football player beat him up while another player served as a lookout.

Dante R. Satterfield filed the lawsuit on Wednesday against wide receiver Tajae Sharpe and offensive lineman Sebastian Tretola. Satterfield’s lawyer, Alex Little of Nashville, said Satterfield was also working with Nashville police.

"The alleged victim who is named as a plaintiff in the lawsuit came to the Midtown Hills precinct (Wednesday) and met with the investigation team and we do have an open investigation taking place," Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/05/10/tajae-sharpe-titans-teammate-accused-assault-nashville-mans-lawsuit/101532332/

Wow.  Grow some thicker skin, Sharpe.   If true...you've just thrown away your career because someone doubted you. 

Good for my man Rishard....but sad to hear of talent wasted.

Why is he doing the beating while the OT Tretola that is twice bigger than him watching.. this story is sketchy

Edited by ChasinDatPaper

45 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Why is he doing the beating while the OT Tretola that is twice bigger than him watching.. this story is sketchy

because he was the one personally insulted supposedly by the comments made...

your posts are so cringe 

Davis is listed as a starter in a recent "unofficial" depth chart that came out..

my question is, can 3 WR on the same team be productive? If Decker and Mathews are your starting WRs I fear that Davis wont have enough looks to be more than a fill in bye week player.