octapuss

Luke Weaver 2017 Outlook

29 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

That article gives the impression that he'll have short but frequent appearances, rather than multiple innings every once in a while. Doesn't mention if or when they plan to use him as a starter. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Scratched from tonight's start to take wainwright place or because he's part of that rumored blockbuster?

Either way i think he's a grab and ask questions later. Based on stuff.

Definitely considering a pick-up and stash.  If he starts tomorrow, it would be against Arizona.  It would be in St. Louis, but even on the road Arizona would scare me now with J.D.  They are in the bottom third of the league in Runs on the road, but I'm still not sure I'd have the balls to start him tomorrow.

Yea but won't he get sent right back when Waino is off DL?

12 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

Yea but won't he get sent right back when Waino is off DL?

It's a foregone conclusion that Lynn will be traded.  Weaver will slide into his spot in the rotation

4 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

They aren't trading Lynn when they are only a few games back

Lynn met with Mozeliak last weekend, and Mo's own comments make it clear that it's at least being considered.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/mozeliak-meets-with-lynn-suggests-situation-is-very-fluid/article_f6e65d4b-f25d-5d93-8abd-6c270432411e.html

I picked him up a few days ago, but I don't think I have the cahones to start him against Arizona even though it's in St. Louis.

Outside of the 4th inning, he's actually pitched fine.  Unfortunately the 4th inning was a doozy.

and thats all she wrote for this outing as far as ruined line by the grand slam sigh

The moment got him in the 4th. Caved and his control went with it. The back to back walks set up the JD bomb. Lost touch of his changeup in the 4th as well. Overall stuff is there. Touched 95 multiple times. Good movement.

21 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Too bad he only went 5 ip....

probably could have gone back out for the 6th. His spot came up with a man on and two outs, so Matheny pinch hit for him.

13 minutes ago, Jake Taylor said:

He looked good outside of that 4th inning. I don't know why people are bagging on his performance.

Exactly, he was good apart from the 4th. I wonder if Yadi was catching, the outcome would have been different.

5 hours ago, Bobby Blue said:

Exactly, he was good apart from the 4th. I wonder if Yadi was catching, the outcome would have been different.

Kelly was his catcher in AAA for the most part, so I don't think that was an issue.

Is this guy staying in the rotation? Lynn wasn't moved at the deadline and Wainwright comes off the DL soon. It's a shame to see such talent rot away in the minors.

A little surprised they sent him back out for the 7th inning tonight.  Nice start so far, however.

3 minutes ago, Beakman said:

A little surprised they sent him back out for the 7th inning tonight.  Nice start so far, however.

Yeah, didn't make much sense to send him back out with his pitch count near 100.  I didn't have him tonight, but that makes his stats go from dominant to good, but he still should get the win with a still solid line.

Maybe the manager has Rosenthal on his fantasy team and wanted to make it a save situation before he took Weaver out... ;)