octapuss

Luke Weaver 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Lynn will be dealt.  He will be next in line to get the call.

Where are you coming up with this from? Lynn has previously stated he doesn't want to play anywhere else but St. Louis. Why would the deal their 2nd best pitcher? Especially with the division as winnable as it is this year? If anything Wacha will move to the pen to make room for Weaver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Helms said:

Where are you coming up with this from? Lynn has previously stated he doesn't want to play anywhere else but St. Louis. Why would the deal their 2nd best pitcher? Especially with the division as winnable as it is this year? If anything Wacha will move to the pen to make room for Weaver.

because he is a free agent next year and anyone who has watched them play on a daily basis knows they are not winning the division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crotchcrickets said:

because he is a free agent next year and anyone who has watched them play on a daily basis knows they are not winning the division.

The division is terrible it's easily winnable. Cardinals won't be selling that's not how they go about things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Helms said:

The division is terrible it's easily winnable. Cardinals won't be selling that's not how they go about things.

oh they will.  mark my words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crotchcrickets said:

oh they will.  mark my words

They won't but ok. If anything they will be looking to add a player or two. Words have been marked though lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn wants a $100+ mil contract, which he's not getting from the cardinals.

 

The team is in disarray.  Bad defense, bad baserunnning, little no offense, terrible bullpen, awful managing, etc.  A "player or two" is not going to fix all the issues with the team. 

 

I fully expect peralta to be gone by the end of the week.  I expect Rosie and Lynn to be traded by the deadline and i expect weaver to be pitching for the major league club within the next month or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Lynn wants a $100+ mil contract, which he's not getting from the cardinals.

 

The team is in disarray.  Bad defense, bad baserunnning, little no offense, terrible bullpen, awful managing, etc.  A "player or two" is not going to fix all the issues with the team. 

 

I fully expect peralta to be gone by the end of the week.  I expect Rosie and Lynn to be traded by the deadline and i expect weaver to be pitching for the major league club within the next month or so.

Can you link me to the $100+ million dollar contract that you say Lynn wants.

All that disarray and they're still only 2.5 games out of first while playing their worst stretch of baseball all year. They have also played less games than any team in the division. No team in the division will be running away with it bc they all have their issues.

Back to Weaver though. Much more likely that Wacha moves to the pen if his struggles continue and Weaver would be the obvious replacement for his spot in the rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2017 at 11:15 AM, crotchcrickets said:

Lynn wants a $100+ mil contract, which he's not getting from the cardinals.

 

The team is in disarray.  Bad defense, bad baserunnning, little no offense, terrible bullpen, awful managing, etc.  A "player or two" is not going to fix all the issues with the team. 

 

I fully expect peralta to be gone by the end of the week.  I expect Rosie and Lynn to be traded by the deadline and i expect weaver to be pitching for the major league club within the next month or so.

Cardinals designated INF Jhonny Peralta for assignment.

It's a move that has seemed to be coming for a while. Peralta has barely played since returning from the disabled list and is hitting .204/.259/.204 with zero extra-base hits over 21 games this season. The Cards will try to find a trade partner to take on Peralta, but he'll most likely just be released.
 
itshappening.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

 

 

giphy.gif

Good for you man, but Peralta's DFA is about Wong coming back, not Weaver.  We get it, you think Weaver's gonna be up at some point...but can we stop bumping this thread until we have real news on Weaver's call-up?  Nothing is imminent right now.  The cards current 5 SPs aren't doing that terrible.  Waino has been better lately, and Wacha...well he's been very Wacha-esque.  Maybe he goes to the bullpen, but for now, Weaver is gonna keep lighting up AAA hitters.  It's likely going to take an injury or trade to get him back to the majors.  Until then, his MILB forum thread should be the one used so you aren't getting people prematurely excited without any real call-up news.  Fair enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yceman1234 said:

giphy.gif

Good for you man, but Peralta's DFA is about Wong coming back, not Weaver.  We get it, you think Weaver's gonna be up at some point...but can we stop bumping this thread until we have real news on Weaver's call-up?  Nothing is imminent right now.  The cards current 5 SPs aren't doing that terrible.  Waino has been better lately, and Wacha...well he's been very Wacha-esque.  Maybe he goes to the bullpen, but for now, Weaver is gonna keep lighting up AAA hitters.  It's likely going to take an injury or trade to get him back to the majors.  Until then, his MILB forum thread should be the one used so you aren't getting people prematurely excited without any real call-up news.  Fair enough?

I was actually excited more by the fact our gm is cleaning house...not necessarily being right about the situation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pierceNKC said:

Recalled today

Is he going to be starting?  Who is he replacing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, herschel said:

Is he going to be starting?  Who is he replacing?

Don't know yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mthdmn said:

Run, don't walk?

If he's truly out of the bullpen,then he doesn't warrant any speed of movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mthdmn said:

Run, don't walk?

 

8 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

If he's truly out of the bullpen,then he doesn't warrant any speed of movement.

If you think there's a chance he starts this season then I'd run, because someone in your league will take that flier and you'll miss out. Too many times where players were "supposed" to be in certain roles or timeframes and things change.. hes a league specific pickup, but I'm grabbing where possible. 

Edited by osb_tensor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

If he's truly out of the bullpen,then he doesn't warrant any speed of movement.

 

Holds and keeper leagues even though he is going to be rostered in a lot of keeper leagues. But he will eventually be starting either because of injury or trade so if he got a throw away spot or are in any of those types of leagues I would snag him up.

 

20 minutes ago, mthdmn said:

Run, don't walk?

 

See above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be interesting to see if Matheny throws him in 8th or 9th inning of high leverage games given how the bullpen has been pitching of late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weaver gets the call after posting a 1.93 ERA and 60/13 K/BB ratio in 56 innings across 11 starts in Triple-A this year. According to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com, the plan calls for him to pitch out of the bullpen initially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mthdmn said:

Run, don't walk?

Depends on the depth of your league, whether you have a open enough spot for him etc.  True it looks like a bullpen spot, but one has to imagine it's only for the time being. 

Too me this reeks of getting his feet wet out of the BP so they can trade a starter and have a seamless transition and not be seen as "giving up the season" with the trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.