tywalson

Keon Broxton 2017 Outlook

Guys do you not remember Keon was horrific to start last year as well? He's as streaky as you get. In shallower leagues you can cut bait soon if he doesn't get it going. I have him in a deep league and have no option but to hold there.

10 hours ago, Beakman said:

So Keon was due up in the 8th inning in a one run game, and the manager put in Kirk Nieuwenhuis to pinch hit for him.  Incredibly, Kirk is the one guy on the team with a lower average than Keon.  Not good.

They like to use Nieuwenhuis when facing a rightie. 

Dropped him last night. I'm sure he'll come around at some point but I also know that no one else in my league is going to pick him up so I just need to keep y eye on him. He's striking out more than Kershaw.

Last four games and two at bats today....1 for 16....12 Ks. That is RIDICULOUSLY awful. Shut it down.

Take it behind the barn and put it sleep. 

Eventually he will come around, but until then, no one is touching this. 

Yeah this has gotten really bad... think it's a definite time to drop in all but the deepest of leagues.

tenor.gif

He's in such a mess right now there isn't a single game performance that would make me go back and grab him. I'm going to need to see at least a week's worth of goodness before I roster again.

Broxton....... Buxton........... So similar, yet so.......... similar.

Perhaps, they are the same person?  

Milwaukee........ Minnesota......... nah........ ?

6 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Both moldering in shallow graves underneath my fantasy baseball clubhouse.

Notoriously slow starter. This will be one guy that people regret dropping.  If you can't hang onto him due to roster size or restrictions it's understandable but he'll be given every chance in the world to right the ship......and I believe he will.  They'll trade Braun  and then  Broxton, Santana and Brinson will be put on display .

You can't steal bases when you're not getting on base. I can handle the high K% as long as he gets on base but he's not even drawing walks. All his peripherals look ugly (SwStr%, Contact%, Hard%). He looks absolutely clueless out there... 

Dropping him isn't a problem as long as you keep an eye on him and can get him back before a leaguemate picks him up. I feel confident in my understanding of my league's free agency pool so he resides there for now. He's epic fail at the moment so there aren't too many people that are going to ride him on their bench.

On 4/20/2017 at 3:39 PM, MynameisMudd said:

Notoriously slow starter. This will be one guy that people regret dropping.  If you can't hang onto him due to roster size or restrictions it's understandable but he'll be given every chance in the world to right the ship......and I believe he will.  They'll trade Braun  and then  Broxton, Santana and Brinson will be put on display .

I hope and think he'll get it going eventually, he's just super streaky. He was dog balls start of last year too. The problem is owning him in dynasties you can't just drop him, so he's burning a hole in your roster right now.

I'm not sure how safe he'd be on waivers.  Yeah he's started terribly, but he was such a hot name just a few weeks ago - most people recognize he's still a potential 40 steal guy with power.

4 minutes ago, ranger danger said:

I'm not sure how safe he'd be on waivers.  Yeah he's started terribly, but he was such a hot name just a few weeks ago - most people recognize he's still a potential 40 steal guy with power.

He is still a hold, but I think his outlook is not the same as it was weeks ago.  2 weeks ago he was hitting second, and now he probably won't this season again with the way Thames is hitting.  His counting stats won't be there, but like you said he is a guy who can steal and hit with power.  

His wRC+ right now is 13. Yeah.

Every league is different and you've got to know yours but he's not going anywhere on my WW for a while and I'm sure I'll be the one to see the tremors first. Meanwhile, his roster spot was too valuable.

33 minutes ago, smuz1 said:

He is still a hold, but I think his outlook is not the same as it was weeks ago.  2 weeks ago he was hitting second, and now he probably won't this season again with the way Thames is hitting.  His counting stats won't be there, but like you said he is a guy who can steal and hit with power.  

He only batted 2nd twice all year.  He batted 7th five times and 6th six times.

dropped him a couple weeks ago. no one will touch him. i keep an eye on him in case he starts to warm up but nothing shows that right now

A modest 3-game hitting streak.  Today's double was a nice piece of hitting.  Not saying he's figured anything out, but it does give hope to those of us in deeper/dynasty formats who are holding for the power/speed upside.